Ever since the merger down here in the south was completed I have been pushed into having to sign a new contract with verizon for my phone to work correctly. I refuse to because the plans and TOS verizon sucks. Whenever I complain about verizon all the verizon peeps tries to tell me things are better now. No they are not.. How are they better.. My TOS and plans were better with alltel. I had unlimted DATA for cheaper and more mins. Credited dropped calls and what I think is better customer service..

Everyone just tells me to shut up and take it. I know the verizon peeps are used to paying high prices but I am not going to take getting raped for "better CS"

I feel like I am treated completely different as a alltel plan member because the reps can't really make any money off me until I go red...
    07-15-09 03:47 PM
    Sooo...change to GSM????
    07-15-09 05:46 PM
    Sooo...change to GSM????
    Was thinking sprint for the Palm pre.
    07-15-09 06:26 PM
    I had sprint about 5 years ago and the customer service sucked BIG time. Maybe things have changed since then but from reading in the sprint forum, I doubt it. The palm pre does look like a sweet phone though. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 07:57 PM
    Ever since the merger down here in the south was completed I have been pushed into having to sign a new contract with verizon for my phone to work correctly. I refuse to because the plans and TOS verizon sucks. Whenever I complain about verizon all the verizon peeps tries to tell me things are better now. No they are not.. How are they better.. My TOS and plans were better with alltel. I had unlimted DATA for cheaper and more mins. Credited dropped calls and what I think is better customer service..

Everyone just tells me to shut up and take it. I know the verizon peeps are used to paying high prices but I am not going to take getting raped for "better CS"

I feel like I am treated completely different as a alltel plan member because the reps can't really make any money off me until I go red...
    So why were you pushed into signing a new contract? What did they claim that would make your phone work by signing a new contract?
    07-15-09 08:56 PM
    I'd have to agree that this whole merger thing is super lame, and I hate it. As soon as VZW is forced upon me in any way, off to Sprint I go. Alltel has been great, sad to see it slowly die.
    07-15-09 11:16 PM
    So why were you pushed into signing a new contract? What did they claim that would make your phone work by signing a new contract?
    I didn't sign one. They made my BB worse so no data works, then told me the phone was defective. And they still refuse to take the BIS off of the phone even though they can see the phone does not work.
    07-16-09 08:01 AM
    Don't worry, the government will step in and break up Verizon just like that did with AT&T back in the 80's.

How is it that AT&T and Verizon are allowed to have nearly 70% of wireless users between the 2 of them? Where are our choices as consumers? Something is going to give here, and I think it's only a matter of time before they break up wireless like they did landlines.

07-16-09 11:45 AM
    I have to wonder if that is true, why would they allow the merger?

forkup
    07-16-09 11:47 AM
    you're plan isn't going to have anything to do with how your phone works, if you are currently on an alltel plan you're fine until YOU decide you want to switch to verizon...but you definantaly should not feel obligated into moving to a verizon plan. if you feel that the people in your area for the verizon stores aren't treating you well, feel free to call cust service and we can explain what's going on. it is a big change but it'll get better over time...

07-16-09 01:27 PM
    It'll get better over time...kinda like the death of someone is easier to accept over time? I think its more like, with time (as we are asimilated) we will be more likely to accept it. Like I tell my kids, sometimes the best way to get along is to go along.

07-16-09 02:01 PM
    I definitely hear what you're saying. My local Verizon store has been nothing but rude. I stopped in to ask about an employee discount since I am now Verizon, and was told that I had to get all new Verizon plans (including all new phones) in order to get it. I politely said "never mind then" as I didn't WANT a Verizon plan OR new phones (just got mine before the switchover on purpose) and was happy to let the conversation end there and go get my sandwich and go back to work. The rep apparently was NOT happy to let it end there. He stood there and berated me for not wanting new Verizon equipment (calling my 2 week only Blackberry 8330 "substandard equipment") and told me in this economy it was my "duty" to save myself money with my discount. I reminded him that it would cost my 3 phones to do this AND that after my discount, I would probably be paying the same amount of money for the same type of plan I have now since the Verizon plans comparable to mine were higher. He rolled his eyes at me and called me "one of those"!

That treatment pretty much locked me into the fact that I will ride out the two years I am locked into my Alltel contract with NO new upgrades to Verizon.

Soooo, since Alltel phones will not be made anymore, will I be able to buy off Ebay or retail and activate with Verizon, or will I have to buy an unlock to activate it on my Alltel legacy plan? Cause son is due for an upgrade in February and I am not paying to switch all three lines then either. Might consider it in a year, but my local store would have to go a LONG way to win me over.
    07-16-09 04:03 PM
    Wow .................
    07-16-09 04:08 PM
    you shouldn't have to have an verizon plan or phone to be on the employee discount...i think because this is all new people are a little confused...you should be able to stay with your alltel contract and phones to get the discount...you have to do it online though through myverizon though because the stores don't have access to it..just follow the steps and it'll put it on there almost instantly...
    07-16-09 04:14 PM
    you shouldn't have to have an verizon plan or phone to be on the employee discount...i think because this is all new people are a little confused...you should be able to stay with your alltel contract and phones to get the discount...you have to do it online though through myverizon though because the stores don't have access to it..just follow the steps and it'll put it on there almost instantly...
    Nope, I have to go into the store with my paystub since we don't have corporate email. Tried that first, LOL.
    07-16-09 04:16 PM
    Yes I have the same situation. We have 4 phones 2 of which we renewed with Alltel in June. After registering for an employee discount online when we became Verizon it said that I could not receive it due to my current plan. So I called cs and was told the only way to receive the discount was to upgrade all 4 phones to verizon phones which they so generously would allow us to do. Well I guess so...4 phones at 1 time is a pretty steep investment. So my options at this point are to pay to upgrade all 4 phones now so they can give us a Verizon plan and then I can receive my corporate discount or use the phones we currently have and keep my Alltel plan with no discount which costs me more per month. Either way I pay.
    07-16-09 04:53 PM
    If you have the Alltel Smartchoice plans, you really aren't missing anything by not getting the discount. The Verizon plans are a little more expensive for the same features and the discount only brings them down to about what we are paying for Alltel without a discount. I'm not bothered a bit by not getting the discount.

On the other hand, I AM bothered by the fact that the next upgrade we can't just upgrade one phone ... it's all or nothing as the rep delighted in telling me.
    07-16-09 05:19 PM
    If you have the Alltel Smartchoice plans, you really aren't missing anything by not getting the discount. The Verizon plans are a little more expensive for the same features and the discount only brings them down to about what we are paying for Alltel without a discount. I'm not bothered a bit by not getting the discount.

On the other hand, I AM bothered by the fact that the next upgrade we can't just upgrade one phone ... it's all or nothing as the rep delighted in telling me.
    I am here in NC and I called Verizon bc my primary line is due for a upgrade in November and I asked if I upgraded would my two other lines require new equipment. I was told no that my other lines would not be required to get new equipment. I am interested in the Tour but definitely could not afford to purchase 3 new phones
    07-16-09 08:33 PM
    Did you tell them you were on an Alltel plan? Cause they answer changes quickly when you tell them that.
    07-16-09 08:40 PM
    Did you tell them you were on an Alltel plan? Cause they answer changes quickly when you tell them that.
    I stated that at the beginning of the conversation and asked the question again at the end of the conversation to be completely clear. The rep even stated that my plan wouldn't change even though I upgraded to the Tour. Now I don't know --- I might go into a Verizon store and ask someone there
    07-16-09 08:44 PM

Yeah it doe..

Anyways guys I just lost 200 bucks on my brand new blackberry they FUBAR so bad it wont work with data. So its 200 bucks to cancel, 200 for the phone they pretty much bricked data on and 200 for another smart phone with another company...

I contact the FCC to complain right?
    07-16-09 08:46 PM
    Change to GSM!?@! FTW
    07-16-09 08:54 PM
    Change to GSM!?@! FTW
    and get ****tier coverage, I think not
    07-16-09 10:14 PM
    Yeah GSM is ****ty...

I am switching to sprint. It is cheaper and uses all the same towers here in FL
    07-17-09 01:11 AM
    Yeah it doe..

Anyways guys I just lost 200 bucks on my brand new blackberry they FUBAR so bad it wont work with data. So its 200 bucks to cancel, 200 for the phone they pretty much bricked data on and 200 for another smart phone with another company...

I contact the FCC to complain right?
    Didn't you mention in a verizon thread that they told you the pin is registered on another network? Did you buy the phone from someone or did you buy it directly from altell? If you bought it from someone and the pin is registered somewhere else then its not verizon's fault. Is it possible also that you did get a bad phone? Did you try for a warranty replacement?

The story just sounds a little off, like there are a lot of details missing.

07-17-09 02:30 AM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD