I have a Blackberry tour and friend gave me. It's with Verison and my service is with T-Mobile. How do I go by getting the unlock code for this model. Verison claims it will not unlock but I have read that's not the trurth. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
    11-24-09 07:22 PM
    If your friend still has an active, good standing account with VZW he can call global services and request the unlock code. If not, take your pick of the many unlocking companies located in that specific forum. Good luck.
    11-24-09 07:31 PM
    Verison claims it will not unlock but I have read that's not the trurth.

Thanks
    They will for their own customers that have had a good account standing for a period of time. Your only choice is to pay one of the unlocking companies...
    11-24-09 07:37 PM
    I have a Blackberry tour and friend gave me. It's with Verison and my service is with T-Mobile. How do I go by getting the unlock code for this model. Verison claims it will not unlock but I have read that's not the trurth. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
    We can unlock it for you and the code is emailed almost instantly
    11-24-09 08:07 PM
    You could get the code from us as well. but the device must still be active on the user's Verizon account.
    11-24-09 10:47 PM
    Hi I live in thunder Bay ontario and we have Telus here the uses CDMA network and then our own local tbaytel CDMA network.

My question is can i buy a storm 2 for telus and unlock it to work with tbaytel network? I have talked to telus and tbaytel and i get mix answers..

thanks
    11-24-09 10:58 PM
    Hi I live in thunder Bay ontario and we have Telus here the uses CDMA network and then our own local tbaytel CDMA network.

My question is can i buy a storm 2 for telus and unlock it to work with tbaytel network? I have talked to telus and tbaytel and i get mix answers..

thanks
    They will not allow you to activate the ESN on their Network
    Last edited by cellunlocknet; 11-24-09 at 11:09 PM.
    11-24-09 11:00 PM
    No you won't be able because the Storm 2 is only GSM
    Not true according to the specs below they are CDMA like most all Storm2's:
    Specifications

Technology CDMA Weight 160 grams Size 112.5 x 62 x 13.9 mm Talk time* up to 5.5 hours Standby time* up to 11.2 days Internal memory 2 GB External memory up to 16GB Camera 3.2MP
    But ALL CDMA carriers don't activate another CDMA carriers device on their network.

thanks
    You can unlock it, but it will not do you any good to use on Tbaytel.
    11-24-09 11:05 PM
    The storm 2 works on CDMA here?
    11-24-09 11:06 PM
    CarrierUnlock

Why will it not work on tbaytel??
    11-24-09 11:08 PM
    The storm 2 works on CDMA here?
    It does, the other carrier just won't activate it on their network.
    Sorry must of read the thread too fast, I thought were talking about the Bold 2 9700
    CarrierUnlock

Why will it not work on tbaytel??
    CAUSE all CDMA carriers do not activate CDMA technology that they don't sell on their network.
    sorry for all the question but do you know that for sure?
    11-24-09 11:09 PM
    sorry for all the question but do you know that for sure?
    Yes 100%, CDMA companies only want you to buy their phones
    11-24-09 11:10 PM
    the thing is tbaytel has the storm 1 they just got it because they are a small company they said maybe a year from now they will get storm 2.. So you are saying that i should call them to see if they will activate it?
    11-24-09 11:12 PM
    Can always unlock it and let ya have fun with it. LOL
    11-24-09 11:12 PM
    the thing is tbaytel has the storm 1 they just got it because they are a small company they said maybe a year from now they will get storm 2.. So you are saying that i should call them to see if they will activate it?
    WE are saying they WILL NOT activate it.
    11-24-09 11:13 PM
    You can call them and ask them if you buy Storm2 from Telus if they will allow you to register the ESN on their network which I doubt
    11-24-09 11:14 PM
    ok thanks guys for all the info i will be calling tomorrow to find out thanks again guys you rock. Now when i get phone it will be hard for me two choose who i will get to unlock lol..
    11-24-09 11:16 PM
    It's all good
    11-24-09 11:17 PM
    Also lets say they do activate it does all data work? not sure if you know..
    11-24-09 11:19 PM
    Should don't see why not.
    11-24-09 11:21 PM
    Also lets say they do activate it does all data work? not sure if you know..
    Yes if they and you have a Blackberry Data Plan then all features will work
    11-24-09 11:28 PM

I have a blackberry pearl I'd like to unlock...be great if u could help! PM me please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 01:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD