Ok I need some help before i go on my trip to the US. I want to minimize all roaming charges. Now I know the best thing to do would be to turn data off. But I need my BBM down there. I'd like to just stop my email and Facebook updates, which should negate data usage. So for facebook is it, good enough just to sign out of the program or shall I erase it. Also is there anyway to temporarily suspend my push email or is it best to just erase the email address from the BIS site?
    12-19-09 12:34 PM
    If you sign out of facebook it should be sufficient. To ensure you don't receive email you would be advised to delete all email accounts from your BIS server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 05:41 PM
    You can always change the data services to "off" when roaming and then connect to a wifi spot.
    12-19-09 06:24 PM
    You can always change the data services to "off" when roaming and then connect to a wifi spot.
    The OP is using a Pearl 8130. That model (unlike the 8120) doesn't have WiFi according to this link: BlackBerry - Pearl - Specifications

/ES
    12-19-09 09:59 PM
    Yeah I do not have wifi. Plus even if I did I like to have my BBMs coming in all the time. I'll try just logging out of Facebook and deleting my BIS email account. Any other tips besides that?
    12-20-09 10:18 AM
    Yeah I do not have wifi. Plus even if I did I like to have my BBMs coming in all the time. I'll try just logging out of Facebook and deleting my BIS email account. Any other tips besides that?
    The tips that you got are good ones. I'm wondering if you'll be able to re-activate your <yourname>@bell.blackberry.net email address if you delete it?

/ES
    12-21-09 07:59 AM
    Instead of deleting your linked e-mail accounts in your BIS profile, go into the "filter" setting of each e-mail account and select "do not forward messages to device". This should halt all incoming traffic but still allow you to send out.
    12-21-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD