As much as it pains me, I think I'll skip the Priv. At least until the end of the year. I bought 3 devices in the last year and a half, and am happy with my Passport and Nexus 5 as my dailies. Ended up buying a guitar instead. Lol

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    I convinced myself in January that I wasn't going to get the Priv, but, lo and behold, a month later, purchased. Haha. I can't resist a BlackBerry... Even the most hideous of them. It's been a while since I've upgraded my Android line anyways and I am tired of the Nexus and Samsung I have been alternating on line two. Will be nice to once more run two Berrys deep. My Classic on line one and I'll give the Priv a go on this line. Was hoping for the mythical Vienna to drop first but I'll settle for what is available now. I lack the skill to play a guitar anyways haha

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wikichick likes this.
    02-17-16 08:17 AM
    It's arrived and yup, just as ugly in person
    Tmo Priv?-img_20160217_122524.jpg
    Tmo Priv?-img_20160217_122715.jpg
    Tmo Priv?-img_20160217_122905.jpg
    Tmo Priv?-img_20160217_123014.jpg
    The back of it is the only thing I find sexy thus far...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 11:33 AM
    Some phones, like some women, get more attractive and sexier when you get to know them and what they can do?!
    02-17-16 11:39 AM
    Some phones, like some women, get more attractive and sexier when you get to know them and what they can do?!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... haha Sliders have never been appealing to me. I'm biased from the start, but I'm giving it a go. System update out of the box and already it is running hot. I'll give it time settle, BlackBerrys always have required some start up time to settle in properly...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 11:47 AM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... haha Sliders have never been appealing to me. I'm biased from the start, but I'm giving it a go. System update out of the box and already it is running hot. I'll give it time settle, BlackBerrys always have required some start up time to settle in properly...

Posted via CB10
    First thing to do is delete the tmo app. That is usually the main culprit. It should help with heat and battery drain. Then hopefully after the device settles down in a couple days you'll be problem free. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 12:08 PM
    First thing to do is delete the tmo app. That is usually the main culprit. It should help with heat and battery drain. Then hopefully after the device settles down in a couple days you'll be problem free. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Bloatware and such nonsense is always the first to go... That's a given for sure haha

02-17-16 01:41 PM
    I love sliders. OG Torch was great! That's one of few devices I had over 2 years.

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    02-17-16 02:37 PM
    Best thing i've ever read on CB!

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    Wikichick likes this.
    02-18-16 07:35 PM
    I convinced myself in January that I wasn't going to get the Priv, but, lo and behold, a month later, purchased.
    Slowly finding myself in this position...
    02-24-16 08:34 PM
    It takes a little getting used to. I was in the same position then I relented and got one.
    After a few days (and disabling a lot of bloat) battery life is excellent for me. Screen is
    very good and despite a lot of whiny folks I find the hub to be good for my uses (few email
    accounts, texting, etc. The calendar sucks but I replaced it with the Google calendar.
    Keyboard is a little smaller (more like the Q10) but the scrolling feature is very handy.
    I think WiFi is not optimized (I am not sure it's using a Paratek antenna) because I get
    a lot of WiFi calling errors - hopefully a software update can fix this. I believe it's due to
    some kind of "battery saver" for WiFi because I have seen the same errors on other android
    phones and they always improved when I turned off the WiFi battery optimization - so far
    I don't see any setting in WiFi options.
    02-25-16 06:56 AM
    Slowly finding myself in this position...
    It [the Priv] isn't a bad phone... It's just another Android device... The biggest thing distinguishing it from the rest being the pseudoBlackBerry feel that went into its' design... Once you accept it's simply an Android it does begin to grow on you. Still not going to overtake my line one spot, the Classic is firmly holding that line down, but I was running various Androids and WPS on my line 2 and the Priv has actually plugged in nicely here. All the nonsense apps of Android with a better communication layout thanks to the noble attempt to recreate Hub on Android. A few tweaks here and there and it runs smoothly and quickly.

The biggest disappointments at this point are the battery (the Priv still gets hot depending on what is running and the battery drain is often abysmal again depending on what you are using. The CB app, for example, is a soul sucking drainer on the Priv, along with several other 'main apps' I frequent. To be fair though, these apps killed my Samsung too, but my Nexus fairs just a tad better than the Priv.) And the physical keyboard on this device is flaccid... I have been spoiled by a decade+ of fabulous keyboards from BlackBerry dating back to their start as a pager. When you compare the Priv's PKB to that of the 9000, 9700, 9780, 9900, Classic and even the Passport you will find it flaccid. It's awkward to use and not at all meeting expectations. As much as I hated the Torch series, at least the PKB on those devices remained comfortable and felt like a powerhouse, the Priv was a huge let down here.

The aforementioned aside, if Android is your thing or if you're Google-curious the Priv is more than acceptable in my opinion. But if you're of a similar mindset as myself, you will find this device won't be taking over that coveted Daily Driver seat anytime soon... If you're still content with your BB10 device, keep it in hand, you won't find the Priv replacing it, but if you're done with BlackBerry and ready to go Droid full time the Priv is a nice transition and more than hangs with the others, specs aside, it performs fine and most I've let play with the Priv seem to only gripe about the lack of fingerprint scanner and the price tag affixed to the device. Otherwise it'll do...

Posted via CB10
    scrannel likes this.
    02-28-16 10:42 AM
336 ... 121314