Hey Crackberry Nation,

Verizon has released the Blackberry Bold 9650 and we've just completed a successful unlock! That was quick.

All we need is the 15 Digit IMEI. The process is the same as all other Blackberry phones. Once you get the unlock code, you can go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM Card and then type the letters mepd and then mep (alt) 2 and you will be prompted for the unlock code. At this point you want to enter the unlock code we give you.

Unlike the Sprint 9650, the 9650 is sold by Verizon locked.

Any one of us unlockers here can help you unlock your Verizon Blackberry Bold 9650.

Also remember, if you have an account with Verizon, you might want to try and call them to get the unlock code for free from them before.

Let us know if you have any question.
    06-03-10 10:26 AM
    As he stated, any of us unlockers on here can help!
    06-03-10 12:02 PM
    Didn't take long LOL
    06-03-10 07:26 PM
    Didn't take long LOL
    You know it...we don't waste time
    06-04-10 09:48 AM
    You know it...we don't waste time
    Not that. We never doubt your unlocking ability. I was referring to homeboy jumping in on your thread. LOL
    06-06-10 10:17 AM
    Does this allow me to remove the SIM card and replace it with a prepaid SIM card purchased in Europe or does it mean that I have to find a company that will use the unlocked SIM card in the phone?
    06-13-10 12:42 PM
    Does this allow me to remove the SIM card and replace it with a prepaid SIM card purchased in Europe or does it mean that I have to find a company that will use the unlocked SIM card in the phone?
    Yes that's correct, once unlocked you will be able to use your Bold 9650 with a local prepaid SIM card in Europe and most other SIM cards worldwide.
    06-13-10 12:44 PM
    Just got my code from CellUnlock.net. Great and prompt service. Not one complaint.
    06-16-10 07:23 PM
    Just got my code from CellUnlock.net. Great and prompt service. Not one complaint.
    Glad to hear! Enjoy your unlocked Blackberry and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
    06-17-10 11:15 AM
    Just like cellunlock just said, yes thats absolutely correct

Out of curiosity, where are you headed? Just came back from a 2.5 week trip through the UK and Spain

You don't truly appreciate an unlocked phone until you're in a far away country paying $2-4 dollars/minute on your normal phone line...
    06-17-10 08:23 PM
    I realized that what I usually do with my old unlocked phone was to replace the SIM card with a prepaid one for the country to which I am traveling. I looked at the SIM card in the back of my Verizon Bold 9650 and it doesn't look like it can be removed. Has anyone tried physically removing it either locked or unlocked?
    06-18-10 12:32 PM
    I realized that what I usually do with my old unlocked phone was to replace the SIM card with a prepaid one for the country to which I am traveling. I looked at the SIM card in the back of my Verizon Bold 9650 and it doesn't look like it can be removed. Has anyone tried physically removing it either locked or unlocked?
    Yes you can remove it, it will slide out
    06-18-10 01:38 PM
    I was given an unlocked sprint bold 9650... but i cant seem to use the internet when my at&t sim is in use, but the at&t internet works for only the instant messengers. I also tried changing the settings to in the browser options from "hot-spot browser" to "internet-browser" or "blackberry browser", but it cant be changed. what can i do about this? (WiFi works fine)
    08-28-10 08:46 PM
    I was given an unlocked sprint bold 9650... but i cant seem to use the internet when my at&t sim is in use, but the at&t internet works for only the instant messengers. I also tried changing the settings to in the browser options from "hot-spot browser" to "internet-browser" or "blackberry browser", but it cant be changed. what can i do about this? (WiFi works fine)

You have a BIS or a BES Plan?
    08-28-10 08:48 PM
    question: once i unlock my phone and start using it in london, uk in two weeks, does that mean i've terminated my verizon contract? i'm just confused on that part.

i tried to call verizon and ask for an unlock code and the lady told me it was illegal and that she couldn't do that for me.
    08-29-10 10:04 AM
    No your contract is not terminated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 10:07 AM
    ok, so they won't have a way of knowing that i'm using my phone, just on a different service in the uk? i'll just keep paying my regular bill for my contract?

i'm on a family plan with four other people, for what its worth.
    08-29-10 10:10 AM
    question: once i unlock my phone and start using it in london, uk in two weeks, does that mean i've terminated my verizon contract? i'm just confused on that part.

i tried to call verizon and ask for an unlock code and the lady told me it was illegal and that she couldn't do that for me.
    You will not be terminating your Verizon account, as a matter of fact your line will still be on the Blackberry. Once you get to London and get a prepaid SIM card, you will have to switch your phone from CDMA to GSM, which means the phone will now connect using the SIM you inserted. Where you are back in the US, you simply need to switch it back to CDMA and you will using Verizon again.

The CSR's at Verizon have no idea of what they are talking about. It's 100% legal to unlock your phone since 2006 as per a court order
    08-29-10 10:14 AM
    ha, that's what i told her. she was quite a witch on the phone. alright, ordering my unlock code from you guys now. thanks!
    08-29-10 10:18 AM
    ha, that's what i told her. she was quite a witch on the phone. alright, ordering my unlock code from you guys now. thanks!
    Great! You will see how easy and simple it is to unlock a Blackberry
    08-29-10 10:25 AM
    Exactly. They will not know.
    08-29-10 10:26 AM
    one last question: which set of directions do i use? i don't see one specifically for verizon 9650?

i'm not very technologically savvy, in case you couldn't tell; and don't want to mess it up!
    08-29-10 10:28 AM
    The one for a 9630
    08-29-10 10:29 AM
    one last question: which set of directions do i use? i don't see one specifically for verizon 9650?

i'm not very technologically savvy, in case you couldn't tell; and don't want to mess it up!
    First ones..same as 9630.
    08-29-10 10:29 AM
    thanks for the help! i got the "code successful" so i guess i'm unlocked now? is there any other way to know for sure?

i guess i can always just wait til i get to london and see what kind of fees i build up, heh
    08-29-10 10:38 AM
218 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD