Hi everyone.
    I have a Storm 2 on a Telus mobility betwork and my contract is not about to end soon but i'm moving back to France very soon so I wanted to put my contract on hold and unlock my phone and then get a new carrier in France so here are my questions :

1. Is it doable ?
    2. Is there a good website to unlock my phone ?
    3. When my phone is unlocked and the new firmware is out which one should i use, the one from telus or is there a generic one or anyone else ?

Thanks for any good reply.

I Love my phone and i don't want to let it go.
    08-08-10 09:40 AM
    Yes you can unlock it. Try us or any other unlocker on here. You can use whichever OS that is for your device.
    08-08-10 09:52 AM
    So what is really the difference between each of the carrier os. Why they just don't put only one generic os in the blackberry website.

Thanks for the unlock page. I did it and I'm waiting for the code. Does the email that i will reveive explain how and where i enter the code ?
    08-08-10 10:24 AM
    So what is really the difference between each of the carrier os. Why they just don't put only one generic os in the blackberry website.

Thanks for the unlock page. I did it and I'm waiting for the code. Does the email that i will reveive explain how and where i enter the code ?
    Code sent. Os's are different because there are different versions which some carriers feel work better on their network.
    08-08-10 10:26 AM
    I got the code and instrution, thank you very much i will try it right away. there is some things that the instruction doesn't say.

1. Can i remove the sim card once it's done ?
    2. How will i know the phone is unlocked, is there a msg that will appear ?

Thanks again
    08-08-10 10:44 AM
    Yes you can remove it. It will say 'code accepted'
    08-08-10 10:45 AM
    Sorry to bother you like this but it's my first time unlocking a phone so i did the unlock process and the code was accepted. I removed the sim card and rebooted the phone and now is there a way to check if the phone is unlocked or i just have to wait til i get to France.

Another question though, i know that i can put my phone on hold with telus but do i actually have to do this for my phone to work on another carrier or can i just put another sim card in it and switch the carrier on the option screen ? like i could put a rogers sim card and use my phone on both carrier ?
    08-08-10 11:01 AM
    Its as simple as putting another carriers sim card inside. You can't have both services on it at the same time. You either use the cdma service or the gsm service.
    08-08-10 11:03 AM
    Nice, thanks for all the info. i think i have all that i need.
    08-08-10 11:51 AM
    Nice, thanks for all the info. i think i have all that i need.
    Hey don't mention it
    08-08-10 10:04 PM
    Sorry to bother you like this but it's my first time unlocking a phone so i did the unlock process and the code was accepted. I removed the sim card and rebooted the phone and now is there a way to check if the phone is unlocked or i just have to wait til i get to France.

Another question though, i know that i can put my phone on hold with telus but do i actually have to do this for my phone to work on another carrier or can i just put another sim card in it and switch the carrier on the option screen ? like i could put a rogers sim card and use my phone on both carrier ?
    If you go back to Options/Advances Options/SIM card and type mepd, Network will say Inactive/Disabled.

You can put the Telus line on hold, but either it would affect the phone working with a SIM card.
    08-09-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD