12-02-09 11:36 AM
43 12
tools
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if any of you have tethered with US Cellular before? If you have, did you get hit with a charge on your bill for tethering? I just tried to see if it worked and I only loaded google because I didn't want to do a usage spike.
    04-30-09 05:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f110/te...llular-159501/

That thread has a link to USCC's BB tethering service.
    04-30-09 06:03 PM
    Yea I do all the time there is no extra costs for it is just a 5gb cap that's all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 09:15 PM
    The cap it. 5GB, like carter17 said. It's nice to have a company that actually caps usage, instead of letting you earn yourself a $62k bill, or some other nonsense.
    04-30-09 11:52 PM
    I mean tethering without paying for the service.
    05-02-09 01:47 AM
    Yes I answered that it is no extra charge at all... U can go to uscc.com it will tell u how to set it up.. There is no charge for the service... I don't know how else to explain it to u... Its pretty simply they do not charge u at all just 5gb is all u can use. I hope this helps u.. I can not explain it any better... No charge for tethering...... No extra money on ur bill no nothing free...

05-02-09 01:56 AM
    Then what is the $15 a month tethering charge? Is that for more than 5 gigs?
    05-02-09 02:00 AM
    There is no $15 charge I know on there web site that's what it says but there is no charge.. Have had the service for 2 months no extra charge free.. After 5gb u will start to run up ur bill u can call 611 and check ur usage as u go through the month.... It is a free service no $15 charge I sat on the phone for 15 min asking customer service about it it is free

05-02-09 02:08 AM
    Thanks for your help. That is weird that their site says it. I mean its right here lol.
    05-02-09 02:11 AM
    I know lol I went through the same thing u did... I. Called 611 a lady said yes it is a 15 dollar charge I said ok. Then I called a week later and told them I did not want it a rep said why I said cuz its 15 a month she said no its not we went back and forth for 15 min I just gave up lol but I have had two bills since then and no charge like she said so just call 611 if u do not believe me but I promise u I use mine all the time and it is no extra cost I swear

05-02-09 02:16 AM
    I don't think that they could tell the difference if you are only browsing web pages. If you are hitting up youtube, I can see where suspicions may arise.
    05-02-09 02:22 AM
    When u teather ur phone goes into modem mode.. And then that is how they know the difference... Stay away for browsing videos 5gb is not very much when doing that... If u call 611 they can tell u how much data u have used with just ur phone and the with tethering it is two different things

05-02-09 02:26 AM
    Really? I have a bandwidth monitor on my computer and I use between 50-150 mb per day, 50mb being no videos,downloads, etc.
    05-02-09 02:30 AM
    That's not teathering thow... All I can tell u is the rep told me watch streaming videos cuz u will go over but its like 1:30 where I'm at I'm about to crash hope I helped a lil bit

05-02-09 02:33 AM
    I know, just showing u my average web usage... not in any danger of 5+gb per month, especially since I have wifi in my house lol. It is 1:30 for me too.
    05-02-09 02:36 AM
    Ok right now they charge me $15 a month!! I had a moto q and wanted the BB so I asked if I could still tether and they said it's $15 PLUS the regular BB plan to be able to have 5GB of tethering. But unlimited usage if just on BB without tethering. I'M GETTING RIPPED OFF HARDCORE!! Who do I call to complain about this?? O.o

05-03-09 11:30 PM
    That sucks man I guess just call 611 but they will probley just say that everyone pays for it or something like that.. Idk to be honest

05-04-09 12:11 AM
    Ok right now they charge me $15 a month!! I had a moto q and wanted the BB so I asked if I could still tether and they said it's $15 PLUS the regular BB plan to be able to have 5GB of tethering. But unlimited usage if just on BB without tethering. I'M GETTING RIPPED OFF HARDCORE!! Who do I call to complain about this?? O.o

If you want to teather, the Blackberry Data + Mobile Broadband plan is $39.95 - which is $15 extra compared to the normal Blackberry data plan.

You are not getting ripped off, you are paying for the service you plan on using.
    05-05-09 03:10 PM
    But really what's the difference? I'm getting the same internet from the same source.. I'm just putting it to use in a more advanced way than a cell phone could. Your really not getting anything more... Your just using it differently.. But you have to pay more because they know you'll be using it in a certain way? To me they're just trying to charge you for anything they possibly can. I mean even insurance is bogus. You pay a certain fee monthly for phone insurance, and then if your phone breaks they charge (in my experience) $50 for them to send it in and attempt to fix it.

05-06-09 05:08 PM
    I just called USCC and talked with one of the reps and he said there IS a $15 charge for tethering, HOWEVER, I asked "what if I set it up and everything is working. will I automatically get billed for this?" his response was "no"
    Time will tell!
    09-11-09 03:52 PM
    Don't pay the extra $15 for the tethering package. Just pay for the usual $25/mo and watch your usage, don't make it obvious, they'll never know.
    09-11-09 04:07 PM
    So if I follow the directions posted on the link provided earlier in the thread, what do I use for "8. Enter the Username and Password provided by your wireless carrier" ??

Thanks!
    09-12-09 12:50 AM
    So if I follow the directions posted on the link provided earlier in the thread, what do I use for "8. Enter the Username and Password provided by your wireless carrier" ??

Thanks!
    Nothing. I set mine up and didn't enter a name a password. It's works great. Just hit dial.

Also I had heard somewhere that you had to have the Desktop Manager running at the same time. I didn't have it running and worked fine. Oh well, we'll find out if there's a charge. I really don't see how it can be charged if you're already paying for "unlimited data".
    09-12-09 02:10 AM
    Nothing. I set mine up and didn't enter a name a password. It's works great. Just hit dial.

Also I had heard somewhere that you had to have the Desktop Manager running at the same time. I didn't have it running and worked fine. Oh well, we'll find out if there's a charge. I really don't see how it can be charged if you're already paying for "unlimited data".
    The person on my second line tethers all day every day with their Curve but doesn't pay the extra $15. Usage comes in at about 1.5 to 2GB/mo, no extra charges, no nothing.
    09-12-09 09:05 AM
    The person on my second line tethers all day every day with their Curve but doesn't pay the extra $15. Usage comes in at about 1.5 to 2GB/mo, no extra charges, no nothing.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.
    09-12-09 09:18 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD