I am currently a verizon customer for over ten years and I am thinking of switching to TMObile. Looking for input from current tmobile customers. I know verizon has better coverage but how bad could tmobile be? The new price plans are nice and priced well below verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 10:33 AM
    I've been w/ Tmo for over 5 years, and have not had any issues with them. The cs is great, the plans are very affordable and the coverage is pretty good. Where i live i get horrible coverage, but the UMA service is perfect. I travel out the country alot and use the wifi out the country and my bill stays exactly the same. Tmo has been great for me.. hopefully u give it a try and feel the same way.
    11-27-09 10:51 AM
    I've had no problems with T-Mobile. I've been with them for a long time. You can't beat the prices and the coverage works well around where I live.
    11-27-09 10:54 AM
    I left Verizon for Tmo 4 years ago and have been very happy with them.
    11-27-09 11:14 AM
    I am currently a verizon customer for over ten years and I am thinking of switching to TMObile. Looking for input from current tmobile customers. I know verizon has better coverage but how bad could tmobile be? The new price plans are nice and priced well below verizon.
    I love T-Mobile. Great company. Service here in Los Angeles is outstanding.

No carrier is for everyone and all carriers have their strong areas and their not so strong areas. Ask people where you live how T-Mobile's service is in your area just to make sure. This is always a good idea no matter which carrier you are looking at. And if the feedback is good, come on over.
    11-27-09 12:03 PM
    I've had Tmobile for 5 years and couldn't imagine switching to another company. Tmobile has really good prices, and though I have coverage issues in my apartment, I use the Wifi feature on my phone and don't have an issue with coverage outside of the home.
    11-27-09 12:48 PM
    Great company. Verizon may have us coverage, but unless you are in rural areas, all carriers will have coverage in most populated areas.

Besides the price and service, having a gsm carrier with coverage in the us and the rest of the world is much better than overpaying for service in some unknown town in the middle of nowhere!

11-27-09 12:51 PM
    UMA ftw. I switched my family to T-Mobile for the $10/mo Unlimited UMA Calling option. No more being the Minute Nazi. We've never gotten close to our 750 anytime minutes; my wife uses about 2000 daytime UMA minutes a month.

If I didn't have TMo, I'd have AT&T because I want a GSM carrier. I like the freedom of using any unlocked GSM phone, not just the limited selection the carrier offers. GSM carriers also support international roaming, as Axe pointed out. The big advantage of TMo over AT&T in this regard is the fact I can switch off my mobile network entirely and make UMA calls over the hotel WiFi anywhere in the world - no exorbitant roaming charges.

11-27-09 07:49 PM
    The big advantage of TMo over AT&T in this regard is the fact I can switch off my mobile network entirely and make UMA calls over the hotel WiFi anywhere in the world - no exorbitant roaming charges.
    Definitely a cool advantage for the big TMo.
    11-27-09 08:00 PM
    It all comes down to where you live. Where I am, for the most part, I have good coverage. At home I need UMA because I live near a lot of wooded areas. I also used to need UMA at work. Since I moved to a different building, I now get 4-5 bars of EDGE w/o any problems. I've been on vacation driving up and down the Eastern Seaboard and have had coverage the whole trip, roaming occasionally. The only area where every carrier has issues is in the Northern Poconos. Anything North of Stroudsburg is chalk full of dead zones for all carriers.

Check the coverage map and talk to people where you live that have T-Mobile. Then make your decision as to go with T-Mobile (the better financial, customer service choice) or another carrier. Whatever you do, leave the Big Red Empire ASAP!
    11-28-09 11:28 AM
    there was a buyers guide magazine that is out right now I just finished reading, it tested and scored all major cell phone carriers tech support over the phone, in-store, and threw chat/email, t-mobile scored the best. overall, t-mobile isn't for everyone before you switch ask around people who have the phone you want not some random samsung, due to each phones signal being different, also when someone says they hate t-mobile ask them why, and then think what could that person done to resolve the problem, alot of people blame the carrier because they've had 9 phones when it's really user error. if you plan to go with a blackberry ask t-mobile blackberry users how they like it, also check there coverage map on there website for your area, always take a bar or 2 off what it says, also if you have problems and must call in I suggest to be very patient with them they are very smart at times but the more patient you are with them usually the more they will bend over backwards to resolve or credit you. ( I work for there phone tech support) but I do have verizon because I've never had a problem in my area.
    11-28-09 04:16 PM
    I just switched from ATT after ten years+ with ATT. I just could not pass up on the new pricing plans from Tmo. Since the switch I have traveled throughout Florida and it works where ATT had coverage. 3G coverage is decent, weaker than ATT but that evens out with UMA. Where I live we had bad coverage inside the house, now with UMA I don't worry about losing the signal.
    11-28-09 04:53 PM
    I just switched from ATT after ten years+ with ATT. I just could not pass up on the new pricing plans from Tmo. Since the switch I have traveled throughout Florida and it works where ATT had coverage. 3G coverage is decent, weaker than ATT but that evens out with UMA. Where I live we had bad coverage inside the house, now with UMA I don't worry about losing the signal.
    With the HSPA+ being rolled out now and into next year, that should be cleared up with in no time.

----------------
    Now playing: BT - The Force of Gravity (BT Edit)
    via FoxyTunes
    11-28-09 05:36 PM
    ESN, What area are you in?
    11-28-09 07:14 PM
    I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and so far they are just great, great prices, customer service is awesome, between the 3G, UMA, EDGE and what not the coverage is good, ah.... did I mention customer service? can't tell about Verizon but coming from the worst customer service company I ever known, yes AT&T, now don't know how it can get any better !!!! just my 2 cents......
    11-28-09 07:38 PM
    Agreed. I have had no problems at all with Tmobile. A friend of mine had issues, but that stupid@ss never paid his bill! I have great service, a great device (9700) and the customer service rocks. Anytime I've had an issue, they fix it, and usually I get a credit to my account just for the inconveniece.
    11-28-09 09:16 PM
    I've been with t-mobile since 2002 and can positively say over the years their service has improved over time. They are also more affordable than other carriers including Verizon. I definitely give thumbs up to T-mobile
    11-28-09 10:15 PM
    i recently switched over from verizon to tmobile. i've had service basically everywhere in norther NJ suburbs/new york city. the service also has been good in the places i've visited (baltimore, chicago/suburbs, miami, etc)
    11-28-09 11:38 PM
    I've been with TMO since 11/2007. Wait! I just hit the two year anniversary with TMO. So far I've been very happy with the service. Customer service is by far the BEST. Prices are great in my opinion. As others have mentioned, talk to people who have TMO around your area and who have different devices like Blackberries, Samsungs, HTCs, etc. since signal varies by phone. Overall, I give TMO two thumbs up!
    11-29-09 10:29 AM
    UMA ftw. I switched my family to T-Mobile for the $10/mo Unlimited UMA Calling option. No more being the Minute Nazi. We've never gotten close to our 750 anytime minutes; my wife uses about 2000 daytime UMA minutes a month.

If I didn't have TMo, I'd have AT&T because I want a GSM carrier. I like the freedom of using any unlocked GSM phone, not just the limited selection the carrier offers. GSM carriers also support international roaming, as Axe pointed out. The big advantage of TMo over AT&T in this regard is the fact I can switch off my mobile network entirely and make UMA calls over the hotel WiFi anywhere in the world - no exorbitant roaming charges.

I looked on tmos web site I don't see uma calling. Will it work on any blackberry?

11-29-09 03:11 PM
    i've been using uma for 2 years...Cut my minute consumption by 2/3rds...Most calls made from home and/or work/airport.
    Any tmo blackberry introduced in last 2-3 years supports uma...tma, family texting, and bberries have my family connected all the time for minimal minutes...
    IMO it is UMA, customer service and pricing that makes tmo heads and shoulders above other carriers.
    Go tmo...you will not be sorry.

11-29-09 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD