Hi all,

First timer here.

I have an at&t BB 8310 locked. I tried several places that guaranteed unlocking but none have been able to do so.

Any ideas how I can unlock this phone. Not subbed with anyone. Not interested in subbing at this time anyway. I do have prepaid sims.

TIA

ap
    01-21-08 09:04 PM
    1. If you have been with AT&T for 60 days, they give you the unlock code.

2. GSMPhoneSource is a highly regarded company that may be able to get you your code.
    01-21-08 09:12 PM
    Also, I have used HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center �. They are reputable and can unlock AT&T devices.
    01-21-08 09:13 PM
    If you call ATT international customer service they will provide you with the unlock code and instructions to unlock your device. Inform them that you will be travelling over-seas and will need to use your phone. It worked for me
    01-22-08 02:25 AM
    If you call ATT international customer service they will provide you with the unlock code and instructions to unlock your device. Inform them that you will be travelling over-seas and will need to use your phone. It worked for me
    I'm not a customer of theirs. I haven't subbed the phone at all.
    01-23-08 09:07 PM
    Also, I have used lessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center. They are reputable and can unlock AT&T devices.
    this place doesnt do 8300's.
    01-23-08 09:12 PM
    Yes, they do. Give them a call or email them.
    01-23-08 09:16 PM
    this place doesnt do 8300's.
    Actually i bought mt 8310 in Albany NY and when i got to montreal i saw their ad on blackberryforums and they unlocked it by the next morning.
    They do unlock all Blackberry from Rogers, AT&T, Cingular and T-Mobile
    02-11-08 08:17 AM
    They couldn't do mine, sooooooooooo,I got it done for free.
    02-11-08 06:19 PM
    How did u get it done for free?
    02-17-08 08:15 PM
    just asked.
    02-17-08 08:15 PM
    Hi,
    I can help you buy unlock code from At&T with only $20, 24h you will receive code unlock!
    Why, mines unlocked, FREE!
    02-18-08 07:05 AM
    I must order from At&T, it's dont free, sorry!!!
    You need to ask for the subsidy unlock code.

Exactly!!!

Anything else, forget it.

Mines done!!!
    02-18-08 09:02 PM
    What does unlocking do? I got mine thru my upgrade , does it mean its unlocked?
    02-18-08 09:30 PM
    Unlocked allows you to use any GSM carrier for service, or any sim card.

Always best especially if you intend to use the phone in Europe.

They will unlock you just have to ask.
    02-18-08 09:48 PM
    Any Sim card And you can using it worldwide if you want!
    02-18-08 10:00 PM
    So if I understood this correctly, after you are an AT&T Customer for 60 days, you can call them and tell them you need your unlock code, and they will tell you over the phone? Then all you have to do is follow the steps in the "Blackberry Curve Unlock Code Instructions?" thread using the code they provide?

Another thing is I've been a Cingular/AT&T customer for over two years, however just renewed my contract to get my 8310. Will I have to wait 60 days from the date of renewal to get the unlock code?
    Last edited by graytshirt; 02-18-08 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added question
    02-18-08 10:25 PM
    I'm not a big fan of paying money. I'm gettin mine done for free!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-08 11:18 PM
    No,

Tell them your traveling to Europe and would like the unlock code.

They will email it to you in a week.

So if I understood this correctly, after you are an AT&T Customer for 60 days, you can call them and tell them you need your unlock code, and they will tell you over the phone? Then all you have to do is follow the steps in the "Blackberry Curve Unlock Code Instructions?" thread using the code they provide?

Another thing is I've been a Cingular/AT&T customer for over two years, however just renewed my contract to get my 8310. Will I have to wait 60 days from the date of renewal to get the unlock code?
    02-19-08 05:32 AM
    Hello,

I am new to the forum. After reading all the posts, I called ATT and got the unlocking code from them so I am a happy camper.

I got a follow up question though. I will be travelling to china next week. I plan to get a local sim card there for my 8310 so people in china can call me locally. Great!

However, I also want to make sure I receive all the phone calls from folks in US! How do I do that? Can I simplly setup "call forwarding " in my 8310 and put in the chinese number with country and area codes?

Anybody done this? Do I need to set it in US or I can do it when I get to china? Any help or advice on this would be appreciated.

Btw, I have internation voice plan on my account.

Thanks!
    10-11-08 03:49 AM
    Seems if you have int voice already they will be able to call you at their exhorbatent rates if you have that US sim in the phone.

Once you use a local sim, the number changes.

Forwarding may work, but I haven't tried it. If it does, you need to find out if theres just a pass thru charge or same per minute charge.

Some rip off companies charge the same per minute as if you made a regular call.

Years ago the local cell company here charged me a 2 cent pass thru charge and I made a killing using two cell phones and had a fraction of the monthly bill my friends had using a single phone.

Hello,

I am new to the forum. After reading all the posts, I called ATT and got the unlocking code from them so I am a happy camper.

I got a follow up question though. I will be travelling to china next week. I plan to get a local sim card there for my 8310 so people in china can call me locally. Great!

However, I also want to make sure I receive all the phone calls from folks in US! How do I do that? Can I simplly setup "call forwarding " in my 8310 and put in the chinese number with country and area codes?

Anybody done this? Do I need to set it in US or I can do it when I get to china? Any help or advice on this would be appreciated.

Btw, I have internation voice plan on my account.

Thanks!
    10-11-08 07:50 AM
    i have no idea if this is going to work for every 8310 but ill tell you what i did step by step...

1. go to "settings"

2. go to "options"

3. go to "advanced options"

4. go to "sim card"

5. when the sim card security is on (phone is locked) the screen will be blank.. type in "mepd"

6. type in "mep" hold down "alt" and press "2"

7. this is the screen where you need the unlock code. the code for mine might not be the code for your phone but i guess its worth a try it is 16 numbers "4640799680641351" and click ok. it will tell you code identified if its the correct code for your phone.

if its not the code for your phone and its an at&t phone youre unlocking try using someone's phone who has at&t. act like you are the customer (they will ask for the customers full name and last 4 of social) and just tell them you are going to travel over seas and you want to unlock your new phone and they will give you the correct code.. they will text the directions i just gave you and the code to the at&t phone you call from.

lol @ the customer service guy telling me i have to insert an at&t sim card when i unlock the phone, its not true. i had my t-mobile card in the phone when i did it =)

btw thank you to the person who posted to call at&t and tell them im traveling for the free unlock code... i would have never guessed!
    Last edited by RosieAnneliese; 01-09-09 at 01:37 PM.
    01-09-09 01:33 PM
    That was me Rose! I started a thread just for that purpose. See below.

i have no idea if this is going to work for every 8310 but ill tell you what i did step by step...

1. go to "settings"

2. go to "options"

3. go to "advanced options"

4. go to "sim card"

5. when the sim card security is on (phone is locked) the screen will be blank.. type in "mepd"

6. type in "mep" hold down "alt" and press "2"

7. this is the screen where you need the unlock code. the code for mine might not be the code for your phone but i guess its worth a try it is 16 numbers "4640799680641351" and click ok. it will tell you code identified if its the correct code for your phone.

if its not the code for your phone and its an at&t phone youre unlocking try using someone's phone who has at&t. act like you are the customer (they will ask for the customers full name and last 4 of social) and just tell them you are going to travel over seas and you want to unlock your new phone and they will give you the correct code.. they will text the directions i just gave you and the code to the at&t phone you call from.

lol @ the customer service guy telling me i have to insert an at&t sim card when i unlock the phone, its not true. i had my t-mobile card in the phone when i did it =)

btw thank you to the person who posted to call at&t and tell them im traveling for the free unlock code... i would have never guessed!
    01-09-09 07:44 PM
    Sorry, I haven't read the threads above.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE way that I can unlock my blackberry 8310 WITHOUT contacting 02 (the service provider of the phone), I am just worried that its illegal and the consequences, considering I have to enter personal information on the email form.

Thanks
    12-23-09 01:36 PM
    Sorry, I haven't read the threads above.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE way that I can unlock my blackberry 8310 WITHOUT contacting 02 (the service provider of the phone), I am just worried that its illegal and the consequences, considering I have to enter personal information on the email form.

Thanks
    No worries, they ask for that info when unlocking. It is not illegal at all.

There will be no consequence, just the unlock code for you.

cheers
    12-23-09 06:47 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD