I had a question. A friend of mine has AT&T and a BB 8100. She has the unlimited texting plan.

So she is gonna be in Toronto, Canada for the weekend and is wondering if she sends and receives text messages while she is there, will it be free, as in still part of her unlim txt plan? Or will she get charged the international rate of $0.35/txt or w/e it is.

Her AT&T plan is US based and let's say she is sending and receiving texts from a US based T-Mobile plan. So the texts will still be between US based carriers, it's just she will be in Canada. So will this count as roaming and will she be charged the international text rate?

Thanks.
    11-24-08 02:49 PM
    Pretty sure you will pay international rates on the SMS. I had a similar situation with Sprint (unlimited SMS included in plan). Was sending SMS to a US phone overseas. Ended up with international sms charges.
    11-24-08 07:27 PM
    unlimited text is only for the US
    11-24-08 10:45 PM
    You'll probably have to end up paying $0.25 per international SMS.
    11-25-08 11:41 AM
    Unlimited texting frm ATT is only for the us phone nos

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 11:44 AM
    However if your friend adds the intl data plan and you both have blackberrys you should be able to email and send PIN messages for just the price of the intl data plan. It's expensive, but at least its a flat fee and wont give you any surprises.
    11-25-08 10:29 PM
    It's going to be $0.50/ea per sent/received message, while in Canada. The only the int'l package that AT&T has is for int'l long distance only.
    11-26-08 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD