Hi everyone,

I've had AT&T for as long as I've had a cell phone. For about a year now I've been having a problem with texts to a Verizon customer. The person will often send texts that I'll either never receive or will receive but much later (not when the person sent the text). More often, I do not even receive it. The person on Verizon also sometimes does not receive my texts, or they will but at a much later time from when I actually sent. I do not understand how this is happening, and then throw into the mix that anyone else I text I have absolutely no issue with; same goes for the person w/Verizon.

The other person has gotten two phones throughout this incident occurring, and I've also gotten a new phone recently (went from a BB Pearl to Curve). In fact, they got a new phone yesterday and we decided to try to see if the texting would pose a problem still; even with the person right next to me/my phone. They sent it at around 9PM, I got it at 5AM...

The person called Verizon, as I firmly believed it was their service, and their CS person said it was my phone or service. When I called AT&T they didn't really seem to know what to tell me. They said it was probably the other person's service, despite me explaining that I'm the only one this happens to for them. So, no one is really saying anything helpful.

This is getting increasingly annoying and frustrating; I do not know what to do at this point. Am I just going to have to live with this? I've been dealing with this for a year and now I'm starting to think it probably is AT&T.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm sorry if my post does not belong in this section or anything. Thanks in advance for any help!
    12-16-09 11:37 AM
    I can tell you that it is AT&T. My buddy here at work has AT&T and when he is sent a text, he gets it hours later. He will also send me a text and there are times I would not get it until (again) hours later. He also has data issues (only when he is in the city during prime time (NYC)), but no issues when he is at home. He is not a BB user. I know of a few others who use AT&T for business and have a lot of issues getting mail or sometimes calls depending on the side of the street they are on. Very frustrating indeed. Everyone feels is because of the iPhone users using up the bandwidth and AT&T are looking into fixing the situation. Hang in there.
    12-16-09 12:01 PM
    I think it has to do with where you are I have ATT and I'm in Milwaukee and my buddies on verizon, get my texts in real time. Along with everyone else I send texts to except one but he just destroyed his phone so that issue is over for now. My thought is it may depend on the usage of ATT's network with where you are since last week (i tihnk) ATT's CEO came out and said that their were heavy users killing their 3g in some areas of the country (NY, and San Francisco). So that might be the issue with the network there. And if you both have BB just use BB messenger it's faster anyways
    12-16-09 12:13 PM
    I have a problem when somebody on Verizon sends me MMS. Texts arrive on my phone quickly, in a minute or less after being sent (usually a few seconds). However, receiving MMS takes 2-30 minutes. Sometimes I get double, triple or quadruple of the same text, too.

I figured it was At&t causing the issue.
    12-17-09 08:55 AM
    This must be some sort of location issue. ATT has been my provider for years. Where I live we have good service and usually a fine 3G connection. My son lives hundreds of miles away and uses Verizon. We share text messages in real time and do regularly. One time three copies of one message arrived but in most instances all is well. Maybe we are just lucky.
    Last edited by sedalia066; 12-17-09 at 10:18 AM.
    12-17-09 09:44 AM
    I have a problem when somebody on Verizon sends me MMS. Texts arrive on my phone quickly, in a minute or less after being sent (usually a few seconds). However, receiving MMS takes 2-30 minutes. Sometimes I get double, triple or quadruple of the same text, too.

I figured it was At&t causing the issue.
    I often have this same issue. Usually with the numbers I text most. As I'm one of the very few people I know I always though it was just AT&T and Verizon not getting along.

I, however, found it was Verizon not too long ago. One of the people I text constantly and whom I sometimes get multiple messages from just started having this happen from another person they text all the time, who is on Verizon. So this is happening to them on a Verizon to Verizon connection.

Personally, I think it's Verizon's network and that it only affects those "lines" in which get the most traffic. It must have some hard time with tons of traffic and then starts to hiccup. So who knows. I think there have been other threads about this from time to time at which point we've found a solution about "clearing a channel" or something along those lines. Can't remember for sure.
    12-17-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD