Hey..

so my 9700 is defective with hardware issues and i called C/S and bb tech support and they told me that there is nothing they can do cause the stores are different from them.

They told me that i had to go back to the Rogers plus store and get them to exchange it for me.. if they do not have stock they can order one for me.

i went to the store got it confirmed that i have hardware issues but they said they had to wait for shipment to come in!

I called back c/s to tell them they wouldn;t order me one and they told me that rogers.com, rogers stores and the call center are all different .. they offer different pricing, have different stock availability etc etc... and they cant do anything about it

is that true? if it is what a shatty way to do business!! i;m sure they have their reasons but this kind of screws over the customer in certain situations!

oh yah i forgot its rogers ; <
    11-09-09 11:11 AM
    Has this been pretty common with the Rogers 9700? I've read a few were defective.

Oh, and what WAS defective with it?
    11-09-09 03:38 PM
    CS has a lot more pull than a store does, CS also cannot make a store honor special pricing or promotions, it's up to the store to decide...
    11-09-09 03:44 PM
    Hey..

so my 9700 is defective with hardware issues and i called C/S and bb tech support and they told me that there is nothing they can do cause the stores are different from them.

They told me that i had to go back to the Rogers plus store and get them to exchange it for me.. if they do not have stock they can order one for me.

i went to the store got it confirmed that i have hardware issues but they said they had to wait for shipment to come in!

I called back c/s to tell them they wouldn;t order me one and they told me that rogers.com, rogers stores and the call center are all different .. they offer different pricing, have different stock availability etc etc... and they cant do anything about it

is that true? if it is what a shatty way to do business!! i;m sure they have their reasons but this kind of screws over the customer in certain situations!

oh yah i forgot its rogers ; <

Most (if not all) stores are franchises, not corporately owned. Hence the push back from CS to return to the store in question.
    11-09-09 04:17 PM
    withing the first 15 days or w/e you go to the store, after than you call tech...
    11-09-09 07:24 PM
    Has this been pretty common with the Rogers 9700? I've read a few were defective.

Oh, and what WAS defective with it?
    my end button makes a loud clicking noise and stiffer then the other buttons..

the bottom left corner of my screen is discoloured and every time i push the talk button i get the liquid screen effect pretty badly..

although my battery cover does come off smoother then most of the 9700 i've seen.. but still the redish tint at the bottom left is bothersome

i think i may even buy another one and return this one if i can find one today.
    11-10-09 09:28 AM
    my end button makes a loud clicking noise and stiffer then the other buttons..

the bottom left corner of my screen is discoloured and every time i push the talk button i get the liquid screen effect pretty badly..

although my battery cover does come off smoother then most of the 9700 i've seen.. but still the redish tint at the bottom left is bothersome

i think i may even buy another one and return this one if i can find one today.
    I can't find a store that has them. Here in London, every store is sold out.
    Mississauga has none either. Oakville, none.
    11-10-09 02:12 PM
    I stopped even walking into the stores 5years ago. They all seem to look nicer these days, but still same ****ty customer experience. Reps eager to push as many phones as possible just to make commission.

It is less stress and easier to deal with the Reps over the phone and wait the extra day or 2 for them to send the phone to you by mail. Also any mention of a plan better than what the employee has and you get terrible service. I once negotiated a new retention plan and went in store to pick up the phone, after discussing with the employee the plan I got he didn't believe me and then later changed my plan when I didn't want to buy anything, only pick up the new phone. I had to spend another 2hrs on the phone correcting the issue when I received my first bill.
    Last edited by just0; 11-24-09 at 12:26 AM.
    11-24-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD