Alright, so in 6/09 I transferred a family talk account from another family member into my name. Went through the process for financial responsibility and all that so it was done 100% legit. Also, it's a premier account due to the school discount I get.

When speaking on the phone with them to do so, I was told that all lines (4 at the time) would revert back to non-contracted status and all would be eligible for an upgrade.

Since then I added a line, and upgraded two phones with no problems at all.

Now, I went to upgrade the line my wife uses for Christmas, and it says I am not eligible for an upgrade, or any early iphone upgrade until 5/10. I checked both phones that have not been upgraded since the switch, and both dates are the same for both numbers, and to me 5/10 means nothing to me since I did take over the account in 6/09 and was told all could be upgraded.

Anyone know anything about this, the circumstance or what I can do to actually upgrade this line? My wife is wanting a refurbed iPhone 16GB 3GS. I have no problem paying the 2 year upgrade price/activation/data plan. I just want what they said I would get. I have no idea how to go about getting this taken care of though.

Also, previous owner had 4 lines for years, and I now have 5 lines, and my monthly bill is pretty decent in size, so you'd think they would want to keep me as a customer, haha.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    11-30-09 02:10 PM
    That's the issue, it should have been done with 30 days. I believe you may still be able to get that updated, but you will need to call them up and see if it can be done.

Call: 888-444-4410 and hit the prompts for transfer of service. (changing financial responsibility).
    11-30-09 05:43 PM
    That's the issue, it should have been done with 30 days. I believe you may still be able to get that updated, but you will need to call them up and see if it can be done.

Call: 888-444-4410 and hit the prompts for transfer of service. (changing financial responsibility).
    11-30-09 05:43 PM
    Also... it shows 5/10 as I believe it is 11 months from the 12 month contract. You may have been placed on a one year contract, whether in error or maybe equipment that was purchased. Also, if an iPhone is on any of those lines, that is the reason why. iPhones continue the contract.
    11-30-09 05:44 PM
    Hmm, I see. The switching of financial responsibility went pretty easily actually when we did it. Next bill came out in the correct name and so on. So I don't think there is in an issue with that.

Those two numbers I'm referencing had an HTC Tilt and Fuze, and my Wifes had a Samsung Blackjack II. We had original iPhones on those lines, but that was a long time ago.

So I'm not sure why it stayed like that, and if I understand you correctly, I had 30 days to use the upgrades? Even then, if there was suppose to be "no contract" why would it now give me a eligible for upgrade date.

I guess I will just give them a call and see. Thanks for the help.
    11-30-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD