I just got myslef an unlocked 9700 bold formally with rogers now with fido and I cannot get youtube, grooveshark, calorie counter or any app using flash or my data plan. I can just do basic browsing but the fact I cannot use the apps I am purchasing off the bb app store is making me very disgruntled.

I have been seraching for resolutions and I have seen online that changing the apn may
    work... However there is no indication how to do that.

I downloaded the youtube , grooveshark apps, calorie counter off the bb store and they still do not work. I am wits end as I am not getting the customer support I expected to get with bb.

Is there anyone with insight as to how to regulate these issue??

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 10:22 AM
    Do you have a bb data plan? Can you browse with the bb browser?

What do you have under the internet setup? I'm using internet.fido.ca and mine works ok.

10-16-10 01:17 PM
    I just got myslef an unlocked 9700 bold formally with rogers now with fido and I cannot get youtube, grooveshark, calorie counter or any app using flash or my data plan. I can just do basic browsing but the fact I cannot use the apps I am purchasing off the bb app store is making me very disgruntled.

I have been seraching for resolutions and I have seen online that changing the apn may
    work... However there is no indication how to do that.

I downloaded the youtube , grooveshark apps, calorie counter off the bb store and they still do not work. I am wits end as I am not getting the customer support I expected to get with bb.

Is there anyone with insight as to how to regulate these issue??

Thanks in advance

1) blackberry devices do not support Flash. As of currently only NextGen Androids with 2.2 & the proper hardware will support Flash.
    2) you need to make sure you have the correct Service Books on your device for it to work correctly. if the old service books are still in the phone and you current provider supports the 9700 they can send you the service books OTA.

10-16-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD