Can anyone link me to a site that you've used and trust to buy a SIM for global use? i'm looking for local prepaid SIM to use in my unlocked 9630 in BVI.

i googled this and so many sites come up and they seem kind of expensive. May be cheaper to just make calls using VZW/Vodafone...

This seems to be the cheapest, but i don't know if i'm missing something. Passport US SIM Card by Telestial

But if anyone has any sites or tips, please let me know.

i want to buy the local BVI SIM *before i get there.

Lastraid (or anyone that know)-when i'm in BVI with VZW Global Data Plan, and i send an "email" to 9998887777@vtext, that counts as data for me right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 06:26 PM
    Telestial always pops up first when I'm looking for a SIM. I dug a little deeper tonight though - even using *gasp* Bing in addition to Google. The only one that I found that comes comes to Teletial is Global Rates - Global Roaming - The One SIM For Global Roaming

Their per-minute rates are a little bit higher, but there are no connection costs (unlike Telestial who will, I believe tag you with about a $.65 per call connection fee from BVI). Pretty much all the other providers' rates from BVI are outrageous. Hope that helps.
    12-01-09 08:41 PM
    It does! Thank you. Didn't notice a connection fee.

12-02-09 01:38 AM
    ...Lastraid (or anyone that know)-when i'm in BVI with VZW Global Data Plan, and i send an "email" to 9998887777@vtext, that counts as data for me right?
    Ooooh, I love the "search" button!

This is exactly what I was looking to find out, but I'm not sure if your second post is in answer to this. One of my sons may be going on a cruise in February with his girlfriend's family to the Caribbean. He has a Moto Droid, but we do have a backup BB Storm. VZW told me that most of the Caribbean is CDMA, so he can probably bring the Droid.

Either way, I'll be getting the Global Data package for him. Does anyone know if for certain the @vtext method truly gets billed as data? I won't worry too much incoming accidentally going thru as texts to him ($.05/text), it's the outgoing ($.50/text) that frightens me.

Thanks.
    12-10-09 11:52 PM
    Let's summon Lastraid for help with our question. He's hiding in the VZW section!

12-11-09 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD