Hi all,

I have a problem with 8900 from Orange Uk (two sets have the same trouble). I bought the unlock from 3 different third parties, and got the same codes- 3 codes for each phone (2 with 8digits, the last with 16 digits). But I can not use them to unlock them. I followed the below instruction:
    1) Choose Settings Menu => and then Options
    2) Select Advanced options => and then Sim Card
    3) Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard
    4) Type MEP then [then ALT] and 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)
    5) On screen "Enter Network MEP Code".
    6) Enter the code.
    7) Press Enter (You can use the track ball as well)
    8) Device is now unlocked
    But it failed (only one left at the moment). Could all of you help me to answer what happens with those codes? And what could I do next? I really need the unlock to use other carrier.

Thank in advance.
    Chuot
    11-25-09 12:00 PM
    You sure its a Orange UK device and not a O2 UK device?
    11-25-09 12:21 PM
    I add more detail: I bough codes from one in UK, 2 others in US with manufacturer codes (I have bought many codes for other phones with them in the past). After input 5 times. I learn from other website, it said I must turn off all networks, and I did, but the phone can not unlock.
    @Carrierunlock: sure. Vendor code: 142
    11-25-09 12:23 PM
    You still have to have some attempts left, if not then you need to go to a local shop and have it unlocked via cable software.
    11-25-09 12:31 PM
    You still have to have some attempts left, if not then you need to go to a local shop and have it unlocked via cable software.
    @CarrierUnlock: you mean: with one left, I could try it and if failed, use the cable? Could It be unlocked via cable?? OK, I will try. Highly appreciated ur quick reply.
    11-25-09 12:36 PM
    Yes but there is one method which should yield only one code, but takes a few days to come back since it comes back from RIM. A little more expensive, but well worth it.
    11-25-09 12:46 PM
    @CarrierUnlock: you mean: with one left, I could try it and if failed, use the cable? Could It be unlocked via cable?? OK, I will try. Highly appreciated ur quick reply.
    Also you can use MEP reader to read your MEP # from your phone and we can get one correct code for your phone instantly. You can download MEP reader here Blackberry Code/MEP Reader
    11-25-09 03:15 PM
    Hi all,

I have a problem with 8900 from Orange Uk (two sets have the same trouble). I bought the unlock from 3 different third parties, and got the same codes- 3 codes for each phone (2 with 8digits, the last with 16 digits). But I can not use them to unlock them. I followed the below instruction:
    1) Choose Settings Menu => and then Options
    2) Select Advanced options => and then Sim Card
    3) Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard
    4) Type MEP then [then ALT] and 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)
    5) On screen "Enter Network MEP Code".
    6) Enter the code.
    7) Press Enter (You can use the track ball as well)
    8) Device is now unlocked
    But it failed (only one left at the moment). Could all of you help me to answer what happens with those codes? And what could I do next? I really need the unlock to use other carrier.

Thank in advance.
    Chuot
    We can get you the 100% correct code for your phone
    11-25-09 06:06 PM
    Also you can use MEP reader to read your MEP # from your phone and we can get one correct code for your phone instantly. You can download MEP reader here Blackberry Code/MEP Reader
    @expressunlockcode: highly appreciated for advice, will send the information and the code to you.

All the best
    11-26-09 08:22 AM
    @expressunlockcode: highly appreciated for advice, will send the information and the code to you.

All the best

Did it work out for you?
    11-26-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD