The only one I've been able to get it Verizon's own crappy instant messenging client which charges you a text message for every IM. I want the regular AIM client which uses your data plan. It looks to be available for AT&T customers but not VZW. Anybody get this to work?
    07-30-08 08:59 AM
    I don't think it'll work until verizon makes it available. PPl say something about jive talk etc. I'm not into it but you can check it out - other than that looks like we will have to wait.
    07-30-08 10:18 AM
    Beejive (aka JiveTalk), Instango, Mundu, Webmessenger. Just to name a few alternatives. Beejive being the crowd favorite of course.
    07-30-08 10:21 AM
    Is there a IM that is not a text on VZW? What about Windows Messenger- does that count as texts?
    07-30-08 10:29 AM
    Yahoo Windows Life and Gtalk all use data if you download the actual app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 12:48 PM
    All instant messages on the VZW IM app count as text, no matter what service you use. Almost all other services like JiveTalk or WebMessenger use data, not text.

Paul
    07-30-08 01:02 PM
    what's the most popular free IM client?

i don't want to pay for beejive.
    07-30-08 01:19 PM
    anyone????
    07-30-08 04:35 PM
    probably webmessenger? i dont know how to determine most popular though. I tried it, and didn't care for it's interface.

I've been test-driving palringo, which seems to do the same things beejive does, but without the cost. the jury is still out, but it is free.
    07-30-08 05:08 PM
    Is there a IM that is not a text on VZW? What about Windows Messenger- does that count as texts?
    All the ones I listed use data.

Beejive is worth the money.
    07-30-08 08:18 PM

Here's a free one for you.

WebMessenger Inc.
    07-30-08 08:51 PM
    Beejive is worth the money. Not everything in life is free. If you want a solid application that uses data then you're going to have to pay up.

07-30-08 09:38 PM
    Beejive is worth the money. Not everything in life is free. If you want a solid application that uses data then you're going to have to pay up.

No disagreements here - I'm demo-ing beejive and palringo simultaneously - and beejive is great. But how does beejive compare to web messenger? is it that much better? (i haven't used WM, but figured it would be overkill to try all 3 at the same time)
    07-30-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD