Just curious what the difference is if someone types a long email or a long sms? You still have to read it
    getting those messages in a broken up delivery (and sometimes out of order) is a complete pain.

one message for one comment > multiple messages for one comment
    01-21-10 01:26 PM
    so im guessing that weekend bum is correct, it will be an os patch.
    01-21-10 01:53 PM
    Cost and having to get it in a bunch of pieces.

Well I've gotten messages over 160 on my blackberry says receiving text and downloads the whole message as one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 07:35 PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this in no way shape manner or form means that we will be able to send 160+ characters from a blackberry. This means that when an EMS enabled phone sends a message out of network, it will now be all delivered, instead of getting cut off at 160 and having that be it. No where does this say that blackberries will be given this capability.
    01-21-10 07:56 PM
    I think BlkBrys are left out of this loop. Everyone I've spoken to that has a berry is still at the 160 max and I am too lazy to call Vzw tonight.

01-21-10 08:42 PM
    I think BlkBrys are left out of this loop. Everyone I've spoken to that has a berry is still at the 160 max and I am too lazy to call Vzw tonight.

Would not waste your time calling. there is nothing they can do. After all the testing done here, BB stop typing at 160. Still need something like beyond 160 to get it done
    01-21-10 08:53 PM
    Oh well. Would be nice to have, but not a necessity for me.

01-21-10 09:00 PM
    why not just use mms
    01-21-10 09:01 PM
    Would not waste your time calling. there is nothing they can do. After all the testing done here, BB stop typing at 160. Still need something like beyond 160 to get it done
    to be honest, im not sure that a lot of the techs at vzw would know about the change...... I wouldnt have either, but i read up on my crackberry !!!!
    01-22-10 07:18 AM
    to be honest, im not sure that a lot of the techs at vzw would know about the change...... I wouldnt have either, but i read up on my crackberry !!!!
    Guess you do not know me very well do you

Do not so quick to judge reps and their knowledge.
    01-22-10 07:25 AM
    Guess you do not know me very well do you

Do not so quick to judge reps and their knowledge.
    i dont judge any one..... you are on here, and are in the know, others are on here, and are in the know......... but i, and speaking only for my self, had no notification from verizon in any capacity about anything to do with the max characters alowed in sms. Maybe im out of the loope, wouldnt be the first time, and it wont be the last. But with no notification, and again i am only speaking for myself....... I wouldnt have known unless i had read it here. So now think of all the reps that vzw employs, from the techs in outsourced and internal call centers, to the cr reps working prepaid...... How many do you think really get on here and look around? How many do you think that DO get on and look around passed this thread up as so much hype? I almost did. The last word i got was in training almost a year ago, and some of the calls that i have taken about the issue since, all articles and training points to it NOT being available.
    01-22-10 07:42 AM
    I wish this was already integrated into the BB structure. Especially with the threaded SMS of OS 5.0. I discovered that if the need arises where a message longer than 160 gets written, it's hard to get it all sent. (I was giving my little sister boyfriend advise, and it was past her calling curfew. Tangent: It's weird that my parents cut of her talking time, but don't take away her phone. She can text all she wants.... haha.)

I used to just type all my messages and save them as drafts. That way I could sent them one after another. I am a slow texter, so that method prevented responses in the middle of what I was saying. Can't do it with the threaded SMS. Opening a 'new' message to the same address just sends me back to the already established chat. Does anyone know of any tricks around this that I am just to lame to figure out? Haha. I can't sent MMS because those count against her. She has an old plan that doesn't include MMS and SMS in a package.
    01-22-10 10:14 PM
    Yes Weekendbum is right; it would have to come from RIM as CDMA bb's as a whole have this issue. BTW to the reps...Do you think Verizon will ever add non-camera MMS? We should at least be able to receive. Especially since I'm paying for it, but do not get them because Verizon puts the block on it. Just because I don't have a camera doesn't mean people don't send me pictures, and it's very annoying to have to go online everytime to view them.

I love how people on here say, "why don't you send long SMS as an MMS msg?" Well for people like me that have an 8830, we're screwed since we don't even have that option.
    01-23-10 12:56 PM
    Going over 160 characters just kind of defeats the purpose of SMS (SHORT message service)

doesn't take rocket science to figure this one out, but then again if there were less 14-yr olds w/ BB, this probably wouldn't be an issue
    01-28-10 12:50 PM
    *snickers*
    +1
    01-28-10 01:41 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD