I have unlimited text because I'm texting alot with family in Europe. Now I have a problem concerning sending and receiving text messages with two of my friends; I don't receive any of their texts and when I try to text them, they won't go through and I get the message "Message expired by service".
    Can someone please tell me what that means and what I can do to solve this problem??? Is it my phone, is it their phone, my provider or their provider???
    11-22-08 06:34 PM
    I'd say call your provider and have them check into it.
    11-22-08 07:02 PM
    If your friends are on the Sprint network, there is a sms txt outage.

The outage is being updated in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/spr...etwork-100342/
    11-22-08 08:11 PM
    I have unlimited text because I'm texting alot with family in Europe. Now I have a problem concerning sending and receiving text messages with two of my friends; I don't receive any of their texts and when I try to text them, they won't go through and I get the message "Message expired by service".
    Can someone please tell me what that means and what I can do to solve this problem??? Is it my phone, is it their phone, my provider or their provider???
    Unlimited text does not include text sent out of the country to a foreign number, so don't freak out when you get your bill with 200 dollars worth of international text

To avoid international text fees you will need to either send them a PIN message (if they have a blackberry) or send them a text to their phones email address.

As for why the messages are not going through, you have to be certain you are sending in the correct international format which would be the plus sign "+" followed by the country code and their full number.

For them to send you a message, they would send to +1 and your 10 digit number. 1 being the country code for the US.

Hope that helps.
    11-23-08 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD