While my phone conversation with support was not comforting in trying to find out the costs of using a T-mobile sim in Europe, sometimes users are more helpful. I was transferred 3 times between pre-paid and post-paid services. Never got a straight answer.

I have a US T-mobile sim card in my BB Priv. But it is basically in storage. I'm on a $3/month plan of either 30 minutes or 30 texts.

But since I'm probably going to Europe, I was looking to see if I changed my plan for a month, what the rates/limits for callings, texting and data.

Anybody got any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    01-15-18 05:26 PM
    Honestly likely just easier (and cheaper) to get a local SIM and use it there assuming your Priv is unlocked.
    01-15-18 07:13 PM
    Honestly likely just easier (and cheaper) to get a local SIM and use it there assuming your Priv is unlocked.
    Thanks. I may just give that a try. Both Priv's are unlocked as is the KeyOne (with Verizon sim)
    01-15-18 09:07 PM
    T-Mobile has excellent over-seas rates, unless something has changed. Plus when abroad I use wifi-calling whenever possible and that's free. And since all airports and nearly every restaurant now has free wifi, I use it a lot. I travel quite a bit and haven't used a local SIM in more than five years. First of all I want my regular number avail. Secondly is just a PIA. Don't think "easier and cheaper" applies for using a local SIM anymore.
    FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    01-17-18 04:25 AM
    Last summer with my tmobile plan I had free texting when on tmobile in Germany. Internet was 2G. Calls were $.20/min. With a local Sim I had faster internet and could make local calls there for free

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-18 04:48 AM
    Last summer with my tmobile plan I had free texting when on tmobile in Germany. Internet was 2G. Calls were $.20/min. With a local Sim I had faster internet and could make local calls there for free

Posted via CB10
    Again, it's a balance. For me having my regular phone number active is crucial. 90% of my calls were wifi-calling (free) and data was always done over wifi. Saving a few dollars isn't worth the inconvenience of going with a local SIM. But, that's just me.
    01-17-18 08:57 AM
    While my phone conversation with support was not comforting in trying to find out the costs of using a T-mobile sim in Europe, sometimes users are more helpful. I was transferred 3 times between pre-paid and post-paid services. Never got a straight answer.

I have a US T-mobile sim card in my BB Priv. But it is basically in storage. I'm on a $3/month plan of either 30 minutes or 30 texts.

But since I'm probably going to Europe, I was looking to see if I changed my plan for a month, what the rates/limits for callings, texting and data.

Anybody got any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    I have T-Mobile but when I went to Europe I bought a cheap prepaid card and used it there meanwhile. Last time I used T-Mobile in Europe I ended up paying almost $600 for my phone bill, as they said it was fine to use it and it obviously wasnt'... I'm doing the Camino Portugues this year and will do the same thing. Plus you can use an european carrier in every country in Europe so you avoid the risk of getting charged.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-18-18 10:40 AM
    I have T-Mobile but when I went to Europe I bought a cheap prepaid card and used it there meanwhile. Last time I used T-Mobile in Europe I ended up paying almost $600 for my phone bill, as they said it was fine to use it and it obviously wasnt'... I'm doing the Camino Portugues this year and will do the same thing. Plus you can use an european carrier in every country in Europe so you avoid the risk of getting charged.
    Finally, got back to reading comments in the T-mobile subforum. First, have a great time on the Camino Portugues. It should be a great trip. I did the Haute Route a number of years back between France and Switzerland - terrific time.

I wound up doing nothing. I had the Priv along as a backup to my KeyOne and used the Priv as my alarm clock and supplementary email device. I opted for the not-great Verizon global plan and only used it a few times. I mainly relied on wifi for data.
    05-05-18 01:23 PM
    Finally, got back to reading comments in the T-mobile subforum. First, have a great time on the Camino Portugues. It should be a great trip. I did the Haute Route a number of years back between France and Switzerland - terrific time.

I wound up doing nothing. I had the Priv along as a backup to my KeyOne and used the Priv as my alarm clock and supplementary email device. I opted for the not-great Verizon global plan and only used it a few times. I mainly relied on wifi for data.
    I travel to Europe twice a year and love having T-Mobile. I've never had to pay anything extra for all the data I need. I don't typically make many phone calls, but even when I do the charge isn't much. I remember big bills 20 years ago, but not recently.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-18 04:03 PM