Unlocked the 9630 and it is operating on t-mobile and have set up mail and am receiving it but I cannot get the browser to connect. "unable to connect to the selected Mobile Data Service, please try again later". I have tried to back up the BB with the tmo service book back up, and have rebooted. Still same problem. Any suggestions??
    Thanks!
    12-21-09 04:20 PM
    Never mind I got it. Thanks!
    12-21-09 04:24 PM
    how? I have the same problem as yours...
    12-22-09 12:36 AM
    Went to options, advanced, browser and set defaut browser configuratio to t-zones, default mds browser configuration to internet browser, annd defaut wap browser configuration to t-zones and now it connects
    12-22-09 08:58 AM
    Dear Dbelzer,

Thank you for your fast response, I tried to do that but in my blackberry tour when I go to option > advanced > browser >

there is only :

Default browser configuration:

There is nothing else. Is it hidden or something?

Thank you
    12-22-09 11:37 AM
    Does it give you a choice. Did you download and install service book for the carrier?
    12-22-09 12:08 PM
    Yes, in my bold 9700, there are choices, but in my blackberry tour there is no choice. That is why I am so confused, yes, i ve download, install the service book, update the software, I can use opera but I cannot use the browser. But I think it is alright as long as it works but it is kind of annoying when you want to download something because I cannot set opera as my default browser.
    12-23-09 05:01 AM
    I have a BB 9630 tour (verizon). It is unlocked and I am unable to get on the internet. In the browser the screen is white and unable to pull down any option to edit it. Help please I have tried every thing? I notice the comment about downloading service books. Tmobile do not have service books info for the tour, so do i need to down service books from verizon?????????????
    01-04-10 12:33 PM
    Follow these instruction at this location and you will get it to work. Paste the url into your browser and it will take you to the instructions I followed. You will need to download the crack utility it gives the shortcut to that.

Good Luck!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-106023/
    01-04-10 12:54 PM
    Tmobile do not have any service books yet for the 9630 tour phone. Where should I go to obtain service books for this phone?
    01-04-10 12:58 PM
    you will need to change your phone type to curve 8900 in the t-mobile web site where they ask what type phone. make sure to supply your imei an pin numbers also.
    01-04-10 01:01 PM
    How did you do it? I have the same issue.
    01-04-10 01:46 PM
    Will try that! Now I am feeling hopeful
    01-04-10 01:49 PM
    after using the method from the link dbelzer gave you, make sure your 9630 tour is in 3G & 2G mode found in (options, mobile network)...in order to do so change (network technology) to (GSM/UMTS) if it already isnt set up this way....and make sure u make the changes dbelzer told u to make in your browser, found in your advanced options...
    Last edited by melzboogey; 01-16-10 at 09:19 AM.
    01-16-10 08:53 AM
    hello. im new to this and i have a question . i have the 9630(verizon) im using tmobile but the phone is unlocked. i cnt get the internet/mms/aim to work. is there anything i can do to get it to work ?
    02-15-10 01:58 PM
    hello. im new to this and i have a question . i have the 9630(verizon) im using tmobile but the phone is unlocked. i cnt get the internet/mms/aim to work. is there anything i can do to get it to work ?
    Register your device on T-Mobile's BlackBerry Internet Service. Then you will receive the service books that you need. www.t-mobile.com/bis/

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 02:15 PM
    Send me a email if ur browser on ur unlock 9630 tour doesn't work i have an unlock tour from Verizon & EVERY feature working [email protected]
    02-19-10 10:18 PM
    This is a good guide on how to get it to work http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/fa...mobile-374181/
    02-20-10 01:12 AM
    I have a unlocked tour and BB data plan but no suggestions worked as T-Mobile was'nt able to help beyond email services and I use a mac os system as most post were for PC users. Heres what worked for me though, download T-mobiles generic servicebooks. Save to your desktop for easy reference, on your 9630 open your Options/Advanced Options/Servicebooks. Now hold the Alt key and type SBEB, image Legacy SB Restore Enable should appear. Connect to your DM and go into Restore, highlight T-mo servicebooks and restore. Wait for reboot, the first thing you should notice are the new icons and servicebooks, do your battery pull and enjoy your 9630 as it should be. Special thanks to [email protected] for doing the leg work, don't shoot the messenger.
    Last edited by itoaj38; 02-23-10 at 11:24 PM.
    02-23-10 11:16 PM
    I have a unlocked tour and no suggestions worked as T-Mobile was'nt able to help and I use a mac os system and yes it matters. Heres what worked for me though, download T-mobiles generic servicebooks. Save to your desktop for easy reference, on your 9630 open your Options/Advanced Options/Servicebooks. Now hold the Alt key and type SBEB, image Legacy SB Restore Enable should appear. Connect to your DM and go into Restore, highlight T-mo servicebooks and restore. Wait for reboot, the first thing you should notice are the new icons, do your battery pull and enjoy your 9630 as it should be. Special thanks to [email protected] for doing the leg work, don't shoot the messenger.
    Great tip, thanks for sharing.
    02-23-10 11:23 PM
    I have a unlocked tour and BB data plan but no suggestions worked as T-Mobile was'nt able to help beyond email services and I use a mac os system as most post were for PC users. Heres what worked for me though, download T-mobiles generic servicebooks. Save to your desktop for easy reference, on your 9630 open your Options/Advanced Options/Servicebooks. Now hold the Alt key and type SBEB, image Legacy SB Restore Enable should appear. Connect to your DM and go into Restore, highlight T-mo servicebooks and restore. Wait for reboot, the first thing you should notice are the new icons and servicebooks, do your battery pull and enjoy your 9630 as it should be. Special thanks to [email protected] for doing the leg work, don't shoot the messenger.
    Thank you for sharing!
    02-23-10 11:45 PM
    i got lost at connect to your DM...what do you mean connect to your DM? and da rest after that
    04-01-10 11:23 PM
    Send me a email if ur browser on ur unlock 9630 tour doesn't work i have an unlock tour from Verizon & EVERY feature working [email protected]
    can u help me out my 9630 tour browser isnt showing up
    04-02-10 12:31 AM
    It says to send him a email not a reply.
    04-02-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD