Hi Everyone. I am a long time BB, Tmo user. My current device is a 9900 and I have not had anything but trouble during the last week or so with my device. Specifically with the email portion. I wonder if Tmo and/or BB are no longer supporting each other.
    Everything started when I changed my email password, I went to update it on my 9900 and nothing. Ever since that day I keep getting the same error. I try to go the email management screen to enter my password but my device is not capable of "reaching the server" and does not even display the screen for me to type my password.
    I have spent close to 7 hours of troubleshooting with both, Tmobile and Blackberry. I have open tickets with both.
    On the Tmo end, I have spoken with at least 3 BB support team members (It seems like this is the whole team) and their supervisor.
    On the BB end, I have spoken with multiple reps, they have called me back with multiple instructions and nothing.
    I have completely wiped the phone, re installed the BB OS on my device and nothing. The last thing BB support asked for was a device log, which I captured by plugin my 9900 to my computer, ran Desktop support and sent to the BB support email address. In one occasion, we did a Webex session, they were looking at my computer screen, I turned on my webcam and showed them the device screen; they could not believe the same error kept showing up.
    Bottom line, my 9900 is not getting any emails and BB and Tmo seem to be completely disconnected and not working with each other.
    My decision; I will most likely take my BB and move to AT&T with it. Thx for reading my crazy story
    06-19-14 01:28 AM
    wow that seems pretty bad. I assume you have deleted and tried to re add the email and that doesnt work either?
    06-19-14 01:52 AM
    Honestly it doesn't sound like taking your phone to another carrier will help. My past experience (both my wife and I have BBerry phones) is that T-Mo reps have been excellent. However, if you are talking to BBerry on T-Mo you're just going to end up talking to the same people at at&t.

I presume you have this issue both on cell and wifi. Is this your only account? Have you tried simply opening another account to see if you can? And... long shot: I presume you're on a BIS account for the 9900... some genius didn't accidentally take you off thinking you were on an OS 10 device?
    06-19-14 08:07 AM
    I have EXACTLY the same problem! Bold 9900 with T-Mobile. Changed the e-mail password on June 20 and can not update it on the phone - "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server...". Call to T-Mobile support could not resolve the issue. They said that they are aware of the situation and have already notified BlackBerry.
    Sad.
    oibm likes this.
    06-25-14 06:08 PM
    I have EXACTLY the same problem! Bold 9900 with T-Mobile. Changed the e-mail password on June 20 and can not update it on the phone - "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server...". Call to T-Mobile support could not resolve the issue. They said that they are aware of the situation and have already notified BlackBerry.
    Sad.
    What domain name are you using

Pin:2B957637 Q10 SQN 100-5 10.3.0.700
    06-25-14 11:32 PM
    I have spent at least 7 hours on the phone with both, Tmobile and BB and still nothing. Tmobile support keeps asking for time as they are "investigating" the issue and recommending I switch devices, they are offering me $250 off from Samsung devices; BB keeps asking me to send the send them "Report Logs" originated via the BB Desktop software so that they can troubleshoot.
    It is a shame that Tmobile is having its costumers pay for the price of their broken relationship with BB. I am a 12-years costumer that is now highly considering switching carriers or taking Tmobile to small claims court.
    Attached Thumbnails Tmo no Longer Supporting BB?-bb-9900-error.jpg  
    06-26-14 02:18 AM
    I am trying to add a gmail account, but that is not the point as I am not even able to enter any email accounts, any. The screen where you type the email account is not available.
    06-26-14 02:25 AM
    Correct, multiple times.
    wow that seems pretty bad. I assume you have deleted and tried to re add the email and that doesnt work either?
    06-26-14 02:26 AM
    What domain name are you using

Pin:2B957637 Q10 SQN 100-5 10.3.0.700
    It is my personal Yahoo email. The problem seems to be with the T-Mobile's BIS servers.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 01:51 PM
    Definitely a TMO issue.

Did you run the network diagnostics test on the device?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB31560

Pls post the result here.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-26-14 03:34 PM
    I am trying to add a gmail account, but that is not the point as I am not even able to enter any email accounts, any. The screen where you type the email account is not available.
    Go to t_Mobile's BIS page from a computer. If you've done a security wipe, you may have to enter your phone's/SIM's IMEI first before you can get to your accounts. Once you're in, add your GMAIL account.

Someone should be able to provide the link to T-Mobile's BIS web page.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-26-14 04:16 PM
    This sure sounds like Tmobile causing issues with BlackBerry devices connecting to the servers. I would guess they are trying to make BlackBerry look less reliable so their customers with BlackBerry devices will switch to a different device.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 07:03 PM
    Switched to AT&T. Come on over, I didn't realize just how much better the network was for real life use till I made the switch. No sense staying with Futuresprint Telecom.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:56 AM
    FWIW my wife added a gmail account to her Bold yesterday w/o issue. We're in So. Cal.
    06-28-14 10:21 AM
    Off topic bickering has been cleaned up.

[WARN]Focus on the topic and helping the OP. Any further straying will result in harsher mod action![/WARN]

OP, with T-Mobile and BlackBerry having gone through a bad break up recently, I hope you'll get the support you deserve to resolve the issue. Post 10 and 11 are excellent suggestions.
    06-29-14 08:47 AM