Hey guys,
    I recently got a bb9700 from rogers. I have already unlocked the phone cuz im with Fido.
    When i tried to register it on fido.blackberry. the following pops out.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cannot create account:

This BlackBerry(R) device is not registered with your wireless service provider.
    Please register this device and verify that the URL of the current web site matches
    the one provided by your wireless service provider.

To register:

1. In the Application list on your device, click Options, or click Settings Options.

2. Click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.

3. Click the Menu key and click Register Now.

If the error persists, contact your wireless service provider.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    should i follow the above and try it? or call anyone in particular?
    Last edited by iamnewtobb; 12-01-09 at 10:56 PM.
    12-01-09 10:51 PM
    Call them and tell them that you got a new BB device...They will ask you for the IEME and PIN. Once that is done your set to go. You have a data plan right?
    12-01-09 10:56 PM
    im with fido and i have the 9700 never had to give them my imei or pin or anything....just switched to a 1gb blackberry data plan and told them im using an unlocked blackberry and everything was good to go right away
    12-02-09 03:23 AM
    that message means it registered with another carrier and you have to find out who that carrier is, in your case probably rogers. you have to call rogers and have them remove the IMEI and PIN from there systems so you can register it with another carrier
    12-02-09 11:35 AM
    The phone works for calls out I am assuming but does not work for data.

Your getting that error when trying to register it on the BIS correct?? To transfer your @fido.blackberry.com email account and others to the 9700.

So what needs to happen is you have to ensure that the data is provisioned on the phone. There is no need to call up rogers to get all that information, so call up fido and they should be able to get you all figured out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 11:48 AM
    ok, thanks guy!
    see, this phone is for my brother.. imonly meeting him this wkend..
    am i able to help him register on the fido website first using my sim card which currently has a data plan? is dat possible? or do i have to wait til the wkend, and register it using my brothers sim?

thank you guys
    12-02-09 02:52 PM
    Now i tried again and this shows up (i inserted my sim card into this rogers phone, n my sim card has bb data plan and its currently registered to another bb device)

Cannot create account:

An account already exists for this BlackBerry® device. Please log in or contact your
    wireless service provider at 1 888 481-FIDO (3436).

is that why i get this response.. like i shuld be using another sim card or what?
    what should i do? call fido? I spoke to the person i bought, he has removed it from his account. let me know wads the next step guys!
    thanks.
    Last edited by iamnewtobb; 12-02-09 at 06:59 PM.
    12-02-09 06:48 PM
    Bro call fido tell them your using a new BB....the will ask you for pin/IEME and its done.....but if it's for your brother then you should do it with he's sim.....did you buy the phone new or used??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 08:28 PM
    okay, i bought its few days old n ihave been in contact with the seller. seller told me to try it with my bro's sim. n he believes it will work becasue he has already deregistered it.
    12-02-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD