So its 2-20-14 and I just got off the phone with a very nice CSR. I asked he about the conflicting stories about the update 10.2.1. I started by telling her how upset I was that TMO stop selling the BB10's in-store and stop selling z10's all together. I ended with to honestly tell me IF and/or WHEN is the update coming out. This was her response:
    CSR: Mr. Foster I have to be honest I'm not sure whats going on, I've recently returned to work. Please allow me to do some research.
    Me: Sure. Do you own a Blackberry?
    CSR: No..I use too. I use to own a Storm and was so disappointed that I moved to a different phone. My dad still does. I've been considering giving it a try again.
    Me: Great you should come back.

She places me on hold to do the research. Basically she went to their home page to read. She was very surprised that TMO was handling Blackberry with so little respect. She then asked to put me on hold to go and ask her supervisor about Blackberry's and why they(TMO) didn't carry them in-store any longer. After several minutes this was her response:
    CSR: Mr. Foster? So I have spoken to my supervisor and she has informed me that T-Mobile is phasing Blackberry out. But you will still receive the updates when they come, but yes...unfortunately....we are phasing them out. We aren't selling them any longer.
    Me: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!
    CSR: Yes sir...sorry....(repeating her supervisors words) but you can buy a android or iphone if your ready to change over.
    Me: REALLY! No thank you.
    CSR: I figured! ha! Is there anything else?
    Me: Nah...you've broken my heart now.

I laughed a bit and got off the phone. I couldn't believe what was just told. So I'm buying unlocks from now on. What do you guys think about this?
    rbwalton likes this.
    02-20-14 09:19 PM
    02-20-14 09:22 PM
    I would ask Mr Chen to make a call to them to see if he gets the same response.

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    02-20-14 09:25 PM

That they are phasing out Blackberry?
    02-20-14 09:52 PM
    They are just falling in line with the other cell phone vendors in the US. No one in the US sells BB's, they only display them like a relic in a museum. How long can BB survive if they don't sell phones in the US.
    SF71 and rai187 like this.
    02-20-14 10:59 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry should start it's own carrier?

Posted via CB10
    Anovascular likes this.
    02-21-14 10:19 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should start it's own carrier?

Posted via CB10

I don't think this is a viable option financially, but assuming it were, what devices would BBRY sell? Think about it...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-21-14 10:40 AM
    All BlackBerry devices I would hope. With BBM and a carrier under their belt I would like to think they could take over the world.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:52 AM
    They are just falling in line with the other cell phone vendors in the US. No one in the US sells BB's, they only display them like a relic in a museum. How long can BB survive if they don't sell phones in the US.
    Agreed! I was wondering the same thing. This is truly an issue. I'll have to start buying my Blackberry from another source and unlock.
    02-21-14 10:14 PM
    All BlackBerry devices I would hope. With BBM and a carrier under their belt I would like to think they could take over the world.

Posted via CB10
    The stuff dreams are made of lol

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-21-14 10:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    We as BlackBerry faithful customers need to wake up and smell the coffee, certain main stream markets mainly the stinkin' US don't want citizens to have bb phones much less the government sectors either.

It's very sad but until the mindless sheeple wake up and realize that the gestapo is taking away our choices BlackBerry will just contine to suffer until it has no legs to stand on.

Mr. Chen needs to develop a surge of waves and enter the market on a surfboard with the master plan to put BlackBerry phones out to the general public again.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    SF71 likes this.
    02-21-14 11:15 PM
    We as BlackBerry faithful customers need to wake up and smell the coffee, certain main stream markets mainly the stinkin' US don't want citizens to have bb phones much less the government sectors either.

It's very sad but until the mindless sheeple wake up and realize that the gestapo is taking away our choices BlackBerry will just contine to suffer until it has no legs to stand on.

Mr. Chen needs to develop a surge of waves and enter the market on a surfboard with the master plan to put BlackBerry phones out to the general public again.

The problem in the US is that BlackBerry doesn't advertise. This has been said 1000x in the past year. Why should US carriers advertise for BlackBerry? For a handful of the population. It's a business. How do you expect the US citizens to find out about BB10, by word of mouth ? If Chen wants the carriers to support BlackBerry, how about BlackBerry supporting themselves.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-22-14 01:02 AM
    The stuff dreams are made of lol

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry could form a MVNO. I don't know if that would be particularly useful since they wouldn't have any stores to display the phones, though they could do kiosk displays.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 04:51 AM
    MVNO For blackberry would be awesome. I bet BlackBerry users would take advantage. I think consumers are wanting a service more like MVNO these days anyways.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:01 AM
    Phasing them out!!!????? I stand in protest.

I do hope Chen is working a strategy to correct this non-sense!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:51 AM
    MVNO For blackberry would be awesome. I bet BlackBerry users would take advantage. I think consumers are wanting a service more like MVNO these days anyways.

Posted via CB10
    If they ran the MVNO off of Tmob and AT&T, my lack of service issues would be gone.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 04:03 PM

Very well said!
    02-25-14 12:07 AM
    The problem in the US is that BlackBerry doesn't advertise. This has been said 1000x in the past year. Why should US carriers advertise for BlackBerry? For a handful of the population. It's a business. How do you expect the US citizens to find out about BB10, by word of mouth ? If Chen wants the carriers to support BlackBerry, how about BlackBerry supporting themselves.

Posted via CB10
    I hear you, however I live in Los Angeles and all the advertisement that is being made about iPhone is either through the carrier (ATT/TMobile) or other phone companies (Samsung/Nokia) commercials. Samsung talks about iPhone with the "lines" and Nokia talks about them (Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone) "fighting." So their plugging the iPhone when they are intending to promote their own phones. I know three people who went and bought a iphone because of those commercials. I thought it was true ironic humor.
    02-25-14 12:18 AM
    I hear you, however I live in Los Angeles and all the advertisement that is being made about iPhone is either through the carrier (ATT/TMobile) or other phone companies (Samsung/Nokia) commercials. Samsung talks about iPhone with the "lines" and Nokia talks about them (Samsung Galaxy S and iPhone) "fighting." So their plugging the iPhone when they are intending to promote their own phones. I know three people who went and bought a iphone because of those commercials. I thought it was true ironic humor.
    I can only go with living in Florida. Very few from blackberry when bb10 came out. Tmobile had more tv commercials then Verizon or AT&T. Best Buy had good size ads and then it all went away. Don't see many carrier commercials now, mostly Samsung and IPhone themselves.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:55 AM