Ok guys. All of you who know me know that I have been with Verizon for YEARS and have never considered switching. EVER.

That being said, for the last three or four months, my bills have suddenly went from $175/month, to over $400/month. Every time I call in, different reps give me different stories. No one can explain to me why my bills are so high, and they all use the excuse that I have a forwarded balance from months previous. I always pay my bill in full and on-time, so there is no way I could possibly have past due balances forwarded. To top it off, Verizon disconnected both my lines last weekend. When I called in to find out why my account was suspended, the supervisor I spoke to said it shouldn't have been, and that he would credit me all the reconnect fees. Well, that never happened.

Bottom line is I'm tired of being told different things by different reps, being lied to, and being overcharged. I am getting ready to switch over to ATT. Am I overreacting, or do I have solid ground to cancel my contract and switch carriers?
    09-18-08 09:28 AM
    Wont be any better with ATT, and no 3G BB til possibly Nov is insane.....

Plus ATT's Network is in the tank, right now.
    09-18-08 09:36 AM
    I've never used either jenay, so I'm going to stay out of it. Just wanted to say good luck. I know it's frustrating.
    09-18-08 09:36 AM
    I was actually thinking of going with the iphone. I know, I know..

I just want to ensure att doesn't pull bs like vzw is. Sigh..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-08 09:43 AM
    it's understandable... i had problems with verizon about 7 years ago when i first switched away from them. they're on a very short leash with me as i have them as a second provider right now.

but in my family's experience, AT&T was nothing but billing errors... constantly. i have a few friends with them who call monthly to have billing errors corrected. they never give them any grief about it, taking full responsibility, but it's the fact that they have to call every single billing cycle. what's sad is that these friends feel that the iphone is worth the headache to them, so more power to them i guess.

just be ready with the termination fee, since they always treat you well the first 30 days, then the mysterious crap starts to happen. also consider all the providers at this point that provide service in your area.
    09-18-08 09:50 AM
    Wow jenay! I regard you as the resident VZW BB expert on this site but do not fault you for considering the change. Sure hope you stay with a BB.
    Good luck.

09-18-08 09:50 AM
    I've always been a berry user, but I wanted to try the iPhone. I didn't like the phone or AT&T.

When I signed up for verizon, I got unlimited txting because I have teenagers. Well when I added my berry they for some odd reason took the unlimited txting off. So the following month I got a bill for 1800$. I called them and it took a few days, but they fixed it.
    09-18-08 09:55 AM
    Thanks for your responses.

I have heard numerous stories about billing errors as well. However, it sounds as if att actualy corrects their errors, whereas vzw is unwilling to help. So perhaps att is the lesser of two evils?

I also have a good friend who is a regional manager for att. Perhaps this will help if I run into issues??

09-18-08 09:58 AM
    Jenaywins, I would head over to Consumerist.com to see how to send vzw an executive email carpet bomb. This will most certainly solve your billing problems.

09-18-08 09:59 AM

I also have a good friend who is a regional manager for att. Perhaps this will help if I run into issues??

name dropping will only get you a red mark on your account and the rudest of CS agents.
    Wow jenay! I regard you as the resident VZW BB expert on this site but do not fault you for considering the change. Sure hope you stay with a BB.
    Good luck.

Lol thanks. I've been with them forever. I'm just at the end of my rope with this ish.

*wow* That is horrible... and I never thought I would ever hear you say anything like this! Jenay is always pro-VZW... but with such horrible service like that and lies out the a$$, I would wanna switch too!!
    09-18-08 10:02 AM
    Oakie, I meant perhaps just going through him, not name dropping because you are right - it gets you know where.

And what the h is a carpet bomb?!

09-18-08 10:03 AM
    *wow* That is horrible... and I never thought I would ever hear you say anything like this! Jenay is always pro-VZW... but with such horrible service like that and lies out the a$$, I would wanna switch too!!
    Hah I know, I know. I've never ever had issues with vzw. Ever! I can't believe I wrote this myself....

09-18-08 10:04 AM
    A few years ago I was on autopay with Verizon and it didn't charge my CC. So, I called and asked what was wrong and they said it was some mistake and that they would waive the late fee and it would debit 2 months the next time around. Then, of course, it didn't work again. Again, they waived the fees and I would have to pay 3 months at once. Then one day in the middle of the next month, they shut off my phone.

I called and the first thing I said to the lady is that I have been trying to give them money for 3 months and I can't imagine how they could have the nerve to cut off my phone. I can't complain that they didn't fix all the errors, but it was a hassle to get it straight.

I considered switching at that point, but everyone I know who has AT&T has had issues like this at least once a year along with serious signal problems in certain areas around here.
    09-18-08 10:06 AM
    Yeah I'm also worried about signal strength. Vzw is unrivaled, IMHO, as far as that goes......

09-18-08 10:11 AM
    I would definately recommend sending an executive an email first. I had to do this about four years ago and ended up getting two free phones out of it. I would go this route before switching to ATT, not a big fan of them.

09-18-08 10:24 AM
    Oakie, I meant perhaps just going through him, not name dropping because you are right - it gets you know where.

And what the h is a carpet bomb?!

in a previous job, my RM's did not have access to accounts. they would help out friends and family by directing a CS agent via email. when we promote them to RM, they get promoted away from the grunt work, and usually a CS agent isnt the fast track to management beyond the call center.
    09-18-08 10:24 AM
    Wow jenay. I'm sorry to hear this and that must be brutal beign overcharged. I hope you solve this issue.the only error on my billing I got was $3.00 when it shouldve been 65 because I get mail and minutes from tmo. I never said anything and gladly paid the 3 bucks. After that it was in its 60's again.

Even if you switch you will encounter problems in other carriers. Sometimes I get frustrated with tmo but again its the same with other. Carriers.

Last edited by thepreciousone; 09-18-08 at 10:30 AM.
    09-18-08 10:28 AM
    Hmm. How long does it generally take to see results from sending a corporate email? Are these results generally more beneficial than escalating to a call centre sup?

09-18-08 10:44 AM
    Hmm. How long does it generally take to see results from sending a corporate email? Are these results generally more beneficial than escalating to a call centre sup?

check out The Consumerist: Shoppers Bite Back and type in "verizon wireless carpet bomb" in their search box.
    09-18-08 10:45 AM
    Have you tried going to a corporate store near you? I would go there and raise ****..being with them for 7 yrs and paying $100 plus makes you a Verizon VIP customer....and you should leverage that...one thing about verizon is, their coverage is superb and above par - that's the only reason I will stay with them.

Also, my wife has AT&T...so many dropped calls even when there is a full signal - there ad line is true - there ARE more bars in more places, but the calls keep dropping! That and they are pretty much inflexible when it comes to CS; I have had to call them so many times for such trivial issues.

Lastly, if nothing works, have you considered TMobile? They are rolling out with network upgrades (EDGE or 3G, I forget) and their CS is unrivaled - I know since I have been with ALL of the carriers.

Hope you find a solution to this - I know how badly this situation sucks.
    09-18-08 10:53 AM
    Thanks for your responses.

I have heard numerous stories about billing errors as well. However, it sounds as if att actualy corrects their errors, whereas vzw is unwilling to help. So perhaps att is the lesser of two evils?

ATT habitually screws up my bills, but they always fix it and credit me something. Good luck.

09-18-08 11:00 AM
    Wow that really sucks! I hope you get it all figured out.

Have you tried requesting a ticket number when calling in? Usually most companies will put everything in a ticket to keep track of whats going on. That way if you do talk to a supervisor that is not a a-hole they know you have been experiencing on going issues.

Good Luck!
    09-18-08 11:11 AM
    Have you tried going to a corporate store near you? I would go there and raise ****..being with them for 7 yrs and paying $100 plus makes you a Verizon VIP customer....and you should leverage that...one thing about verizon is, their coverage is superb and above par - that's the only reason I will stay with them.

Also, my wife has AT&T...so many dropped calls even when there is a full signal - there ad line is true - there ARE more bars in more places, but the calls keep dropping! That and they are pretty much inflexible when it comes to CS; I have had to call them so many times for such trivial issues.

Lastly, if nothing works, have you considered TMobile? They are rolling out with network upgrades (EDGE or 3G, I forget) and their CS is unrivaled - I know since I have been with ALL of the carriers.

Hope you find a solution to this - I know how badly this situation sucks.
    Tmo has honestly never been an option to me. I know to many people with bad coverage where I live.

09-18-08 11:11 AM
167 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD