I am thinking of unlocking my bold 9700, since I will go back to my country soon and I have to unlock it in order to use it in my country. Does anyone know if I could restore the blackerry after unlocking it like Iphone does?
    01-12-10 07:31 PM
    You are not required to wipe your phone when you go through the unlocking process.
    01-12-10 07:39 PM
    I am thinking of unlocking my bold 9700, since I will go back to my country soon and I have to unlock it in order to use it in my country. Does anyone know if I could restore the blackerry after unlocking it like Iphone does?
    Unlocking on a Blackberry is permanent. Even if you upgrade the OS or restore the OS, reset the phone, your Blackberry will never relock.

We can help you unlock it.
    01-13-10 10:25 AM
    I had my 9700 unlocked, as sabooher mentioned nothings gets reset or erased. It will have all the same function and at the same time allow you to use a different provider's SIM.
    01-13-10 10:33 AM
    I used cellunlock.net a few times. great service. As said on several posts, unlock is permanent and does not delete anything on your blackberry.

Bold007
    01-13-10 10:55 AM
    Unlocking a BlackBerry doesn't involve software like the iPhone. The process is not reversible.
    01-13-10 07:38 PM
    Unlocking on a Blackberry is permanent. Even if you upgrade the OS or restore the OS, reset the phone, your Blackberry will never relock.

We can help you unlock it.
    If you need your phone unlocked I recommend Cellunlock.net . They unlocked my BB Bold 9700 yesterday in a flash.

Even though unlocking is permanent, it actually ups the value of your phone since it can be used on any network that supports the phone type. BB Bolds are pretty versatile on that front.
    01-13-10 08:12 PM
    how much to unlock blackberry 9700 ?
    01-14-10 09:43 PM
    how much to unlock blackberry 9700 ?
    Which provider is it from? You can check the prices on our website and use coupon "crackb50" to get Crackberry's Member 50% Discount.

If you have an account with the carrier your phone is from, you can call them and try to get the code for free. (mostly US carriers)
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 01-14-10 at 10:16 PM.
    01-14-10 09:44 PM
    How long have you had your phone (assuming your Bold with Att)? Before you tell them you are leaving, just call and let them know you will be traveling internationally and would like to be able to put a local SIM in your phone. They may be kind enough to unlock it for free.

Sorry to throw that out there cellunlock as I am sure you provide a great service, but I have never paid for a phone to be unlocked (though my most recent was a freebie from a friend!).
    01-14-10 10:09 PM
    How long have you had your phone (assuming your Bold with Att)? Before you tell them you are leaving, just call and let them know you will be traveling internationally and would like to be able to put a local SIM in your phone. They may be kind enough to unlock it for free.

Sorry to throw that out there cellunlock as I am sure you provide a great service, but I have never paid for a phone to be unlocked (though my most recent was a freebie from a friend!).
    No worries..everyone should try to get the code from the carrier free first before turning to 3rd party unlockers
    01-14-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD