I have a few questions about unlocking a Verizon Storm:
    1. Can I free to use a SIM purchased in any foreign country in that country?
    2. Could it cause any issues on Verizon service in US?
    Thanks!
    01-24-10 09:20 PM
    1. You can use a SIM in any country as long as the phone is unlocked. Just make sure that they have data available if you want your emails, etc. If all you want is voice and SMS, you're all good to go.

2. It shouldn't, but if you want to double check you can always call Verizon and ask to make sure there should be no fees/other issues.
    01-24-10 09:33 PM
    I unlocked my phone by calling Verizon. I have yet to use a Sim card in it, but since unlocking it I haven't had any issues with my normal service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 10:13 PM
    I have my phone unlocked and have not experianced any issues that were not already present. You can use any SIM that you want in your phone. It won't cause any issues with your Verizon service but you will need to make sure you have the correct SIM in your phone for the carrier your wanting to use it with. So you cannot buy another SIM and just leave it in there and expect to be on the verizon network.
    01-24-10 11:04 PM
    Thanks all your help!
    01-25-10 09:40 PM
    no issues at all. I have a prepaid sim in my storm, switch to it when going to mexico. No issues with the prepaid sim, its in my phone all the time!
    01-25-10 10:50 PM
    if i unlock it,,,and go to different country and use that country sim card..

would i still b able to get emails or use the internet??
    01-25-10 11:09 PM
    if i unlock it,,,and go to different country and use that country sim card..

would i still b able to get emails or use the internet??
    If they have data available with their SIM cards, then yes.
    01-26-10 09:06 AM
    If they have data available with their SIM cards, then yes.
    ohh,,kk,,thxx
    01-26-10 11:27 PM
    Moving to BB Unlocking
    01-27-10 01:15 PM
    as long as you have the proper data plan and service books you will be good to go.
    01-27-10 01:16 PM
    Yes you can use the foreign sim with no glitches and you will also not have any problems using your Verizon service when you're back in the US.

This is all assuming that your phone is unlocked. Let us know if you need any help with that!
    01-27-10 05:03 PM
    I have a few questions about unlocking a Verizon Storm:
    1. Can I free to use a SIM purchased in any foreign country in that country?
    2. Could it cause any issues on Verizon service in US?
    Thanks!
    Yes you can purchase any sim card in a foreign country and it will work. You will just need to switch the network settings on the storm to 2G. Unlocking it will not affect anything on the device, especially not with it's use on Verizon's network.
    01-27-10 05:56 PM
    Could an unlocked phone has software, especially OS upgrade issues from Verizon?
    01-28-10 07:41 PM
    No unlocking a device does not affect anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 07:44 PM
    Could an unlocked phone has software, especially OS upgrade issues from Verizon?
    No don't worry, unlocking doesn't affect the phone or the OS. Also unlocking a Blackberry is permanent so even after unlocking it, you can wipe the handheld and upgrade/downgrade the OS without compromising the unlock.
    01-28-10 10:58 PM
    We've unlocked a ton of them and not 1 has had a problem. Let us know if you need any help unlocking yours!
    01-29-10 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD