Is there anything that can be said to fanagle my way to a better deal? ie. Have them input one of those old codes I'm always hearing about for a discount? What do yall suggest?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 05:10 PM
    Idk maybe just give them a call and be like hey I wanna open a contract with you to **** off att so gimme a free 8900. And maybe they'll do it.

05-22-09 01:42 AM
    Normally it is harder for a new customer to get the "better deals." because they don't know how long people are gonna stay with the company. but t-mobile rates are cheaper =D
    05-22-09 02:43 AM
    Don't do it T-mobile sucks, their customer service is horrible. You can forget about trying to get a deal. Even with WiFi I still experience an exceedingly high amount of drop calls and I live in a major city. I've had my Blackberry replaced 4 times because they keep sending me refurbished phones that don't work and I paid for a new one. All of this and I've only been with them for 5 months and that's not all of the problems I've experienced with them, and now I'm stuck in a contract. So I repeat DON'T DO IT! The grass is not greener on T-mobile side.
    Last edited by cowell; 05-22-09 at 03:09 AM. Reason: additional comment
    05-22-09 03:06 AM
    been with them for going on 7 years had no problems with mine check ur area where u live first and for most
    05-22-09 03:12 AM
    Definitely check the coverage map for your area. I switched from Sprint to T-Mo, fully aware of the dead spot along my daily train ride. The inexpensive voice and data plans, and Unlimited UMA option, won me over.

05-24-09 09:06 PM
    I was ony with TMo for about 7 nonths when they bought out Suncom and it was horrible. CS bites, my inet was always going out as well as the service in general and there's no excuse for that since they have a tower on top of our hospital. I went to AT&T from them. They also wouldn't offer my Suncom plan anymore after I had been with them for close to 8 years.

05-24-09 10:02 PM
    I wish that people telling others to check the coverage map would know the maps are useless. I dunno if tmo has a 30 trial period or something. If they do, get a phone drive around all day checking reception, making calls. If it works, switch to tmo. If it doesn't don't.

05-25-09 11:07 AM
    Don't do it T-mobile sucks, their customer service is horrible. You can forget about trying to get a deal. Even with WiFi I still experience an exceedingly high amount of drop calls and I live in a major city. I've had my Blackberry replaced 4 times because they keep sending me refurbished phones that don't work and I paid for a new one. All of this and I've only been with them for 5 months and that's not all of the problems I've experienced with them, and now I'm stuck in a contract. So I repeat DON'T DO IT! The grass is not greener on T-mobile side.
    I am sorry to say, but that is just your opinion. T-mobile has far better CS than AT&T does, and I had AT&T for 5 years. I have great service, especially over UMA, unless I am in an area even AT&T has lousy service on. I am saving a ton of money compared to what I was paying for on AT&T. They have been nothing but helpful in replacing a faulty battery, or phone under warranty. I would advise this person to do a trial run on T-mobile(14 days), and determine how well T-mobile works for THEM.
    05-25-09 11:34 AM
    Is there anything that can be said to fanagle my way to a better deal? ie. Have them input one of those old codes I'm always hearing about for a discount? What do yall suggest?

Look the best thing to do before you decide to make a switch just ask people with AT&T what the ccoverage is like in your area. As far as the codes if it is an older code that has been grandfathered out then no you cannot get that. Just call them up and see what offer they can make you. All in all it is going to come down to coverage.
    05-25-09 11:39 AM
    I have been with T-mobile since 2002! I am very happy with them I love their customer service and I never have any trouble with dropped calls. The CS department is the easiest to work with and they will give great deals.
    05-27-09 06:44 AM
    T-Mobile is great. I have 2 dead spots in my college town, but it's not a big deal, since I'm able to roam on AT&T network. I'm saving a lot of money with them and I can even make calls over Wi-Fi, so that makes up for it, imo.
    05-27-09 09:41 AM
    sounds like user error
    05-27-09 10:24 AM
    My GF's been with T-Mobile forever and has no problems with them. I tried them for about 3 days and switched back to ATT. For me, the data coverage area was crap. Where I would have full bars of 3G with ATT I would barely have GPRS on T-Mobile, despite what their coverage map shows. Try them out for the 14 day trial and see if they work for you. As far as deals go, they already have much better rates but I also got an 8900 for a penny from the store. I asked if they would price match the amazon offer that's online

05-27-09 10:40 AM
    If there coverage is good where you are you cant beat there prices. I wish ATT had there data plan/text prices. Unfortunately, the area in which I live has horrible tmobile service.

I have been very happy with ATT but would love to see them lower there prices to match tmobiles.
    05-27-09 11:24 AM
    My opinion?

DO NOT go with them. I had them since they were OMNIPOINT. You'd think for being a loyal customer for over 10 years they would be giving me discounts left and right? Nope. Bringing my whole family to T-mobile? Nope still none. Seriously stay away from them. Horrible service, customer service, and phones. I've had dropped calls all over, whether it be in new york, Driving back to florida (going through the states), or even in florida. Texts that dont even go through.

When i was leaving them they wanted to upgrade my phones. They offered us **** phones. Sorry but i cant stand T-Mobile. So many hiddens charges had to pay. There all a bunch of thieves and liars.

Im on verizon now, granted i have to pay more, but when im not having an issue with the phone service is excellent. Never had a drop call on my end.
    05-27-09 11:49 AM
    I would say do the switch if you are planning on paying less for your rates. Also, I currently have AT&T and T-Mobile. Been with T-Mobile since they were voicestream, and needless to say, I'm going to be cancelling my AT&T plan because I get worse coverage in my area with it. When I was using the G1, I would get 3G coverage with T-Mobile and no dropped calls, and being with AT&T for the first month, I've been getting dropped calls and NO 3G Coverage at all.
    05-27-09 02:12 PM
    Do Not Go To T-mobile. It's Cheap But You Get What You Pay For, Baaaaaad Service, And On A Bb You'll Just Want To Pull Your Hair Out!
    05-28-09 08:56 AM
    I'm so tired of people saying you get what you pay for.

05-28-09 07:35 PM
    I have every carrier but Sprint. With 4000 devices, I can safely say AT&T, T-Mobile, & Verizon CS sucks. Threaten to pull your corporate account and wheels start moving to get your problems fixed.

T-Mobile is last for me currently since our 8820s are very buggy with the *new* 4.5. Our 8800 series on the other carriers are rock solid with this release. That means I have almost 250 users that I cannot remotely set passwords, etc due to content encryption.
    05-29-09 07:15 PM
    JD Power and Consumer Reports says T-Mobile is top notch. Coverage with all carriers are almost all equal. Sure, you'll know where your dead spots are, but everyone has them. I've had TMO for almost 5 yrs and love em. I have traveled all over the US and rarely a problem. I do admit that the first couple of yrs was rough with coverage, but they have all that worked out. Verizon and AT&T have great marketing. They preach the word of coverage, and consumers buy into it. Never had a problem with customer care. Most of my friends and family have switch to TMO as well. If 3G is a concern, TMO should have most of the US lit up by the end of 09.

So in my opinion, Yes make the switch.

Better Customer Service
    Lower Rates
    Dependable Coverage (yes I travel the US)
    05-30-09 12:02 AM
    Let me say that I am having my first customer service issue with tmobile and it really is 90% my fault. Tmobile is awsome! The CS at TMO is absolutely the best! also, switch to Tmobile and save yourself some money. Some other AT&T customers here in CB seem to be paying more than TMO customers. Coverage has not been an issue, even if I can't get a good signal, UMA comes to the rescue!
    05-30-09 01:51 AM
    Everyone has some coverage holes and bad CS reps, there is no perfect answer to your question. Here is my perspective:
    TMO does things different and price is my first look, I have been with them for 6 years. So that is 3, 2yr contracts. CS has always been helpful with my problems, billing not so friendly. Coverage, I have used here in the states and international. I have had AT&T via my wife's job. AT&T get the cool new blackberry first because they have a huge market. My big gripe is that TMO is not tied into the global GPS frequency as ATT is. They have 3G but it is 1700 that no one uses but them. So I buy my "Global" version of blackberry and use it with EDGE on TMO and get the benefit of a better price package. When I am off shore I get the other 3G and cant really tell that much difference. If high speed data is your bag, stick with ATT they are going to increase theirs. I dont think TMO is, but I buy on price and service, and TMO fits my bill. If I lived up north then it would be ATT. I am in Texas so I stick with TMO,
    05-30-09 10:56 AM
    So I made the switch about two days making the op. So far I'm loving tmobile, better service/bars, waaay better CS, and I'm now saving 30 a month compared to att. Pluus I'm on charles barkeleys network-which helps me sleep at night...

05-31-09 02:42 AM
    I am looking to switch as well. Everyone I know who has TMO here loves it and I will save $60 a month.

Can someone document their experience in switching from ATT 2 TMO? Was there any problems with ATT?
    06-02-09 08:26 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD