I would say in a way i am lucky that i did not transfer to their new phones. I was tempted to get the new bold, but after hearing the comments. I would say i love my Curve and i would upgrade it to tour.

Charging for US smses is getting a bit ridiculous. No one offered that but TELUS, they are taking this feature away from them. So how are they different from other competitors?

For a change i am a bit disappointed with their new charges. I hope something is done about this.

Probably, people who own the new phone, on the new network can explain better? What all is changed Is it just the sms charges? Do they have unlimited data? Unlimited texting? What are the changes.
    11-25-09 03:31 PM
    Probably, people who own the new phone, on the new network can explain better? What all is changed Is it just the sms charges? Do they have unlimited data? Unlimited texting? What are the changes.

NO unlimited data, everything has changed... go to their website. Look around!!!
    11-25-09 03:41 PM
    I would say in a way i am lucky that i did not transfer to their new phones. I was tempted to get the new bold, but after hearing the comments. I would say i love my Curve and i would upgrade it to tour.

Charging for US smses is getting a bit ridiculous. No one offered that but TELUS, they are taking this feature away from them. So how are they different from other competitors?

For a change i am a bit disappointed with their new charges. I hope something is done about this.

the new network has a few bugs but it is so much better places were my cdma phone would not work or only had a few bars of signal, well not that gone, my bold has never droped below all 5 bars sence i had it. i use to go into buildings with alot of steel and concreat and just stuff that would interfear with the signal so id get like2 or 3 bars of signal on cdma now i got there with my hspa bold and i have full signal all the time. so its up to you what you do and to each his/her own.

lets put it this way cdma is a 1990 ford tempo and hspa is a 2010 SL 500 mercedes, now both cars will get you were ya want to go but the mercedes will get ya there faster and safer and in style hahahaha much better devieces with hspa
    11-25-09 05:34 PM
    Not what the Telus REPS reported to me. They told me the CDMA network is every bit as good as the HSPA and that there was no difference. The only reason they actually went to HSPA(according to the rep) was because during the olympics rogers would have all the roaming from visiting countries and that would be big bucks to miss out on!!
    11-25-09 08:25 PM
    Not what the Telus REPS reported to me. They told me the CDMA network is every bit as good as the HSPA and that there was no difference. The only reason they actually went to HSPA(according to the rep) was because during the olympics rogers would have all the roaming from visiting countries and that would be big bucks to miss out on!!
    thats is true but hspa is faster and better coverage and also strengthm and im sure there may be more but in the end hspa is better.
    11-25-09 08:28 PM
    now being on HSPA I would never ever ever go back. The signal strengh, call quality and speed are WORLDS better then what I had on my storm. I'm paying more a month for a "lesser" plan but worth every penny.
    11-25-09 09:40 PM
    I just switched from bb storm on telus to 9700 and its working really well! Network is fast and call quality is better. I'm very happy with my decision!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 06:41 AM
    now being on HSPA I would never ever ever go back. The signal strengh, call quality and speed are WORLDS better then what I had on my storm. I'm paying more a month for a "lesser" plan but worth every penny.
    ya same here, im paying more for a little less(not much) but its so worth it!
    11-26-09 06:52 AM
    Telus employees stay off the consumer chat!!! ; )

Be danmed if ill ever give up my unlimited data. They'll have to keep CDMA turned on for me for ever...
    11-26-09 05:07 PM
    ^lol I agree I have no compliants about CDMA never really had any dropped calls
    11-27-09 09:36 AM
    Telus employees stay off the consumer chat!!! ; )

Be danmed if ill ever give up my unlimited data. They'll have to keep CDMA turned on for me for ever...
    Good luck with that.

I'm now paying less per month with a better phone and faster network. If your existing plan sucks or isn't right for you, you'd be wise to see what they're offering. Or hold out for Dave Wireless, in case they can still launch. If Telus feels threatened, sweeter plans will come out.
    11-27-09 08:16 PM
    I totally agree ,switching to the new hspa network, worth
    every penny ,I switch from the storm to the iPhone 3gs ,never been
    so happy with it,no more os problems ,no more low bar signals,no more
    drop calls ..weather is a bb or the iPhone the new network is amazing ,blazing speed n awesome wifi conections,so I say if ur still using CDMA ur using old technology ..
    11-27-09 11:19 PM
    This proves you're all Telus employees.... : )

As i mentioned in another post.... for $40/month + SAF and tax i get:

-UNLIMITED DATA, email, and text messaging
    -Fav 5 with
    -250 anytime mins
    -unlimited nights and weekends
    -Caller ID, waiting, conference
    -Voice mail with 10 message capacity.
    ...and a few other features i don't use...

EVERY HSPA thread started on here, and looking at the telus site... TO GET MUCH MUCH LESS I'd have to pay MORE THAN DOUBLE .... about $80 to $90 a month!

Sorry... but Telus upgraded their system after 15 or so years, as most companies across any service platform has to do at some point. They want to give you LESS and charge you MORE.

....for what? A new service they had to upgrade anyways? I'm happy with CDMA, i never drop calls, and my data streams to me just fine, thank you.

...Telus reps stay off the consumer chat!
    11-28-09 09:01 AM
    If I was a telus rep, my old plan would have been as good or better than yours, lol.
    You have a great plan. I didn't.
    I had never heard about L&R until I came to CB.
    I also didn't know to monitor carriers web sites to take advantage of things like the old $15.00 unlimited data plan.
    I'm now a better informed consumer, and I'll take advantage of promotional offers that benefit me.
    11-28-09 12:27 PM
    If you didn't have unlimited data before the new network came out then there is no reason to stick around with CDMA... I had 500mb of data on my curve and that was more than enough. Now with my HSPA plan I have 1gb of data and I pay $1 less a month. I have the same options I had with my CDMA plan.

Pretty easy decision for me. I rock an unlocked robbers bold and I always have full signal strength and the data speeds are much better.
    11-28-09 12:55 PM
    ^^^ If it makes sense why not?.... in my case, it's dumb to switch.
    11-28-09 04:42 PM
    I dunno why everyone is making such big deal about this unlimited data thing not transferring over.

With wifi you pretty much don't need unlimited data. The only place that I ever spend any considerable time that doesn't have wifi is my car and no one really surfs the web in their car. Even if you bus that not much time you spend away from wifi. If you live in any metropolitan area wifi is everywhere.

That and the new hspa network is so much faster than cdma. Just waiting for crap to load on cdma was a pain in the ***, now with the hspa network things are almost wifi speeds.

I dunno about you guys but after the switch I've used 1/2 as much data but I've been using my internet 3-4x more. Wifi itself is worth the switch.
    11-29-09 09:38 PM
    ^^^ Only one (maybe two) phones in the entire line up has Wifi.... so right there, you're argument is irrelevant. Not to mention Wifi is only prevalent in homes and offices ( and particular 'with-it' retail establishments). Wifi isn't everywhere nor is it close to being convenient yet.

Speed? I can google, check all the sites i manage, and stream video/radio just fine with CDMA.

Point is; HSPA is where Telus' needs to be to keep up with their competitors. Upgrading systems is a part of every business. Penalizing their highest value customers because they have to pay off their new infrastructure is wrong.
    11-29-09 11:08 PM
    I wrestled with this issue for a while. I have the all-in-one plan for $99. I have decided to sell my Storm2 and get a Bold2. My initial rational for the Storm2 was that I was a Storm user and not wanting to loose my unlimited data and 1250 minutes plus, plus plus. After reviewing my use of my storm over the last year including a 2.5 hours commute each way I realized I was never over 1gb of data. So after talking with loyalty I am going to loose 100 minutes and be limited to 3gb for 10 bucks a month cheaper. To me it made sense. If you are abusing the unlimited data plan then you are not going to like the switch, nor are we going to like you taking our bandwidth.
    11-30-09 12:05 AM
    ^^^ Only one (maybe two) phones in the entire line up has Wifi.... so right there, you're argument is irrelevant. Not to mention Wifi is only prevalent in homes and offices ( and particular 'with-it' retail establishments). Wifi isn't everywhere nor is it close to being convenient yet.

Speed? I can google, check all the sites i manage, and stream video/radio just fine with CDMA.

Point is; HSPA is where Telus' needs to be to keep up with their competitors. Upgrading systems is a part of every business. Penalizing their highest value customers because they have to pay off their new infrastructure is wrong.
    Actually all 4 of the new hspa phones have wifi. The other 3, the iPhones, also all have wifi. So if you switch, you get wifi. So maybe check next time??

Well people spend most of their day at home or at work, so if it's really that important for you to have unlimited data for the extra little bit of the day where you can't access wifi then I guess my bad.
    Last edited by Twigs; 11-30-09 at 01:54 AM.
    11-30-09 01:47 AM
    I quit telus home line after. They wanted to charge me a extra fee for access to long distance (without my permission) I call that stealing. If telus is pulling these kinds of stunts with 30year customers ,then everyone should beware of Telus. And the second biggest scam is sms texting ,quit it its all email now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 02:17 AM
    Actually all 4 of the new hspa phones have wifi. The other 3, the iPhones, also all have wifi. So if you switch, you get wifi. So maybe check next time??

Well people spend most of their day at home or at work, so if it's really that important for you to have unlimited data for the extra little bit of the day where you can't access wifi then I guess my bad.

Convenient you left out it's more than DOUBLE what i pay every month.

Thanks though. I'll stick with my $40 unlimited / Fav-5 with more than ample speeds.
    11-30-09 09:13 PM
    okay i have used both networks and seriously there is not much difference. If you want to look @ bars 24 / 7 and compare the network bars then i dont know what to say. When i went to telus, to get my Curve, 5 months ago they kept on saying CDMA is better than any system, and umm i have not faced any problems until now with my telephone .
    12-01-09 06:14 PM
    ^^ i would like to add here. If telus starts playing games and do all that what rogers and fido is doing rite now, then its no good. They should stick with their old plans and offerings. It should just be NETWORK change not the plan and price changes.
    12-01-09 06:15 PM
    Convenient you left out it's more than DOUBLE what i pay every month.

Thanks though. I'll stick with my $40 unlimited / Fav-5 with more than ample speeds.
    Well I saved about 15$ a month after the switch. So it made sense for me. You do have a sweet plan, so obviously you aren't switching.

I think the biggest misconception out there is how much people actually use their phone. I like my phone and I use it much more than most people do, but when you take the time to check your usage, you'd be surprised at how little most people use.

To use even 1gig of data on a phone, and if you are mainly using it for messaging (emails, facebook, gtalk, etc) you really have to be on like 24/7.
    12-01-09 07:25 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD