i had my curve8900 for about 5 months before i got the data plan
    i got scammed by tmo rep into signing contract while my AT&T plan was still active thinking i can cancel it early (according to rep i could do it)anyway he lied.
    so finally after i ported my number to tmo in october and added data plan i was very disappointed to find out that edge speed sux ballz....
    but im still paying the same as if i would be on a 3g network which i think is not fair.

is it possible to go to TMo store and ask if i can upgrade early to the bold and send the 8900 back to TMO since i just received a replacement headset for my broken one.
    12-17-09 07:14 PM
    The EDGE speed isn't T-Mobile's error, so there's no justification for an upgrade to the 9700, unfortunately.

Was the rep saying you could cancel AT&T early? If so, that's disappointing. However, a contract is a contract. If there was any skepticism (Which there should be if a rep says you can cancel a contract without penalty) a quick call to AT&T within the first 14 days would've clarified and you could have returned the device.
    12-17-09 09:37 PM
    well what had happened was.

i asked tmobile rep if i could cancel AT&T when im eligible for an upgrade he said yes. then it was a month after upgrade then after claling at&t it was 3 months after upgrade then i caled again to find out that i got Fked by both ATT and tmobile. that they pretty much didnt know wtf was going on and told me bunch of BS.
    by that time it was too late to cancel tmobile and i still had to wait till the end of my att contract which was another 6 months.

so i had my blackberry with no data plan unlocked so i can use it with ATT untill i port my number to tmo.
    when i did i enabled the blackberry plan only to find out that it sucks with no 3g.
    12-17-09 10:33 PM
    well what had happened was.

i asked tmobile rep if i could cancel AT&T when im eligible for an upgrade he said yes. then it was a month after upgrade then after claling at&t it was 3 months after upgrade then i caled again to find out that i got Fked by both ATT and tmobile. that they pretty much didnt know wtf was going on and told me bunch of BS.
    by that time it was too late to cancel tmobile and i still had to wait till the end of my att contract which was another 6 months.

so i had my blackberry with no data plan unlocked so i can use it with ATT untill i port my number to tmo.
    when i did i enabled the blackberry plan only to find out that it sucks with no 3g.
    As I said before, a quick phone call right away would have remedied the entire situation. Shame on the rep for talking out of his **** (Or outright lying), and shame on you for taking his word for it. Neither of those errors entitle you to a 9700.
    12-18-09 12:15 AM
    i didnt say i want it for free.
    i cant really afford to pay full price for that phone.
    so either way im wasting money having to pay for data plan that sucks or selling my 8900 and loosing money on it and buying an overpriced 9700.

any way i go i loose money.
    12-18-09 01:14 AM
    i didnt say i want it for free.
    i cant really afford to pay full price for that phone.
    so either way im wasting money having to pay for data plan that sucks or selling my 8900 and loosing money on it and buying an overpriced 9700.

any way i go i loose money.
    I didn't say you wanted it for free either. You do want a discount of several hundred dollars off of the retail price, correct?

"Wasting money" is subjective. The web experience on my 9700 wasn't much better than the web experience on my 8900. I'm not a big fan of the BB browser anyway though.

I apologize in advance for nit-picking, but this bugs the heck out of me. "Loosing" is not a word.
    12-18-09 01:25 AM
    lol i know i keep putting double 00 for some reason.

im ok with the browser i know its not the best one but its definitely easier with faster connection. i mean the phone is small and has physical keyboard thats only reason i keep it because i havent found a better one for one handed typing.

talking about deceiving.
    while i was selling my 8900 some lady tried to tell me that once i activate the data plan on the storm it will get 3g. she said the salesman told her lol.i had to send her few emails explaining why she wouldnt get 3g on a non 3g capable phone
    12-18-09 10:29 AM
    I just say it's each individual's responsibility to research out what their options are before making any decisions. Salesmen have always been just that, people to sell you on a product or service. Like stated earlier, a quick call to at&t would have saved you some grief. As for the speed of the 8900, there are many T-Mo stores that have working demos. So not knowing the speed prior to purchasing it was really due to not making the effort to find out how it is. As for 3G, it isn't all it's cracked up to be, but you won't catch me going back to the 8900 either. You're already wanting to jump to the 9700, but have you tried it yet? Again, without trying it you may find yourself in the same situation with less money in your wallet. You may find it's not worth the time, money, and grief you're going to go through to get it. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 12-19-09 at 12:16 AM.
    12-19-09 12:14 AM
    i switched to a even more plus plan and got an htc touch pro2 so far i belive it is better suited for my needs. although i miss blakcberry email push and one handed typing.
    but i will waith for a blackberry with bigger screen of same format as curve and bold.
    once they upgrade the screen ill be back to black (berry)
    touch pro comes with all the apps i need INCLUDING THE PDF READER AND WORD!!!!!
    had it for 2 hours and its not as bad as i thought.

so ill sit tight untill i see another berry that i like..
    12-19-09 01:39 AM
    and yes 3g helps alot for what im using it for.

just a few examples would be:
    loading crackberry forum on 8900 = 15 minutes till fully loaded
    updating google maps= 10-15 seconds if im lucky.
    i pass 2 exits sometimes before the map updates

with hts so far :
    loading crackberry page = few seconds
    updating maps less than 2 seconds...
    12-19-09 01:47 AM
    and yes 3g helps alot for what im using it for.

just a few examples would be:
    loading crackberry forum on 8900 = 15 minutes till fully loaded
    updating google maps= 10-15 seconds if im lucky.
    i pass 2 exits sometimes before the map updates

with hts so far :
    loading crackberry page = few seconds
    updating maps less than 2 seconds...
    WTF? I use my 8120 to load Crackberry mobile and it doesn't take me that long on a UMA connetion, let alone on EDGE.
    12-19-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD