So I added a line on the 11th of April and got my bill today and I'm trying to sort through it. But I got confused and had to run off for work stuff so I couldn't finish up the chat.

Here's what I got:

"When plan changes are made in the middle of a billing cycle, then pro-rated fees will apply, as Sprint bills one month ahead."

So that apparently explains why my bill is from April 11 - May 2 and then form May 3 - June 2.

But when I look into my current usage, my minutes are from May 3 - June 2. So what will happen when I get next month's bill, the one that ends June 2? Am I not already paying for it THIS month?
    05-08-08 12:31 PM
    Your bill in June should be the correct one with the 'present' useage / charges...
    05-08-08 12:37 PM
    With wireless carriers, your plan charges are billed one month in advance, while your minutes one month in arrears (obivously they can't predict how long you're going to talk)

If you add a line at 9.99 in the middle of your bill cycle, you will be billed 9.99 for the next month and 5.00 for the remainder of the current month. This holds true for any add ons as well like TEP, Power Vision, Text etc.

If you need more info please let me know.
    05-08-08 08:24 PM
    With wireless carriers, your plan charges are billed one month in advance, while your minutes one month in arrears (obivously they can't predict how long you're going to talk)
    With the exception of T-Mobile who does use post pay (you actually pay for the service AFTER you use it), you pay for your monthly SERVICE CHARGES one month in advance but your USAGE will show one month back because they cannot predict the amount of usage that you will actually use. Your bill next month will have the regular SERVICE CHARGES.

Hope that helps some, if you want you can PM me for further information. I used to be customer care for T-Mobile so I can usually figure out and explain bill fairly well even on other carriers (yes, I used to have to explain other carrier's bills to T-Mobile customers, lol).
    05-08-08 08:37 PM
    With the exception of T-Mobile who does use post pay (you actually pay for the service AFTER you use it), you pay for your monthly SERVICE CHARGES one month in advance but your USAGE will show one month back because they cannot predict the amount of usage that you will actually use. Your bill next month will have the regular SERVICE CHARGES.

Hope that helps some, if you want you can PM me for further information. I used to be customer care for T-Mobile so I can usually figure out and explain bill fairly well even on other carriers (yes, I used to have to explain other carrier's bills to T-Mobile customers, lol).
    Good info tscharron! Personally I think all carriers should do it this way, but I think it adds to the amount you have to collect if someone decides to cancel.
    05-08-08 08:38 PM
    Thanks that makes sense. It was just confusing, plus overwhelming to see a bill twice what I expected!
    05-08-08 08:48 PM
    Good information.
    05-15-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD