I am going to be heading over to Europe after Christmas and was wondering if anyone had some good options for data and voice usage over there?

I saw Rogers has a international data add on pack, $50 for 10MB, is the the best option? I see voice rates are crazy, and I am thinking of just buying a prepaid long distance card and using it for calling home from a land line.

I have the choice of two phones, an 8310 and an unlocked 9530 that I have a Verizon sim card for (it also says Vodafone on it), but I'm not sure if that will help me in the data department.

What do you all suggest?
    12-20-09 03:14 PM
    Leave Canada and both voice and data Plans (unless in a pre-paid package) will cost you more than your trip!!

As BBs 'push' data to you, you'll be racking up costs simply having the device on with default settings, as email and updates are sent along.

A phone card and landlines may be the best bet, or perhaps the unlocked phone with a European provider's prepaid SIM card - but otherwise, turn off all but your Wi-Fi networks on your 8310 and you can at least use it at Wi-Fi Hotpots to check mail and the like.
    12-21-09 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD