No new contract or upgrade pricing needed!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 08:18 PM
    Good deal but don't bother. The Essex will be out soon. Its Vzw's M.O. Just wait.
    11-22-09 08:26 PM
    99.99, out the door? got a link? seems kinda wierd
    11-22-09 08:27 PM
    On best buy's site it shows that the $99.99 is with a new line of service.

Welcome to our Wireless World
    11-22-09 08:32 PM
    99.99, out the door? got a link? seems kinda wierd
    Out the door....bestbuy.com

11-22-09 08:32 PM
    Yeah, its with new line of service. Go Bears
    11-22-09 08:37 PM
    The rep at BestBuy location by me said "out the door $99.99" ....existing and new customers...

11-22-09 08:40 PM
    Website says $99 'after instant discount with a new Sprint PCS account.'

Welcome to our Wireless World

Did you get that price quote in writing?
    11-23-09 11:21 AM
    I just bought mine 2 weeks ago for $150, is there a way to go in and get a refund I wonder?
    11-23-09 12:34 PM
    Radio shack has the same pricing, it's for new line activations and I think upgrades if you contract is up.

I just cleaned up a mess of having both AT&T and Sprint plans which I combined into one Sprint shared plan, ported my daughter's number over from AT&T, gave her my old 8330 and I transfered a new Tour to my line.

It was $99.95 at "The Shack" added to my my bill of course was a $26 activation charge which Sprint earned as it took a VERY long call to customer service to get the Tour up and going.

Now if the Essex comes up in before the end of December, I may switch to it!!
    11-23-09 12:36 PM
    Yes it is out the door.

Go to the Best Buy website, look at the local ad (put in your zip code) and you'll see it says for New & Qualified Upgrades.
    11-23-09 01:19 PM
    I just bought mine 2 weeks ago for $150, is there a way to go in and get a refund I wonder?
    You have 30 days, take your receipt in and get you money back. I did it with the Hero.
    11-23-09 01:26 PM
    Yes it is out the door.

Go to the Best Buy website, look at the local ad (put in your zip code) and you'll see it says for New & Qualified Upgrades.

Yes it is $99 with a new activation, or qualified upgrade. The op states that it was "No new contract or upgrade pricing needed!!!". Which is untrue. The op was misinformed by the best. buy associate.

11-23-09 01:32 PM
    Yes it is $99 with a new activation, or qualified upgrade. The op states that it was "No new contract or upgrade pricing needed!!!". Which is untrue. The op was misinformed by the best. buy associate.

yes I was misled...but I made sure to get the reps name and went to my local bestbuy...The MGR on duty has givin me a credit to my SE family account when my Premier upgrade is effective next month. S o not only is my
    primary line good to go but my wife and daughter will get some love too!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
    11-23-09 08:00 PM
    yes I was misled...but I made sure to get the reps name and went to my local bestbuy...The MGR on duty has givin me a credit to my SE family account when my Premier upgrade is effective next month. S o not only is my
    primary line good to go but my wife and daughter will get some love too!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Well it looks like everything turned out well.
    11-23-09 09:24 PM
    $99 is too good to be true.

Plus I have never seen a smartphone at that price without a 2 yr contract.

I would wait for the Tour 2.
    11-23-09 09:38 PM
    That is with a 2yr contract

11-23-09 11:39 PM
    I had bought mine Nov. 1 on an upgrade for $149 and went in last night. Easy as can be... got $54 bucks back (tax included). They will price match within 30 days.
    11-24-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD