i unlocked my verizon blackbery tour to use for at&t
    but the browser will not work on it a message pops up that says "invalid address" when you open the browser
    what can i do?
    09-13-09 04:59 PM
    Search the forums for threads on this , im sure other had the same issue. Eventually after reading them, you will have to get the ATT service books to load onto the phone i would think.
    09-13-09 05:01 PM
    I have unlocked verizon Blackberry Tour for AT & T service. Requesting and loading the service books do not make the browser work. I am having the same problem. I have done just about everything. However, I can receive and send text messages as well as e-mails. Folks, we need help. Can anyone solve this problem?
    09-22-09 01:54 AM
    I have unlocked verizon Blackberry Tour for AT & T service. Requesting and loading the service books do not make the browser work. I am having the same problem. I have done just about everything. However, I can receive and send text messages as well as e-mails. Folks, we need help. Can anyone solve this problem?
    I'm sorry to tell you guys, but you'll never be able to use the browser or even get 3G. The phone is a CDMA device, so it was never made to fully work on a GSM 3G network
    09-22-09 02:15 AM
    I'm sorry to tell you guys, but you'll never be able to use the browser or even get 3G. The phone is a CDMA device, so it was never made to fully work on a GSM 3G network
    oh bullcrap dude, the phone is a dual network device that is made to work perfectly on GSM and CDMA. You won't get 3g speeds in the states, because its setup to run the 3g networks overseas, but you can get edge speeds and there is a guide around here explaining how to get the browser working just look for it.
    09-22-09 02:59 AM
    oh bullcrap dude, the phone is a dual network device that is made to work perfectly on GSM and CDMA. You won't get 3g speeds in the states, because its setup to run the 3g networks overseas, but you can get edge speeds and there is a guide around here explaining how to get the browser working just look for it.
    You might be probably right, I was just never able to make it work as a GSM device on mine.
    09-22-09 03:02 AM
    Where's this guide, because I'm having a hard time finding it?

Also, I assume you would need to have a data plan associated with whatever SIM card you're trying to use, right?
    09-22-09 06:56 AM
    Yes you need a data plan with the associated SIM card
    09-22-09 07:02 AM
    No, you dont need data plan, thats a load. There is a way to do it without. I have this working fine browser and all on TMo. Here is the guide I used.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...m-95xx-106023/
    09-22-09 10:14 AM
    Interesting that you got it working without a data plan, since even the guide you used says "You Need a T-Mobile SIM Card With An Active BlackBerry Data Plan"...

Anyway, thanks for the link.
    09-22-09 11:38 AM
    Yes, well if you look at that guide it is for the Storm, not the Tour. Where on the Storm you have to have a data plan for the device to work, as for the Tour you do not.

It works. Let me know how it goes for you. I have mine working great with the generic service books, and the new "leaked 5.0 OS"
    09-22-09 02:28 PM
    If you are still having problems trying to browse the internet with your BB Tour from Verizon with At & T, go to berryology.com, and follow the directions. It worked for me, and my browser is now working.
    09-22-09 11:57 PM
    No, you dont need data plan, thats a load. There is a way to do it without. I have this working fine browser and all on TMo. Here is the guide I used.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...m-95xx-106023/
    Interesting that you got it working without a data plan, since even the guide you used says "You Need a T-Mobile SIM Card With An Active BlackBerry Data Plan"...

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Without a data plan you can browse, call, text, mms. For BBM, GPS and Push email you will need a BlackBerry data plan.
    10-03-09 09:42 PM
    Most of the time you will need a BB Data Plan. the address is usually http://home
    10-30-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD