is it possible to unlock the cdma blackberry pearl 8130 i have it with verizon wireless but now i want to just have it unlocked so i can use it somewhere else now that i don live in the USA someone please help me
    07-26-08 04:33 PM
    Don't think you can do it because MOST other places outside of the USA use GSM... Your blackberry is CDMA so I would say it's just not gonna work.
    07-26-08 04:39 PM
    It can't be done
    07-26-08 04:43 PM
    Yeah, sorry. CDMA phones don't use SIM cards, so they can't be unlocked. The only exception is the 8830 world edition, which is CDMA but can also use GSM. On those you could unlock the GSM part only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 12:38 AM
    i have a bell cdma and want to switch to sasktel cdma but they tell me that i have to buy a new phone with sasktel (even the exact modle) because they are programed differently. i think this is horse ****. any advice from anyone out there. [email protected]
    07-28-08 11:18 PM
    i have a bell cdma and want to switch to sasktel cdma but they tell me that i have to buy a new phone with sasktel (even the exact modle) because they are programed differently. i think this is horse ****. any advice from anyone out there. [email protected]
    Not to be rude, but yeah, buy their phone. That's how CDMA handsets are. As stated by the rep you spoke with, and others here, you cannot use one CDMA carrier's handset on a different carrier than it is branded to because they are programmed differently.
    07-28-08 11:25 PM
    Every CDMA carrier has ESN for there phones that they put into there database, as for BB they put the pins in there databases and if it doesnt show up as one of there own, they are not obligated to have it activated on there service............So as everyone else said it wont happen......it is complete horse$h!t but its the way the cookie crumbles
    07-28-08 11:26 PM
    Sorry, but you will have to buy a new device. Cdma phones don't transfer to other carriers like gsm phones will.

07-28-08 11:27 PM
    It is possible to unlock the phone by getting the subsidy code.

But CDMA carriers will only activate phones that are from their inventory, so even if you have the subsidy code, it won't help much.

Just sell your Bell phone on ebay. I've done that a few times with my old phones - I just specify on the listing that it's locked to a particular carrier.
    07-29-08 12:02 AM
    CDMA phones are not unlocked!!! They are flashed. In order to flash a CDMA phone from 1 carrier to another you must change the PRL. THis is very easy to do. And yes alot of the CDMA carriers will only activate their own handsets. But others will activate foriegn ESN's. With the 8130 you need the carrier PRL you want to flash to. And the PROg. QXDM, and UNICDMA. However with the 8130, and the 8330 from Sprint the phone reverts to the sprint PRL after the phone is restarted. The Verizon does not.
    08-19-08 05:12 PM
    I want to flash my Sprint 8130 with the Verizon firmware. Does anybody know how to do that?
    08-19-08 05:13 PM
    I want to flash my Sprint 8130 with the Verizon firmware. Does anybody know how to do that?
    I'm not sure myself but this could be a last resort.
    07-07-09 09:22 PM
    Just keep in mind that flashing will void the warranty........
    07-09-09 12:03 PM
    CDMA phones are not unlocked!!! They are flashed. In order to flash a CDMA phone from 1 carrier to another you must change the PRL. THis is very easy to do. And yes alot of the CDMA carriers will only activate their own handsets. But others will activate foriegn ESN's. With the 8130 you need the carrier PRL you want to flash to. And the PROg. QXDM, and UNICDMA. However with the 8130, and the 8330 from Sprint the phone reverts to the sprint PRL after the phone is restarted. The Verizon does not.
    are you sure not unlocked? i'm using verizon blackberry outside usa and yes, i can use it but i have to "upgrade" the PRL that is what my seller said.

now i'm going to buy bb tour 9530 but can i just update the PRL and i can use it immediately?

anyone?

thanks!
    11-26-09 07:04 AM
    You could flash it to another carrier, but no you cannot unlock it.
    11-26-09 10:51 AM
    You could flash it to another carrier, but no you cannot unlock it.
    ? sorry i don't get it. You mean i can flash it = i can use it to another carrier = unlocked already?

or am i missing the definition of "unlocked"?

doesn't mean the purpose of unlocked is so we can use it to another carrier?

need advice, please help. thanks.
    Last edited by 313; 11-26-09 at 11:04 AM.
    11-26-09 11:01 AM
    Flashing is a form of unlocking for cdma devices, but that requires that another cdma carrier will be willing to activate.

11-26-09 11:04 AM
    Flashing is a form of unlocking for cdma devices, but that requires that another cdma carrier will be willing to activate.

aaah... i get it now. thanks a lot! btw i need unlocked code for 8230 GSM side from alltel.
    11-26-09 11:07 AM
    Well email us we can talk more. [email protected]

11-26-09 11:11 AM
    Well email us we can talk more. [email protected]

roger that
    11-26-09 11:13 AM
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    11-26-09 12:34 PM
    my name is richard i have a pearl cdma blackberry and i wanted to know if it can get unlock or flash to work here its from bell in canada but im not in cananda no more so i want it to work here in jamaica and yes they have networks here that uses cdma phones so please tell me what to do ok
    09-28-10 03:20 AM
    Just refer to 313...email your want to 313...hehehe
    04-30-11 09:29 PM
    i agree with carrierunlock
    05-03-11 06:52 AM
    carrierunlock can probably take this one over!! very good from what i've seen in the past
    05-05-11 04:41 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD