How did you do it? I tried to get them to put mine back since I have been paying 19.99 forever and they wouldn't because I upgraded the the 24.99 plan is now required when you upgrade your bb. Should I call and threaten to cancel my account? Is that the only way? I just ordered my 9700 last night and renewed my contract so I'm afraid if I call and threaten to close my account they 1. Might not think I'm serious since I just placed my order or 2. Might some how effect my order since it hasn't shipped yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 08:30 AM
    Update: I did call and threaten to cancel my service. I told them that I think it is messed up that I upgrade my phone and I have to pay 24.99 for a service that I have been getting for years for 19.99. It was easy. She made the change back for me within 5 minutes.

11-16-09 09:18 AM
    24.99 is nothing compared to the 50 I pay at AT&T.
    11-16-09 03:20 PM
    Yeah fifty for BIS and unlimited texting. I think BIS and unlimited texting for
    T-Mobile is thirty five bucks. I'm starting to strongly consider the switch.
    11-16-09 04:36 PM
    That's r a p e with no lube!
    11-16-09 05:17 PM
    Prices go up! Just becasue you have had it for many years does not mean they can not go up when you do a new contract!
    11-16-09 05:19 PM
    Prices go up! Just because you have had it for many years does not mean they can not go up when you do a new contract!
    Well.. they brought mine back down. And if you have a contract you are locked into paying right? well they are locked in to providing the service for the price you got it for when you signed the contract. When you renew the contract you're re locking everything in a lot of people have grandfathered plans/features that are not even available anymore... They gave me no problems about lowering it back to the 19.99. I've been a customer and BB user for 3 years and I'm sure they dont want to lose someone because of 5 bucks a month. Especially when I'm on a family plan (the old school plans no EM or EMP), unlimited texting, hotspot @ home, insurance on both lines.. So they would be losing a $150 a month customer for 5 bucks..
    11-16-09 06:14 PM
    do BB plans prices tend to go up or down over years?
    economically it should come down, isnt it?

11-16-09 07:39 PM
    do BB plans prices tend to go up or down over years?
    economically it should come down, isnt it?

Those economics only work when competition is around. Only 5 companies who agree on how to price things.
    11-16-09 11:47 PM
    I am considering upgrading to the 9700 but have read nothing but horror stories on here regarding the BIS plan. When I spoke to CS this morning she told me my plan would remain EXACTLY the same; I didn't even have to bring it up. I am also out of contract and eligible for a full upgrade. I was quoted $217.99 for the 9700. Is this good?

My current plan is 1,000 min for $39.99, $19.99 for BIS and 400 texts for $4.99. Monthly bill comes to $76 after insurance, taxes & fees.
    11-17-09 11:53 AM
    I went to a T-Mobile corporate store and found someone that was in the know and told them I want to use my upgrade discount and I wasn't going to do the upgrade if it meant losing my $19.99 BlackBerry data plan......they said no problem and fixed me up......that was on Monday and nothing has happened or changed on my original 19.99 plan. So I would suggest doing at a corporate store with a rep that has been around the block so to speak.
    11-18-09 04:42 PM
    I got switched over to the unlimited everything.Didn't think it would work with BB,but so far so good.
    11-18-09 11:12 PM
    I upgraded from my curve to the 9700 and they changed my BIS to the new price of 24.95 from the 19.95 I was paying. When I realized I called back and told them I expected the old price as that is what the rep who upgraded me stated. It took him a few minutes of checking but his supervisor was able to get me back on the 19.95 plan that I was originally on. Just keep calling til you get the right rep.

11-19-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD