Now I remember. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Harbor used to buy Business plans / accounts from T-Mobile and then resell them to individual users. It was all kind of gray area / shady type of operation. They have moved on to AT&T, probably because T-Mobile did not like the way they were running the operation.
    Why don't you look into Metro PCS? Your phone would work fine with them and they have really reasonable prices for unlimited plans. You would also get wifi calling. Just a thought.
    10-26-15 10:55 AM
    Now I remember. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Harbor used to buy Business plans / accounts from T-Mobile and then resell them to individual users. It was all kind of gray area / shady type of operation.
    Very shady lol. They were essentially selling postpaid service at sub-prepaid prices to "business" customers (in quotes because I doubt they did a lot of checking. Maybe @gariac can confirm.) One other such reseller--35orLess--completely shut down to new customer subs last year. I wonder if Harbor has changed their practices now.

Why don't you look into Metro PCS? Your phone would work fine with them and they have really reasonable prices for unlimited plans.
    If I were on Harbor, I would keep it over Metro service because technically Harbor customers are tier 1, postpaid TMO customers. Metro is tier 3. With "de-prioritization" rules in place, I wouldn't want to get pushed back in the line! Roaming coverage may be better for Harbor customers too.
    lift likes this.
    10-26-15 12:23 PM
    Harbor requires an EIN, though not when I joined.

Tmo has an unlimited (with 21g deal) that is two lines for $100. Now if they offered that as one line for $50, I never would have left. But Tmo took me off my classic plan (subsidized) and put me on a more expensive plan. So I was paying $65 with a 5Gbyte limit, and none of that money applied to a new phone. Nice way to treat a 9 year customer.

So with Harbor, I pay $12 less a month, which is similar the value of the subsidy, and I have what amounts to an unlimited plan.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 02:18 PM
    the last thing we should be talking about is when the priv is going great be released for tmo, no offense, but everyone is off topic.

Posted via CB10
    Agatonga likes this.
    10-26-15 08:50 PM
    the only thing

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 08:50 PM
    I want Tmo to roll out the Priv so badly... I can't wait any longer!
    10-28-15 09:37 PM
    I want Tmo to roll out the Priv so badly... I can't wait any longer!
    Wow, it's just a phone. Take a few deep breaths and RELAX. There is NO word so far if T-Mobile is going to carry this phone. So again, RELAX. Not worth the anxiety.
    10-29-15 10:49 AM
    Wow, it's just a phone. Take a few deep breaths and RELAX. There is NO word so far if T-Mobile is going to carry this phone. So again, RELAX. Not worth the anxiety.
    I like the perception that you took from my post, I should've wrote instead., my blood is racing, my palms are sweating..., please Tmo- push the Priv or I will die!
    10-29-15 12:37 PM
    Would like to see Tmo throw some sort of special promo for folks to trade up their current BlackBerry phone, knock a good chunk off the sale price or something.

Posted via CB10
    J2daR and barbarianthemadserb like this.
    10-29-15 06:05 PM
    z50, it not just a phone, it's a BlackBerry, lol. the tmo rep said it's in the lineup, no word on release.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-29-15 09:04 PM
    The blackberry classic has Wi-Fi calling now

Posted with my  Classic.
    10-30-15 08:30 AM
    Unfortunately T-Mobile will not be caring BB Priv told by 2 managers from two different T-Mobile locations and thru customer service. But you will be able to by directly from BB and get it serviced through T-Mobile. Really sucks been with them 10years plus, but will be saying good bye and switching to AT&T they are the only ones who have Confirmed to be carriers hey will receive Nov 9. Very bad move T-mobile truely disappointed in your Decision making, I read an article you and the BB company settled your differences, get off your high horse and please your damn customers. We want the BB Priv
    10-31-15 10:54 PM
    Unfortunately T-Mobile will not be caring BB Priv told by 2 managers from two different T-Mobile locations and thru customer service. But you will be able to by directly from BB and get it serviced through T-Mobile. Really sucks been with them 10years plus, but will be saying good bye and switching to AT&T they are the only ones who have Confirmed to be carriers hey will receive Nov 9. Very bad move T-mobile truely disappointed in your Decision making, I read an article you and the BB company settled your differences, get off your high horse and please your damn customers. We want the BB Priv
    Why is it that big of a difference to get an unlocked instead of a branded phone. Is it the financing?

11-01-15 02:58 AM
    it is the financing , but i heard different from tmo technical support. read my thread on tmo / priv update

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 06:55 AM
    11-01-15 07:59 AM
    Why is it that big of a difference to get an unlocked instead of a branded phone. Is it the financing?
    Financing is the biggest, but also carrier-specific "features" that may not work unless it's a branded phone: voLTE, WiFi Calling*, band 12 LTE, free in-flight texting, etc.
    lift likes this.
    11-01-15 09:07 AM
    what's so special about band 12

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:17 AM
    Band 12 adds coverage depending on where you live. If you're in an area grandfathered by a channel 51 TV station then you won't gain anything.

Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrum
    J2daR likes this.
    11-01-15 10:06 AM
    No offense to you but a few months ago managers and reps knew nothing about the classic coming to t-mobile, most were convinced blackberry had gone out of business even when we all knew the news. If they don't release it makes this whole "makeup" deal between the companies completely pointless.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:52 AM

Usually means no wifi calling on phones not officially carried by T-Mobile. Hopefully that will change. Also there is an issue with band 12 being not available on unlocked phones not officially carried by T-Mobile.
    11-01-15 11:20 AM
    My local T-mo store is still saying they don't sell BlackBerries anymore. I had to tell them about the Classic.
    11-01-15 12:10 PM
    called them and they said early November, will take pre orders at the end of the month.

Posted via CB10
    End of which month? October came and went and no pre-orders. ROFL
    11-01-15 12:19 PM
    Ever hear how AT&T and Verizon's LTE networks are sooo amazing? Well, it's largely (but not exclusively) on the back of their low frequency, 700 MHz LTE networks. Band 12 is TMO's 700 MHz network, but they don't own licenses in as many places and there's that channel 51 clearance issue too, as @modifier pointed out.

But when it comes to phones, TMO is asking manufacturers to disable band 12, if they (TMO) is not carrying the phone. Personally, I think the declared presence of band 12 in the Priv means it will be coming to TMO; I just hope TMO's draconian certification doesn't take too long.
    lift likes this.
    11-01-15 12:25 PM
    thank for the info.
    the priv supposed to be announced November 12th

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 12:31 PM
    thank for the info.
    the priv supposed to be announced November 12th

Posted via CB10
    Sorry if I missed it, bit where did you get your information on that release date? Also is that for T-Mobile?
    J2daR likes this.
    11-01-15 12:33 PM
336 1234 ...