So I just got my new 9700 on bell. Switched from rogers. Is there any way to receive my emails/notifications faster? Cause on my 9000 on rogers it receives almost instantly. On my 9700 I get them seconds, half the time minutes later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 06:22 PM
    Would depend on what email provider(s) you're using. And whether you're using BIS strictly or are connected to a BES. If you're on a BES you should receive mail instantly. If you're on BIS and using gmail you should receive mail instantly. If you're using an account on your carrier's blackberry.net subdomain you should receive mail instantly.

If you're using other email providers, or hosting providers, your performance will vary, and could be up to 15 minutes, since BIS is designed to poll your mail server every 15 minutes to see if there's new mail.
    11-28-09 06:35 PM
    Ok. Here's another noob question. How am I able to use BIS or BES?

11-28-09 07:32 PM
    Ok. Here's another noob question. How am I able to use BIS or BES?

BES is enterptise, your IT dept would set it up for you at your employer if they have it, BUS is for personal emails. Its setting up emails on your BB using the email setup on your device. Do a search of the forums or google for more info.

11-30-09 11:30 AM
    I have 5 email accounts on my Tour and my Bell email is by far the slowest one. It does take somtimes 10 mins plus to receive my email on my phone. Funny coming from a company now claiming to have the fastest network.
    11-30-09 12:54 PM
    Do you find that BBM messages are delayed for ya? I do.. :\
    12-03-09 04:36 AM
    Rogers emails/messaging is way faster than Bell.

12-03-09 10:46 PM
    Not sure if it's illegal to link another message board, but I have been having this problem:

Bell - Data Problem - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Anyone else? Any tips?
    12-16-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD