This seems like the appropriate place to be more open with my cheer leading for Ting.

They now do GSM in addition to CDMA! I gave T-Mobile the boot and so far am incredibly happy. Best part: Totally open BYOD policy! If it's unlocked and clean (not stolen or whatever), it works!

I may have to stick with Sachesi for updates for my Z10 (T-Mobile unlocked), but that was the only way I was getting OS updates anyway.

I'm stoked to be able to buy my next device directly from BlackBerry and not have my carrier breathing down my neck, claiming a device is "unsupported" even though it clearly works. Whether or not I'll get the Priv is up in the air, but my options are totally open now.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 02:12 PM
    Cool. Did you have to put in any extra work to get data working? Does MMS (picture/group messaging) work?
    11-04-15 03:58 PM
    Cool. Did you have to put in any extra work to get data working? Does MMS (picture/group messaging) work?
    No extra work for Data functionality aside from rebooting my phone with the new SIM card in it after activation.
    MMS and group texts seem to work fine; I don't send them but my Sis constantly sends them to me.

Also, Ting gave the common disclaimer of the number porting / rollover possibly taking up to 24 hours to work, but we were both operational in less than 5 min.

Visual Voicemail isn't working (yet) despite technically being on the T-Mobile cellular network, but IIRC it took a few months for some odd reason after I got my Z10 when I was a T-Mobile customer. Ting says Visual Voicemail functionality is entirely dependent on your specific phone and GSM (T-Mobile network) or CDMA (Verizon network). In short, I still have "old school" Voicemail of course, that I just have to call. We'll see if the Visual Voicemail ever kicks in but it's hardly a deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 05:49 PM
    Just slapped my Ting sim into a vzw priv, seems to be working ok, Cell signal is intermittent in a high floor apartment where it was pretty solid on a GSM Passport previously but it offers me wifi calling which seems to be working well. No HD voice but the wifi call sounds good and it seems to be working ok for data down at the street level of the city. i just went back to my classic for my primary device on VZW but want to keep priving along for a few Android apps i need and see if marshmallow will bring me back to android once that drops. I still prefer BBOS10 over Lollipop for work flow and more elegant communications. I find on android I am less focused and it is just less intuitive for core business communications and functions.
    05-01-16 11:23 AM
    Maybe it was wifi - there is no data on the street for apps, i think it was working for a moment but i don't get a data connection now.
    05-02-16 11:29 PM
    I love Ting. I have been with them for almost 4 years now. My Z30 works flawlessly on their network. My bill is never more than 70.00 month either.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-16 08:06 PM