hi whats up crack berry . i have a storm 1 (9530) that i am giveing to my friends lil sister and she wants to use it for sprint so i wanted to know if i unlocked the phone would it be able to be used with sprint as the carrier . 0o the phone was used with verizon as the carrier .thank u guys pleas help me out
    01-14-10 09:25 AM
    No. Sprint and vz are both cdma carriers. They will not activate phones that were sold by another carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 10:44 AM
    so then whats the point of unlocking a phone ? and thank u for the info
    01-14-10 12:06 PM
    The point of unlocking is to use it on GSM carriers like ATT and TMO, however CDMA carriers will not activate phones that weren't sold by them.
    01-14-10 01:35 PM
    We can get you the unlock code if you need, if Verizon doesn't give it to you. Once unlocked, you can use your phone on any GSM provider in the world, as it is a QUAD Band Device.
    01-14-10 07:38 PM
    so then whats the point of unlocking a phone ? and thank u for the info
    It enables you to use it with any GSM Provider, if you're traveling or if you want to get a phone your carrier doesn't have.
    01-14-10 10:43 PM
    hi whats up crack berry . i have a storm 1 (9530) that i am giveing to my friends lil sister and she wants to use it for sprint so i wanted to know if i unlocked the phone would it be able to be used with sprint as the carrier . 0o the phone was used with verizon as the carrier .thank u guys pleas help me out
    Unlocking will not make it work with Sprint sorry
    01-14-10 10:55 PM
    [QUOTE=thatnewguy89;4493120]hi whats up crack berry . i have a storm 1 (9530) that i am giveing to my friends lil sister and she wants to use it for sprint so i wanted to know if i unlocked the phone would it be able to be used with sprint as the carrier . 0o the phone was used with verizon as the carrier .thank u guys pleas help me out[/

Some cellphone shops can flash your storm to work on Sprint or Cricket.
    01-14-10 11:37 PM
    I don't think it's possible.
    01-16-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD