Here's my story......

I put my Handicapped sister-in-law on our plan as she now lives with us and we are her guardian. She cannot read so we got a Motorola phone that reads the contact list out loud.

Anyway, when I got the phone, I asked for anything that may occur charges on the phone be blocked. (I already have 2 lines like this for my young brother and sister in law who are early teens). The rep at the store said that was not a problem and I was on my way.

Yesterday I get a text saying my bill is ready and its over $500!!!!!!! WTH happened?

I call 611 and the rep proceeds to tell me the block didn't get activated till Jan 15 and I bought the phone on Jan 6. My handicapped sister had either hit a bunch of buttons to download $300 worth of stuff or she let a friend at school/work use her phone.

The first rep said I was SOL basically because the block didn't start till 15th. I asked to speak to her supervisor.

I explained myself again to the supervisor and she too said the charges were legit. But she offered to reduce the charges by half. I said I guess if that's all that can be done. Then she comes back onto the line and said she will take the full $300 off since I am a valued customer and she understands the mistake made at the store.

THANKS to 611 support!!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 06:02 PM
    Always good to hear a good CSR story. Glad it all worked out!
    01-26-10 06:50 PM
    Holy cow! Glad things got taken care of. Things like this happens all the time. I generally take that into account as a rep. And even when I accidentally incured $200 in data chgs by playing Guitar Hero after going from america choice to nationwide (per min data to $1.99 per mb)
    I put $15 vpak on in exchange for the chgs. They gladly did it. I always take that lesson when I'm on with a customer in the same situation. The chgs may be legit in the system... But you didn't approve them. LOL
    Funny how that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 08:27 PM
    The thing I was trying to explain to the original rep on the phone tat it wasn't my fault that the rep at the store didnt start the block on that phone when I bough it. But everything got resolved and I am very thankful.
    01-27-10 05:39 PM
    Hopefully you filled out an NPS survey for the rep who helped you!
    01-28-10 08:08 AM
    Yeah as long as you're real with CS, they can usually work with you.
    01-28-10 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD