I bought the 9630 last week not knowing the 8530 was going to be available this soon.
    Bought it at radio shack and ported a number over from Tmobile.
    Took an old sprint phone and called Sprint and aked them to transfer the svc from the 9630 to the old phone until Christmas Eve- then I will reverse. Phone is in box and under the Christmas Tree.
    What is the best way to return this and get the 8530. If radio shack were to sell the 8530 this week- I'd be in luck- outside of that, I'm confused.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 10:26 PM
    from my udnerstanding you have 30 days to return the phone...

but i also just got the tour, and was told the tour is ALOT better then even the new curve comming out...

I was also told that the new curve will NOT be out untill Jan 10th
    12-21-09 10:29 PM
    The 8530 has been out for a couple of days....if only from Sprints website (maybe the store??).
    I realize I can return the phone- but what will that do to my line of service?
    WiFi would be the reason for the change...anybody want to chime in on why to keep the tour? FYI- my wife will never travel outside the US (a lot of people love to mention that feature of the tour . )

12-21-09 10:40 PM
    It's all a matter of personal preference I for one won't be leaving the country. 8530 camera quality is 2.0mp whereas the Tour is 3.2 and has a flash, but once again really not a big deal for me as I have a nice digital camera. I've used both and this is the one I decided to go with...they say the car picks the driver, well this phone picked me

And yes the Wi-Fi is great as I use it when i'm at home and at local starbucks and such, it's a cool feature to have. Good luck with whatever you decide. Merry Christmas!
    12-21-09 10:54 PM
    i dont think the phone is in the stores and according to sprint if you order on the website, it wont ship untill the 10th. So call and check first.

I'm curious to see the reviews then on the new curve. The guy at Best Buy told me the new curve would be crap compared to the tour. I like the tour, but the camera isn't that great. it takes FOREVER for a picture to take....

It's Def. alot better then the older curve.

I must have missed the wifi thing on the new curve...

But i had a HTC mogul with the wifi and i didnt find anything to special about it..
    12-21-09 10:57 PM
    the better parts of the tour are larger screen, better camera, and flash. The better part of the curve 2 is price, wifi, and track pad. I do feel the curve 2 does look a little cheaper then the tour, but that is because it is. The curve 2 is an entry level phone. The curve 2 is a great phone, and I'm sure your wife will love it, but the tour is really good to. I think either way she will be happy. If it was me I would keep the tour, and then give the wife the choice. If she wants the new curve then at that point return it. Just my opinion. I tried to be as impartial, and simple as possible. Hope this helps.

12-21-09 10:58 PM
    I didn't realize the 8530 didn't have a flash- well, deals off then. Thanks folks.

12-22-09 01:19 AM
    If you go to blackberry.com and compare both devices in the drop down box, you will see that the Tour is a much better phone.
    12-22-09 07:44 AM
    I didn't realize the 8530 didn't have a flash- well, deals off then. Thanks folks.

why doesnt curve2 have flash but 8330 does?........
    12-22-09 11:29 AM
    why doesnt curve2 have flash but 8330 does?........
    Not sure, I was surprised to see they only equipped the Curve 2 with a 2.0 MP camera. I thought for sure they would have used the 3.2 MP Auto-Focus from the Tour and Storm...
    12-22-09 11:33 AM
    Not sure, I was surprised to see they only equipped the Curve 2 with a 2.0 MP camera. I thought for sure they would have used the 3.2 MP Auto-Focus from the Tour and Storm...
    that i can understand $50 phone... but a 3-5 year old curve with flash to a new 12/09 upgraded curve2 with no flash anyone with a answer!!!!!!!!?
    12-22-09 11:38 AM
    To me; when a phone offers Wi-Fi..it's only a selling point when the actual browser on the phone is a nice one to take advantage of a Wi-Fi connection (i.e. iPhone, Pre, Hero, Droid, etc.).

BBs don't have a good web browser; so even having Wi-Fi isn't a tipping point for me as to whether I should select a BB over a non-Wi-Fi BB or some other phone.
    12-22-09 12:57 PM
    FYI the phones are shipping from Sprint if you order from the website. Quite a few over at SprintUsers.com have received theirs already.
    12-22-09 01:30 PM
    8530 is all about cost reduction, so that's why no flash (and lower camera, etc).
    12-22-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD