1. I am trading my Tour (two months old) with Droid (a few days old) with somebody. Will the warranty carry over? Or I am in a hole once the droid bails out on me?

2. How do I go about changing the ESN number on the account online? Can someone please give me fairly detailed steps.

Thank you! Appreciate it!
    11-17-09 06:59 AM
    1. Don't know what kind of hole but the warranty is voided as soon as the phone is moved onto another account.
    2. You can change them online in myverizon, or you can do a *228 option 3, if theres any issues call customer care.
    11-17-09 07:11 AM

Limited Warranty
    The BlackBerry Handheld, the BlackBerry Cradle, and any other RIM hardware accessories, excluding external batteries and SIM cards, which are provided to YOU concurrently and in conjunction with the BlackBerry Handheld specifically for use with YOUR particular model of BlackBerry Handheld (which together comprise the BlackBerry Hardware), will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period that is the shorter of (i) one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user (�YOU�) and (ii) the period ending upon YOUR breach of the BlackBerry End-User/Software License Agreement (the �License Agreement�) entered into between YOU and Research In Motion Limited and/OR its affiliated group of companies� (�RIM�) in connection with the BlackBerry Solution (the �Warranty Period�). This Limited Warranty is not transferable. During the Warranty Period, the BlackBerry Hardware, or one or more of the BlackBerry Hardware components, will be repaired or replaced at RIM�s option, without charge to YOU for either parts or labor. If the BlackBerry Hardware (or component thereof) is repaired or replaced during the Warranty Period, the Warranty Period will expire, upon the later of the 91st day after repair or replacement or one year from the date of original purchase. Based on an agreement between RIM and the RIM Solution Provider (defined below), this Limited Warranty for the Warranty Period shall be honored by either RIM or the RIM Solution Provider. This Limited Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or if any component of the BlackBerry hardware is opened or repaired by someone not authorized by RIM, and does not cover repair or replacement of any BlackBerry Hardware damaged by: misuse, moisture or liquids, proximity or exposure to heat, accident, abuse, neglect, misapplication, or defects due to repairs or modifications made by anyone other than RIM. This Limited Warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of the BlackBerry Hardware, including cracks or scratches on the LCD screen. This Limited Warranty does not apply to any equipment other than the BlackBerry Hardware as defined in this Limited Warranty - for example, it does not apply to any external battery or SIM Card provided with YOUR purchase, rental, lease or other means of acquiring the BlackBerry Hardware, or any damage caused by the leakage or any other malfunction of an external battery, SIM Card, or any other accessory or peripheral equipment. This Limited Warranty also does not apply if the malfunction results from the use of the BlackBerry Hardware in conjunction with accessories, products, services or ancillary or peripheral equipment not expressly approved or provided by RIM specifically for use with YOUR particular model of BlackBerry Handheld, and where it is determined by RIM that such malfunction is not the fault of the BlackBerry Hardware itself. Additionally, if malfunction results from the failure of the user to abide by the Safety Information contained in the package with the BlackBerry Solution comprised of the BlackBerry Hardware, the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and the associated wireless data service and documentation (the �BlackBerry Solution�), the Limited Warranty may be void, and if it is not void, it shall not apply. Data backup is presumed to be the responsibility of the user of the BlackBerry Hardware. Neither RIM nor the reseller or distributor through whom YOU purchased the BlackBerry Solution (the �RIM Solution Provider�) is responsible for data that may be damaged or lost at any time, including, without limitation data lost or damaged during the servicing of the BlackBerry Hardware, or through the use of synchronization software. As the BlackBerry Solution is provided in conjunction with certain wireless data services provided by third party providers, we cannot guarantee or warrant that YOUR wireless data service will always be available or will always function properly. For this and other reasons, the BlackBerry Solution should not be relied upon for the transmission of data relating to emergency or life-threatening or mission critical situations, and RIM disclaims any liability on its behalf, on behalf of the RIM Solution Provider, and on behalf of the third party provider of YOUR airtime service for events or damages resulting from such reliance or the failure of the wireless data service to perform or to be available for YOUR use of the BlackBerry Solution, including, without limitation, the lack of service coverage in the area in which YOU wish to use the BlackBerry Solution. RIM will not be responsible for any warranties or guaranties provided by the RIM Solution Provider or any other party.

Any repair or replacement pursuant to this limited warranty could be requested by You from the RIM Solution Provider.

Sorry - if you're not the original purchaser, there is no warranty.
    11-17-09 07:39 AM
    So what are my options if the droid starts acting up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 08:46 AM
    There are no options, no warranty, no insurance.
    11-17-09 08:47 AM
    Won't I still have warranty with Motorola?
    11-17-09 09:05 AM
    Good luck with that. I have no idea call moto and find out.
    11-17-09 09:24 AM
    DROID?

Quick - more coffee so I can wake up.

Look up Moto's warranty - I would think it is similar to RIM's.

11-17-09 09:25 AM
    No same purchaser warranty applies with ANY phone. You didn't purchase the phone from the retailer or the manufacturer, you traded for it.
    11-17-09 09:26 AM
    No warranties on second-hand merchandise.

11-17-09 10:51 AM
    ummmmmmmmm....
    ummmm......

Lol.......

hahahaha...LOL

ummmmmmmmm.....

ummmmmm....

hahahaha,,,,,lol
    Once again thanks for your contributions.
    11-17-09 12:35 PM
    With regards to the VZW side of the warranty process, this is straight from their site:

A. Warranty or Service Contract is extended to the original subscriber buyer only and may not be assigned or transferred to subsequent subscriber buyers. This is Verizon Wireless� complete Warranty or Service Contract for your Product. Verizon Wireless assumes no obligation or liability for additions or modifications to this Warranty or Service Contract unless made in writing and signed by an officer of Verizon Wireless. If this document is a Warranty, Verizon Wireless does not warrant the installation, maintenance or service of the equipment, accessories, batteries or parts.
    11-17-09 07:10 PM
    So what are my options if the phone messes up?
    11-19-09 10:57 PM
    You pretty much don't have any. I've been lucky a few times and VZW has switched a device out anyway. Same with insurence(at least transfering between phones it has stayed on) but I wouldn't get your hopes up if the phone starts having issues and you need to get it replaced.
    11-20-09 12:14 AM
    I went to the verizon store today and they were willing to give me a replacement device for a charge of $50.
    11-20-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD