Okay, so I have a Telus Blackberry 8830 World Addition... Obviously it's not mine. It was left at my work and I waited for a month and a bit and no one claimed it and therefore, I took it home. The problem is, its locked and I don't know what to do with it. I have eight password tries.
    Any suggestions?
    P.S. I live in Canada
    09-27-10 02:55 AM
    First off, if the phone is reported lost or stolen, or even associated to someone else you will NEVER get internet on it because the PIN will be blacklisted. This deems the phone as pretty much just a phone.

From there, if you get to 10 tries all it does is security wipe the phone, this just bring it back to a fresh out of box state with all the previous owners info.

What I WOULD do, is call Telus and tell them you found this phone and have it returned to the original owner. Its useless to you as a functioning blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 06:41 AM
    I actually have a Telus SIM card that I just want to try with it. I have the same phone but mine is all screwy. It sat at my work collecting dust for over a month, and when my buddy use to work for Telus he said they got rid of the phones after a month. So its been so long I doubt the person is looking for it now and I'd rather use it then it be in Telus's lost and found for forever and a day.
    09-27-10 09:46 AM
    So I wiped the phone by entering the wrong password to the max. It works now. Thank you though
    09-27-10 10:19 AM
    I just feel that it should be returned to the proper owner, someone paid good money for that phone.

09-27-10 10:24 AM
    Thats why I didnt touch it for over a month because its a killer phone. But it was on the table, I stuck it in the safe rather than letting Telus turning it into scrap. No one came for it. They didnt call my work, and funny enough they didnt even call their own phone to see if someone would pick up. So I guess it wasnt that important. So rather than scrap it'll do me good.
    09-27-10 10:56 AM
    But its karma to know you didn't try and get it back to the owner

09-27-10 10:58 AM
    I'm really not going to argue, Im sorry you feel this way. But I'd rather keep it then have someone else chuck it out. I wold expect the same done to me if I didnt even call my own phone and every place I went that day. And I dont believe in Karma. Ive done several nice things and nothings happened excpt this phone. Which I waited for the person! So, now its mine.
    09-27-10 11:12 AM
    Hi MissX
    I just received the same phone you have the 8830 WE, how did you unlock it so your sim from you other phone would work? and did you have to go to the telus ppl to switch it for you?
    10-31-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD