Hi Team,

Hoping anyone can help. I have a friend who has a unlocked Bold 9000 on their prepaid service. Voice works, SMS work but I can't get web browsing to work. I tried sp.telus.com and bb.telus.com and both don't

- New unlocked bold 9000
    - Voice and SMS work
    - Prepaid plan
    - Tried to add their regular web browsing plan with sp.telus.com or bb.telus.com
    - Telus prepaid call center said they the option to add the BB data plan does exsist, is that true?

On telus website it does say that smartphone and RIM device on their prepaid plans can't do web browsing but I am hoping there is a work around.

Help?
    02-03-10 04:54 PM
    Any help would be great guys...
    02-04-10 10:43 AM
    If you want my opinion, I think you already answered it yourself. I don't think Telus has a prepaid service which includes data. Your friend may be able to use the Telus WAP browser, but that's likely all.

Basically, in order to use a prepaid service and get data on the phone, Telus would have to come out with a specific BlackBerry prepaid plan like a couple of American carriers offer. Right now, I know of no such plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 11:17 AM
    Basically, in order to use a prepaid service and get data on the phone, Telus would have to come out with a specific BlackBerry prepaid plan like a couple of American carriers offer. Right now, I know of no such plan.
    You're right, footnote #1 to all the prepaid plans says:

1 HSPA Prepaid clients will have access to voice and text services only at this time. HSPA Prepaid clients will not have access to data services, such as MMS, web browsing, email or downloads such as ringtones, games and images at this time.
    02-04-10 01:20 PM
    Thanks for the response Krypto & DaveInVan.

I suspected this would be the case.

Krypto, would mentioned WAP browsing. Is that possible for prepaid blackberries? How would I set that up?
    02-04-10 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the response Krypto & DaveInVan.

I suspected this would be the case.

Krypto, would mentioned WAP browsing. Is that possible for prepaid blackberries? How would I set that up?
    You should give a quick call to Telus. My sister uses Telus prepaid and has WAP browsing, but it's just on a regular Motorola, not a BB. She pays only $7 per month, and it's really crappy browsing with restrictions on the sites you can visit. But that may just be because of her phone. My BB has a setting in the options to switch between Balckberry browser and WAP browser. If you could pay $7 month for unlimited browsing on a BB, on the new HSPA network to boot, you'd be laughing. But I suspect Telus will have a million and one reasons why you can't do it.
    02-04-10 01:56 PM
    So would you have to be on the HSPA network in order for the browsing and such to work as well as the bbm? As the specks on utms are 850/1900 mhz or are you able to use the bb9000 on cdma which I think is highly unlikely.
    02-20-10 01:55 PM
    The Bold 9000 will only work on the HSPA network. It is not a CDMA capable device.
    02-20-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD