I'm looking to upgrade from my 8330m. I was really thinking about the Tour until I got to the local USCC store and started looking at the HTC Touch Pro. I really like the phone. I also noticed USCC put up the HTC Touch Pro2 today with WinMo Pro 6.5. I don't know which one to get now...any help??

Thanks!
    11-20-09 10:01 PM
    The HTC Touch Pro 2 is nice, it has a gorgeous screen. It depends what you use your phone for. If you use your phone more as a multimedia device the Htc pro 2 is really nice. The tour 9630 is a lot better if you are a heavy messenger/e-mail user and need something efficient that gets the job done.
    11-21-09 07:14 PM
    I do a lot of texting, facebook and emails but I also am frustrated at the horrible video on the Blackberry Curve. I really don't see that much of a difference in the 8330m and the Tour other than looks. I've played around with the Tour and it still has lag issues just as mine does. I think played with a Touch Pro2 today and feel in love. I think that will be my next phone come Black Friday when USCC puts it up for sale.
    11-21-09 08:16 PM
    Looks like I may go with the HTC Touch Pro2. Wifi, 3G, full screen youtube, WinMo 6.5, full keyboard, edit/create word/excel & play powrpoint & pdf files, TV out (w/cable), FM radio (with software hack).

All this & the word is US Cellular will have this phone 4 $70 with a $70 mail N rebate 4 the 4 day Black Friday sale.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 08:06 PM
    Stay away from the Touch Pro. I probably see 5-7 of these a week that have some issue--touchscreen not working, display out, software issues, you name it. The Touch Pro 2 hasn't been out long enough to get any real feedback on yet.
    11-24-09 02:32 PM
    I have both of them tp2 is a nice phone but so is the tour. But to be honest the only thing I feel is better about the tour is email. I truley hate email on wm. But the tp2 has a great screen so nice to watch videos on, text is great the keyboard is great, I just really like this phone. And the browser is great. Got to give it to tp2 over tour on this one

11-25-09 11:23 PM
    I bought a Touch Pro 2 and I hate it so much. It looks great and the keyboard is nice. It truly is a well built phone the problem is the windows mobile software is the worst. There are not any applications at all for windows mobile. The touch screen is horrible compared to my iPod Touch. I am returning it today and getting the Tour. I would take my Curve back any day over any windows mobile phone.
    11-30-09 11:32 AM
    I bought a Touch Pro 2 and I hate it so much. It looks great and the keyboard is nice. It truly is a well built phone the problem is the windows mobile software is the worst. There are not any applications at all for windows mobile. The touch screen is horrible compared to my iPod Touch. I am returning it today and getting the Tour. I would take my Curve back any day over any windows mobile phone.
    A member for more than a year and that's your first post?

I'll admit that many people don't care for Windows Mobile phones but the lack of apps certainly should not be the reason, there are many more apps available for WM devices than BB's.
    11-30-09 11:38 AM
    WM phones have I would say close to a million or so apps...much more than Blackberry and way more than Android or maybe even IPhone. I think the problem is you don't know where to look. Being a Blackberry user you're not familiar with where the apps are. You probably looked at the Microsoft apps store....there are many other sites out there that offer free apps and even pay apps. If you need a list just PM me and I'll gladly point you in the right direction.
    11-30-09 06:26 PM
    Google.

11-30-09 06:52 PM
    I have looked over the last couple of days and found a lot more apps. I am still going to return the phone for a new blackberry. The main reason being email. My Blackberry would receive emails as soon as they were sent to me. With my TP2 it can be anywhere from 5 min to 2 hours to get emails on the phone. I have it set to send and receive every 5 min and it just does not seem to work. I called US Cellular and we ran through a bunch of things to try and at the end their response at the end of the call was you are probably going to want to go back to a blackberry.
    12-03-09 08:47 AM
    You should try Seven before you switch back. When it comes to email BB's certainly are superior to WinMo but you should definitely give Seven a try before you switch back.
    SEVEN – Proven Push Platform for Mobile Applications
    12-03-09 10:28 AM
    I am not quite sure how to get it.
    12-03-09 11:16 AM
    I am not quite sure how to get it.
    SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program

Click the big-*** arrow
    12-03-09 11:30 AM
    I tried seven for an hour and a half and could not get it to log into any of my accounts. I returned the TP2 and got a BB Tour. I love it.
    12-03-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD