WFC itself is simply a means to an end. Anyone making secure calls could do so with two cans and a string if necessary.

SMS is a different animal altogether. It's not considered a secure protocol regardless of how it's transmitted. It sits on servers too long even after a successful delivery flag is returned. There are better options for smoke signals.
    There is always the risk of tapping the string connecting the two cans.

http://www.airspacemag.com/military-...pter-24960500/

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 01:38 AM
    is there any way to see if a store has a priv in stock, short of calling the store? cs has no clue and there doesnt seem to be a way to find that information on the website. im not sure if this is user error or if the information just isnt there.
    01-29-16 08:30 AM
    Online inventory is always dicey. I would phone the store.

Incidentally, how do you protect the screen of a Priv? The curved glass at the side looks impossible to protect. This looks to me to be a failure to follow "form follows function."

IMHO, a phone body should be a slab of plastic. Z30 / Z10 style. My Z10 sports the "transit" case and a tempered glass protector. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 10:45 AM
    there is a thread in the priv forum about a tempered glass screen protector that seems to be pretty popular. i talked with a cs agent with zagg, and was told that they will be making a screen protector for the priv, but ill believe that when i see it.
    01-29-16 11:46 AM
    there is a thread in the priv forum about a tempered glass screen protector that seems to be pretty popular. i talked with a cs agent with zagg, and was told that they will be making a screen protector for the priv, but ill believe that when i see it.
    A tempered glass with curves? If they can really do that, half the alignment problems would be gone. That is the side to side alignment would be set by the curved glass.

I still don't see the utility in such a screen design.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 02:45 PM
    A tempered glass with curves? If they can really do that, half the alignment problems would be gone. That is the side to side alignment would be set by the curved glass.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It's curved tempered glass protector. Line it vertically and go.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 03:01 PM
    I got mine at T-Mobile two days ago and NO problems at all! Jim

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 03:13 PM
    is there any way to see if a store has a priv in stock, short of calling the store? cs has no clue and there doesnt seem to be a way to find that information on the website. im not sure if this is user error or if the information just isnt there.
    Not with TMO, no. AT&T's product pages used to at one point, but TMO never did. At best, you can figure out from the store locator which TMO store is corporate vs. TPR, but that's about it. That may help figure out which stores to call (under the presumption that corporate stores are more likely to have this phone.)

Incidentally, how do you protect the screen of a Priv? The curved glass at the side looks impossible to protect. This looks to me to be a failure to follow "form follows function."
    This company claims to have a screen protector. Act now, and you can have one for the low, low price of $2!

Seriously though, I have bought protectors from them before, and they work just fine. I have one on my Q10 right now.
    01-29-16 03:26 PM
    Three days with the Priv have convinced me that BB10 has no long term future! Jim

Posted via CB10
    grumpyaeroguy and J2daR like this.
    01-29-16 09:38 PM
    Not with TMO, no. AT&T's product pages used to at one point, but TMO never did. At best, you can figure out from the store locator which TMO store is corporate vs. TPR, but that's about it. That may help figure out which stores to call (under the presumption that corporate stores are more likely to have this phone.)

This company claims to have a screen protector. Act now, and you can have one for the low, low price of $2!

Seriously though, I have bought protectors from them before, and they work just fine. I have one on my Q10 right now.
    That protector isn't tempered glass. So maybe my original point still stands. Give me a phone that is a slab of plastic. Mind you, tough plastic like the Z10. (I've never seen a Z30 in the flesh, but I suppose it is similar.) A bumper or transform case and a tempered protector and you are good to go.

It doesn't matter how much foo foo you put on a BlackBerry. A fanboi will always buy the iphone, so don't try to be stylish.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 01:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's from a company by the name of Sikai. They are based out of China and have a tempered glass and plastic, zagg type, screen protector. You can find them on amazon or eBay.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 01:57 AM
    Yeah, it's from a company by the name of Sikai. They are based out of China and have a tempered glass and plastic, zagg type, screen protector. You can find them on amazon or eBay.

Posted via CB10
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019O0...UvbUpU12237912

There is some doubt about the fit.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...85/index3.html

I still think the curved glass on the phone is a bad idea since it doesn't actually accomplish anything. It probably means the phone isn't as strong since there isn't a frame underneath it. In fact my other rant is with these reviewers dinging phones where the display doesn't go to the edge of the phone. Bring the display to the edge makes for a less durable product. If I wanted a Samsung phone, I would buy one. I prefer a battle ready BlackBerry slab of tough plastic.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 10:13 AM
    Robot Check

There is some doubt about the fit.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...85/index3.html

I still think the curved glass on the phone is a bad idea since it doesn't actually accomplish anything. It probably means the phone isn't as strong since there isn't a frame underneath it. In fact my other rant is with these reviewers dinging phones where the display doesn't go to the edge of the phone. Bring the display to the edge makes for a less durable product. If I wanted a Samsung phone, I would buy one. I prefer a battle ready BlackBerry slab of tough plastic.

Posted via CB10
    i was only scanning the forum about that screen protector, so if thats the case, my apologies. also, i agree that a curved glass screen is a bad idea and should not be done. i hope this is the first and the last phone with a curved glass screen from bb.
    01-30-16 10:21 PM
    Three days with the Priv have convinced me that BB10 has no long term future! Jim

Posted via CB10
    I agree

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 11:05 PM
    So excited that I was able to get the Priv from T-Mobile. The 1st store I went too was sold out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 11:25 PM
    My low volume store featured it. Staff knowledgeable. Knew it has WFC even though the site specs don't list it. Considering...
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    02-03-16 04:12 AM
    Knowledgeable staff is a good sign. Wonder if it's from actual training or if it's from actual interest in the Priv by the staff.

Also, if you get it please post your thoughts. You are one of the few people I trust on here.

Passport (red)/Z30-5/Z10-3/Nexus 5 (6.0)
    02-03-16 04:31 AM
    Knowledgeable staff is a good sign. Wonder if it's from actual training or if it's from actual interest in the Priv by the staff.

Also, if you get it please post your thoughts. You are one of the few people I trust on here.

That 'cause we're the only ones up at 2am? But, thanks.
    02-03-16 09:01 AM
    Lol.

Thurask, raino, kris, and so many other ones that help out and not troll others here.

scrannel likes this.
    02-03-16 04:10 PM
    My low volume store featured it. Staff knowledgeable. Knew it has WFC even though the site specs don't list it. Considering...
    DO IT, sir. You'll love it. Same experience in my neighborhood in small TMo strip center store. The knew it, they had it, told me that the reviews have been awesome.

Guy watched me set it up, and asked "mind if I watch? --- that way I'll know what to do when i get mine" LOL
    02-03-16 07:54 PM
    TMO sd would give me a price match for 6 months after my purchase date. If Priv has price drop they will match and cut my bal. That's not a bad deal at all!! May have to go back and pick one up now.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 09:39 PM
    TMO sd would give me a price match for 6 months after my purchase date. If Priv has price drop they will match and cut my bal. That's not a bad deal at all!! May have to go back and pick one up now.

Posted via CB10
    i asked about that too when i got mine from a corporate store, because i mentioned i was going to wait until the price came down. he said that i would have to burn an upgrade to get a lower price if that were the case. was the store you went to a corporate store or a authorized dealer?
    02-12-16 10:26 AM
    Corp store

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 12:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I broke down and ordered the Priv via T-mobile call center. I was also given the same promise, that they would honor a match via credit to my account (I purchased the device outright in full, but they originally offered to apply a credit to the balance of my payment installments should I have taken that route. I always purchase in full though, hate the 'increments' thing, but for those who prefer the 'rent-to-own' AKA Jump On Demand thing, that WAS on the table. Those like me who satisfy their debts in full also have an option.) should the price drop in the next few months. 14year customer, i've built a good rapport with them, but I'm sure they will make the same deal for anyone if approached upfront. I recommend call center over corporate, a better chance of getting someone who will negotiate with you.

Device is arriving tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about it, I hate the Slider form factor, (Priv is beyond fugly in my opinion) but I try to support BlackBerry when T-Mobile actually supplies them just for good measure.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 01:57 AM
    As much as it pains me, I think I'll skip the Priv. At least until the end of the year. I bought 3 devices in the last year and a half, and am happy with my Passport and Nexus 5 as my dailies. Ended up buying a guitar instead. Lol

Wikichick likes this.
    02-17-16 02:19 AM
336 ... 11121314