Well, my lil cousin got a LG MOBO which within 5 days I talked him over to a pearl on the Telus network. I am here now trying to set up his BIS and his mytelusmobility.com

On the BIS, it says the phone is registered with a different service provider, which it is not. I rechecked everything a billion times and it still says the same thing.

On the mytelusmobility.com site it says the info it not right. It is, I was following it from the contract sheet.

Contacted telus, they said that they were upgrading the blackberry's and blamed it on that. I know OS 4.5 is not due till Oct so did I miss something or jut have an unknowledgeable rep ?

I am trying to make the dumbphone to smartphone transition good for him. Any ideas ?
    09-12-08 06:50 PM
    The carrier should be able to 'clear' the IMEI and Pin number from the BIS section, thus giving you the option to re-add it.

Did you buy it from them, or from eBay, etc, etc? If eBay, etc, you could ask the original owner to remove it from their account, thus giving you the option to add it to yours...
    09-12-08 07:04 PM
    It's my cousin's, I have have a BB forever and a day. He got it at the store today. Came new from the box according to him.

I called Telus and they said they were upgrading blackberrys
    09-12-08 08:01 PM
    Try doing a battery pull. It'll work!

My bf had the same issue with his phone, we got it fixed up.
    09-12-08 08:09 PM
    I guess I should clarify - it's not that the device is registered with another provider or account, it's that it's not registered at all on the network. A battery pull takes care of that. Then create a BIS account and link it to the BB, send service books and you're done.

Also, check to make the sure the phone's PIN and IMEI match the ones on the box. If not, that's a whole other issue.
    09-12-08 08:13 PM
    Got it working. Had to get in a service area with data.
    09-14-08 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD