Hi

I currently I have the HTC Diamond and getting sick of it. I am really interested in getting the Blackberry Curve 8330 (Inferno Colored) off eBay.

My question is: Do I have to upgrade my plan? I think I currently have the Fair and Flexible plan (I think thats what its called). I have unlimited text and internet. I read somewhere about a BB Plan? 30 bucks a month??

Thanks
    12-20-09 09:33 PM
    they will prob try to get you to go with an everything plan
    12-20-09 10:08 PM
    An everything plan???? Are you serious???
    12-20-09 10:36 PM
    yea, If your on the fair and flex plan (thats where you pay x amount for extra minutes right?) they will make you upgrade your plan OR pay the $30 a month BB plan.. which its cheaper to just get a new plan....

If you upgrade it's in the contract you have to update your plan anyways if your on an older plan
    12-20-09 10:45 PM
    yea, If your on the fair and flex plan (thats where you pay x amount for extra minutes right?) they will make you upgrade your plan OR pay the $30 a month BB plan.. which its cheaper to just get a new plan....

If you upgrade it's in the contract you have to update your plan anyways if your on an older plan
    Ok, I will go to Sprint tommorow and talk to them. I'm not sure how much I pay a month right now with my family. I hope if I have to upgrade, it won't be more expensive than my current plan.

And what do you mean with your last sentence?
    12-21-09 12:25 AM
    Sprint is effing GAY!

Right now, with my family, I'm paying only 10 bucks a month. If I get the blackberry, I have to upgrade to a freaking 70 dollar plan. ***! What phone can I upgrade to without getting screwed over???
    12-21-09 01:39 PM
    Sprint is effing GAY!

Right now, with my family, I'm paying only 10 bucks a month. If I get the blackberry, I have to upgrade to a freaking 70 dollar plan. ***! What phone can I upgrade to without getting screwed over???
    keep calling different reps and try to see if you can just get the $30 BB plan... but i dont know your plan n etc.. but it was worth my family plan into changing to a everything data plan. i use to pay those $30 extra before. But now i pay less by getting a family data plan
    12-21-09 02:47 PM
    - anything but a bb, or anything that doesn't require an "anything" plan (instinct does, and there are some others)

but if your only paying $10/mo vs $70/mo, it's your call as to what is more important at this point in time, money or upgrade, etc. But from what I hear they are trying to stick most new smartphones on the SEP plans.
    Last edited by ekz13; 12-21-09 at 03:49 PM.
    12-21-09 03:47 PM
    - anything but a bb, or anything that doesn't require an "anything" plan (instinct does, and there are some others)
    all smartphones from what i know require a data plan from now on?....
    12-21-09 03:48 PM
    Sure mr post 1
    LOL, Jon Huff = Scammer, Agreed.

And why would I call several sprint reps waiting for one of them to offer me the 30 BB Plan when I don't even have the phone? And when I'm done with my diamond, I'm gonna hand it off to a sibling. So my sibling will have to upgrade to a data plan. I think I'm going to end up doing a share data plan where everyone in the family upgrades.

Anyways, I'm going to sprint today. Wish me luck
    12-21-09 04:45 PM
    Good News!!!

Just came back from sprint. They said I can simply get the 30 dollar blackberry plan. They said its only a few bucks more than my current plan.
    Looks like I will be a Inferno Colored Blackberry Curve owner soon!
    12-21-09 08:01 PM
    Do you guys recommend buying it for 200 on ebay with NO contract or 50 dollars at the sprint store with a 2 year contract?
    12-21-09 08:52 PM
    get the one from sprint and get the insurance
    i got a phone of ebay before and it worked for 2 weeks
    if the one from sprint brakes they just send a remanufactured one in the mail in 2 days
    i am on my 3rd bb in one year
    12-22-09 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD