Hello,

I'm desperate and my english is bad, I'm sorry. I have a blackberry bold 9790 totally unlocked and i use it in France. But to surf the internet, get mail, use Facebook and twitter apps etc. I must use the BIS, to get the BIS I need a BB Option that until tomorrow is totally free but starting from monday will be paid. Now I'm wondering if there is a "jailbreak" to use all the funcionnalities of the BB without having this option and bypass the BIS. There is a tutorial? thank you!
    Last edited by zirosky; 10-05-13 at 02:39 PM.
    10-05-13 02:06 PM
    Hello,

I'm desperate and my enlist is bad, I'm sorry. I have a blackberry bold 9790 totally unlocked and i use it in France. But to surf the internet, get mail, use Facebook and twitter apps etc. I must use the BIS, to get the BIS I need a BB Option that until tomorrow is totally free but starting from monday will be paid. Now I'm wondering if there is a "jailbreak" to use all the funcionnalities of the BB without having this option and bypass the BIS. There is a tutorial? thank you!
    Hi! Welcome to Crackberry!!!

BlackBerry OS devices require a BIS plan in order to work. Even if you use the device on WiFi, BIS is required in your plan for email. You can text without BIS. Some carriers have the fee embedded in the plan and other carriers show it as a required add on.

I'm sorry but I can't think of any way to avoid it.
    10-05-13 02:27 PM
    Hi! Welcome to Crackberry!!!

BlackBerry OS devices require a BIS plan in order to work. Even if you use the device on WiFi, BIS is required in your plan for email. You can text without BIS. Some carriers have the fee embedded in the plan and other carriers show it as a required add on.

I'm sorry but I can't think of any way to avoid it.
    Oh ok... Thank you! I thought there was something like a jailbreak for BB, since the name of this forum is "crackberry" It is incredible I can't do all those things with WiFi and even without a SIM inserted...

And also because of what an user said in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...e-down-710047/
    Ok lets make this short and sweet:

1) Yes you CAN absolutely circumnavigate the BIS - I just completed doing it JUST FINE and my Torch 9800 is working JUST FINE. Don't be another "BB dogma spewing sheep" - half of the people on this site have "illegally" unlocked their phones so working around the system is half of why we are here in the first place. Being some ridiculous BB hardliner is more for people over on "blackberryforums" - head there and keep spewing "All hail mighty BB that cannot be changed" beliefs - they will love you for that. The name of this form is CRACKberry, as in Crack The Code - c'mon....think about it... I know you can do it...
    So this tutorial is useless? http://bb.anworm.com/?page_id=90
    10-05-13 02:43 PM
    You are certainly welcome to try the steps that you have found. I don't know that site, so I can't speak for the tutorial.
    10-05-13 03:43 PM
    Hello,

I'm desperate and my english is bad, I'm sorry. I have a blackberry bold 9790 totally unlocked and i use it in France. But to surf the internet, get mail, use Facebook and twitter apps etc. I must use the BIS, to get the BIS I need a BB Option that until tomorrow is totally free but starting from monday will be paid. Now I'm wondering if there is a "jailbreak" to use all the funcionnalities of the BB without having this option and bypass the BIS. There is a tutorial? thank you!
    Your English is fine. If you hadn't told us I would never have guessed you don't use it every day. However, if you need to go back to French we do have french speakers on the team who will try to assist.

If BIS is essential it must be provided by one of the cellular networks. There are no alternate providers who can link you into the BlackBerry BIS service. Without BIS you can get some restricted functionality over WiFi by setting the browser to run as a Hotspot browser, but you will not get access to the BIS-only services like BBM and push email. Sorry but that's the way it is with older devices (before BB10).

One possible plan might be to find an alternate provider who does not charge for BIS, or where (cellular service+BIS) is no more expensive than you pay now. That would probably mean unlocking your phone so you can use a different provider's SIM.
    10-05-13 03:57 PM
    Ok thank you! And I guess there is no way to update my phone to BB10? (Even if I know it is not supported)
    10-05-13 04:17 PM
    No, an OS update from OS7 to OS10 is not possible.
    10-05-13 04:59 PM